North Cyprus Tourist Board - What is happening here - I really do dispair but I will not give up
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > What is happening here - I really do dispair but I will not give up

What is happening here - I really do dispair but I will not give up

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

GinaC

Message Posted:
14/08/2011 16:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 24 in Discussion

Why oh why can I not post a serious query on here without it being taken off topic and subsequently closed.

In my opinion off topic posts should be deleted and those doing it on a regular basis should be advised to start a new thread.

I was purely speaking for myself on the now closed thread, citing just a couple of examples and even specifically requested the previous antics did not take place on said thread. However, as per usual it did therefore here I will not name specifics so if you do it again your motives are obvious, at least to me.

Personal abuse is against forum rules and I also think that this constant sniping at each other and organisations should be stamped out period.

I am sick to death of it and having to sift through all the dross to get to the information is frankly a pain in the bum.

I beg the administrators to exercise their powers, not by banning individuals unless the administrators seem fit but just totally removing the off topic posts.

cornish

Message Posted:
14/08/2011 16:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 24 in Discussion

Very good questions indeed ....

Troodo

Message Posted:
14/08/2011 18:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 24 in Discussion

This forum is continually under attack from GC’s and their sympathizers, many of them come from the Cyprus forum - there is nothing unusual about that it has been going on for years. Their agenda is to spread unrest and frighten off expats - this attack on business is fairly new however. Mm, started here, some years back, blatantly attacking the TRNC with his twisted versions of history, many members at that time shot him down in flames. He now pretends he is a good guy, only trying to help, but often goes off thread with his accusations. Many old Cyprus 44 members have left in disgust because the moderators have failed in their duty to protect the forum from theses parasites. The moderators know this and do ban some, like Pikey, only to let them back under a different guise. I would ask them now to be more vigilant, before this forum loses all credibility and ends up in the bin - as happened to the original Cyprus 44.

hattikins

Message Posted:
14/08/2011 18:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 24 in Discussion

Gina, you might as well save your energy, there are too many people now who want to ruin this board, people who aren't even members comment on what an awful reputation it has. It appears that the Mods are unable to deal with these people properly so it looks like 44 is on the road to ruin.

Jeannie

Message Posted:
14/08/2011 18:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 24 in Discussion

Message 4

Carol, could not agree with you more - in fact, I was just about to post something very similar.

Gina - Carol is absolutely right - you might just as well save your energy, but (from me, at least) thanks for trying

Jean

negativenick

Message Posted:
14/08/2011 18:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 24 in Discussion

mess 3 - having lived in the trnc - i sympatise with the GC's.............

erolz

Message Posted:
14/08/2011 18:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 24 in Discussion

GinaC, staying hypothetical, if someone chooses to advertise their products and service on the forum and I believe there is a risk to using such a product that the advertiser is not being clear about, is it not reasoanble for me to post laying out what I think those risks are and why ? If the advertiser responds to this with personal abuse, insinuations, and attacks on me as a person because I have raised concerns about their product or service, am I to blame or them, for damaging the forum ?

eyebob

Message Posted:
14/08/2011 19:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 24 in Discussion

Ref message 4,fear we already there, this site has been hijacked by people who want it to close, thereby having won.In my opinion the moderators here just do not have the bottle or savvy to deal with the culprits;I must agree Mmmmmm is probably the worst but there are many more such cretins.

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
14/08/2011 19:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 24 in Discussion

We are doing our best to get rid of the troublemakers. We can assure you that mire people will be banned over the coming weeks.

Jeannie

Message Posted:
14/08/2011 19:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 24 in Discussion

Bill - message 9.

Is this word "mire" a sort of cross between dire and more, as in "more dire people................"

We live in hope

J

hattikins

Message Posted:
14/08/2011 19:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 24 in Discussion

Come on now Bill, get a grip, it's dire and we are in the mire, but hope springs eternal.

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
14/08/2011 20:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 24 in Discussion

"it's dire and we are in the mire"

Hattikins. You're a poet and you know it. )

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
14/08/2011 20:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 24 in Discussion

Eyebob,

forgive me.. but if folk post fibs about me and then deny it.. I 'might' just respond.. if you post stating I'm a culprit for defending THE TRUTH..

Again, I'm sorry to be posting on what is basically a common sense thread.. but my name was mentioned in a negative aspect.. the ironic thing is that Cornish - who is responsible for the current 'activity' is now claiming to be a 'victim' having posted misinfo re the board...

To the members and mods... if my name doesn't get mentioned and there aren't any fibs posted I'm happy to take a 'posting holiday' .. I'm sure ErolZ and other members BS radars are highly tuned, now

I would suggest Cornish needs to seriously rethink his position re his comments concerning the board, Erolz and myself.. to save himself embarrassment..

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
14/08/2011 20:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 24 in Discussion

@ Troodo re msg 3

You posted this guff on another thread and I could respond as the thread was closed.

I don't know if you really believe what you wrote of if you see this as some sort of opportunity to try and 'put the put in ;)

It won't wash with mods who know me personally..

Politics: proven record of pro Annan - like soln , wanting TR IN Europe.. VERY anti-'Liealotopolous' policies and angry that it put back a soln. My wife was treated illegally by the 'rump Roc' and we had to get the European commission and the RoC govr ombudsman involved..

'TRNC' : declaring independence has been the single cause that set back TCs' cause, but since their pro 2004 Annan vote - they deserve a bigger say / voice..

ECHR.. have made sound decisions and neither side can pick and choose which decisions they like

Business: I see companies making claims I KNOW are b*ll*x and this will effect clients... been banned before, but keep proving I'm right to persist..

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
14/08/2011 20:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 24 in Discussion

>>You posted this guff on another thread and I could[N'T] respond as the thread was closed. <<

too much passion and not enough checking :(

Turtle

Message Posted:
14/08/2011 21:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 24 in Discussion

I read on a previous thread that there was a document that said the telly system that is causing all this kerfuffle was actually legal and had been seen and read by someone at the newspaper.

Have I missed a thread or has this document not been published yet ?

philbailey

Message Posted:
14/08/2011 21:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 24 in Discussion

Msg 16 , interesting

erolz

Message Posted:
14/08/2011 21:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 24 in Discussion

Turtle that is a claim made by Mr Lobb in his article in Cyprus Star, that he has seen a letter that means that Arriva are 'authorsied' dealers for OSN but it does not match up with what OSN themselves say if you ask them directly. No disrespect intended but between an claim of a letter than we ourselves can not see and the direct response fo OSN themselves I would assume OSN have the correct information.

Turtle

Message Posted:
14/08/2011 21:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 24 in Discussion

So c,mon Mr Cornish print this letter and put an end to all this silliness.

erolz

Message Posted:
14/08/2011 22:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 24 in Discussion

Just to be absolutely clear the claim made in Mr Lobb article was, verbatamin minus any mistakes on my part retyping it

"Mr Alldred has never claimed to be an authorised dealer for the O.S.N. and A.D.M.C. systems that he provides (although, in the case of OSN, he could do, because he has written authorisation which I have personally seen)"

Scan of full article here

http://www.visionmatters.co.uk/cyprus/star.jpg

Yet when MM and others have contacted OSN themselves directly, to ask about authorised dealers in general or Arriva specificaly, the response from OSN has always been that they do not have any authorised dealers in Cyprus (North or South) and on the OSN website list of authorised dealers there are no dealers listed at all for either North or South Cyprus.

Mr Lobb has said the point of his article was not the issue of Arriva's status as an authorised dealer or not, but the issue of how cyprus44 is alledgedly abused by some, but the inconsistency remains.

Pugwash

Message Posted:
14/08/2011 22:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 24 in Discussion

Here we go again, Erolz, mmmmmm and all what I think is that the ordinary member objects to, is not you pointing out how you feel, or what you think but the constant going on and on about it on any thread that may possibly be connected, this being one of them, your credibility and standing just goes down and down when you do this,do you not know when to stop?

erolz

Message Posted:
14/08/2011 23:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 24 in Discussion

Pugwash in msg 16 Turtle reffered to something and then in 17 philbailey said 'interesting'. All I have done is respond to these posts, trying to provide accurate factual information. Sorry if doing this somehow annoys you.

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
14/08/2011 23:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 24 in Discussion

This thread is now closed. Reason: Thread was addressed and no need for further posts.

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
14/08/2011 23:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 24 in Discussion

This thread is now closed. Reason: Thread was addressed and no need for further posts.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.