North Cyprus Tourist Board - Transporting container from UK- Kyrenia North Cyprus
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Transporting container from UK- Kyrenia North Cyprus

Transporting container from UK- Kyrenia North Cyprus

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Kyrenia North Cyprus

» Kyrenia Cyprus Photo Gallery

» Kyrenia Sights

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

» See all North Cyprus Shipping threads posted so far

» Read about Shipping Freight to North Cyprus

Regalia

Message Posted:
16/08/2011 17:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

I am wanting to know if it is cheaper to buy in Kyrenia for furnishing apartment or hiring container from UK to North Cyprus as certain companies are wanting as much as £3000 for 20 ft container, if anybody has better idea please reply to this request.

Jonesy299

Message Posted:
16/08/2011 17:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

Unless you particularly want to bring over tons of personal items / favourite furniture etc you are much better off buying locally for a number of reasons:

1. It should work out more cost effective (even the electric/white goods are far more reasonable now)

2. You can select stuff that suits / fits / matches the villa rooms and the climate

3. If it breaks or is unsuitable you stand more chance getting it sorted if locally purchased.

I'm sure I could think of more... but hope this helps

Johnatcastle

Message Posted:
16/08/2011 20:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

Agree with Jonesy (even though I am a removal man so I shouldn't...LOL)

£3000 for a 20' packed and shipped to TRNC is a very good price anyway but just budget that into buying new there. You should be able to furnish a house for that. Plus no hassle with customs or damage. If you have personal items that you just can't part with then either pack them in your cases when flying (a bit each time you fly) If it's a little then try paying the excess baggage (but book it in advance, don't just turn up at the airport with 10 x boxes) or try one of the people on here doing runs to and from the UK.

Good luck.

Whitevanman

Message Posted:
18/08/2011 16:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

Johnatcastle is giving best advice

A lot of the stuff you own in the UK is not actually what looks or is best suited for your new home. I have sent containers and delivered personally to TRNC and some times you look at the stuff you put in a container and you wonder why?

There are personal things that you are attached to for one reason or another and there are one or 2 things that you have a better choice or a big price differential on UK/TRNC but for the most part the extra money you have to spend on your container can be offset by replacement with what is sometimes a more suitable product

If anything needs attention a UK warrantee doesnt help but a local supplier can be a big help

I had 1 customer and she came from Caracus and moved by airfreight! she only had a few boxes but she did have a mattress! I thought this was very strange but as she pointed out a good mattress costs a heck of a lot and even then until you sleep on it you dont really know if its going to be good for

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.