North Cyprus Tourist Board - David Lewis, the man behind the Karpaz marina, dies
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > David Lewis, the man behind the Karpaz marina, dies

David Lewis, the man behind the Karpaz marina, dies

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Port Cyprium Marina

» See all marina related threads in North Cyprus

» Read Port Cyprium Village property review

Biggles

Message Posted:
16/08/2011 21:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Arrived in the UK early this am and bought a Daily Telegraph. It is reported that Davis Lewis, aged 87 died on August 9th. Amongst his many projects was the developement, despite an EU ban, of the marina in the Karpaz. How will his death affect the growth of the area?

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
16/08/2011 21:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Carol, very sad to hear of his death. I don't think anything will change though.

theoddmajor

Message Posted:
16/08/2011 22:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

David Lewis was a staunch supporter of the British Cyprus Memorial Trust which was instrumental in the provision of the Memorial to the fallen in the Cyprus Emergency of the 1950's.

He attended the unveiling of the granite Memorial, which sits in the Old British Cemetery in Girne, in November 2009 and also the VIP dinner the night before at the Mercure hotel.

Our condolences go to his wife Ruth and have been conveyed to her in the UK.

Brian Thomas

Chairman British Cyprus Memorial Committee

CJtill

Message Posted:
17/08/2011 10:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

I worked for many years for David Lewis at River Island and subsequently met him over here in Cyprus when he visited. It is so sad that he did not see his Karpaz marina completely finished as I know he was a great supporter of Northern Cyprus. He brought his yacht into the marina a couple of years ago which is when I last saw him and he was full of optimism about his project. Let's hope his dream continues to materialise.

Hippo

Message Posted:
17/08/2011 11:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

A man that translated vision into reality, promised by many here, fullfilled by few.

I met him on a number of occasions and enjoyed his company immensley, condolences to his family and friends.

NEllis1

Message Posted:
22/08/2011 14:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

The death of David Lewis will not impact the development of the marina as I understand the project was also undertaken by other Lewis family members who have substantial experience in high end project developments throughout the world mainly in hotel resorts. I also understand there is already a team on site dealing with much of the day to day management of the project.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.