North Cyprus Tourist Board - Anyone in north had to retrieve lost luggage from Larnaca?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Anyone in north had to retrieve lost luggage from Larnaca?

Anyone in north had to retrieve lost luggage from Larnaca?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Driving Directions from Larnaca Airport to Kyrenia

Greycat

Message Posted:
16/08/2011 11:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

We are holidaying in TRNC next week. On previous times we have always flown to Ercan but this time we are coming via Larnaca. I was wondering what the situation would be if a bag(s) went missing ? I can understand how it might be delivered out/collected easily if we were coming through Ercan, but I question if Thompsons would take responsibility of sending it over the border ! Likewise, how complicated would it be for us to have to go back to Larnaca to retirieve it?

Obviously hoping it won't happen, but forewarned is forearmed so would appreciate any axperiences/advice ?

ttoli

Message Posted:
16/08/2011 12:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

Has happened in the past and No they wont send it over the Border, You'd be far better off collecting it in person from Larnaca Airport.

cyprusLulz

Message Posted:
16/08/2011 12:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

go into arrival go to the far corner ( to the left of the shop )beach coloured door lost luggage is in there .

Perhaps one of the many taxi companys who advertise on here would collect it for you ?

ttoli

Message Posted:
16/08/2011 12:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

Msg 3

Pretty sure that the passenger collecting it needs to ID themselves with their passport BEFORE staff will release it.

Carndi

Message Posted:
16/08/2011 12:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

My wife had lost luggage flying into Pafos and the staff there were great.

We told them we were from the north but they said that was not a problem and true to their word they rang the next day to inform us it had been found.

They said they would deliver it as soon as posible but I said I would be in south Nicosia the next day and we arranged to meet at the Holiday Inn to collect.

Could not fault the staff.

cyprusLulz

Message Posted:
16/08/2011 12:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

Message 4

I HAVE COLLECTED RECENTLY NO ID REQUIRED JUST CALL AND TELL THEM WHO WILL BE COLLECTING IT JUST SIGN PAPER AND GIVE MOBILE NUMBER(oops caps on sorry )

Marion

Message Posted:
16/08/2011 15:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

Our son had that problem the other Christmas, except he had left byu the time it arrived and it went back to U.K. talk about Happy Christmas! But it meant our going over constantly, as we were told it was on the next flight (but it wasn'tO). Christmas rush meant a bit more chaos than usual, but we DID have to go to Larnaca. After all, they want to make sure the correct person collects it!

But, hey, Greycat - don't be so pessimistic! Not all luggage gets lost!

Perry

Message Posted:
16/08/2011 18:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

Our friends came over from New York via Athens and due to a late connection, their luggage didnt make it. The staff at Larnaca were great and they arranged it for a later flight. The taxi firm (run by Oscars) sorted everything - brought them up to the North, then got them to sign a letter to release the bags and gave them the reclaim stubs. Oscars collected and delivered the bags to the villa the next morning. Very efficient and no problems...

Greycat

Message Posted:
16/08/2011 18:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

Thanks everyone for the anecdotes and advice.

I'm less pessimistic now having read the replies I normally never worry about missing bags as you are usually within striking distance of the airport, but in this case had no idea what would happen in Cyprus with us being other side of the border.

Johnatcastle

Message Posted:
16/08/2011 20:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

We arrived a couple of years ago with our (then small children) but they left our buggy at heathrow. Went to the lost luggage counter at (the old) Larnaca airport and they informed me that they knew it wasn't on the plane? They then told me that they wouldn't deliver it to the north even though B.A. state quite clearly that they will deliver lost luggage to your destination. They argued that they could not cross the border (which is obviously rubbish) They did however agree to meet me at Ledra Palace crossing (I had to walk over to the other side) we agreed to meet at a certain time and yes you guessed it they were late, very late! My wife and children waiting in the car for nearly two hours and me standing on a street just passed the customs point looking a bit suspicious, not a good look..LOL We did however receive the buggy eventually but it was a pain in the rear. We claimed for a taxi from Lapta to Nicosia + return + waiting time but I don't think they ever paid. No probs since.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.