North Cyprus Tourist Board - Transfer of North Cyprus Title Deeds
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Transfer of North Cyprus Title Deeds

Transfer of North Cyprus Title Deeds

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Lawyer Discussions posted so far

» Law Firms on Cyprus44 Business Directory

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

Ingersy

Message Posted:
17/08/2011 12:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

HI everyone.

I'm new to the forum but have browsed it in recent times. I've looked at the various title deed issues during my research and thought I was pretty sussed.

However I've just been told by a Brit who owns property and land in Kyrenia (pre 74) that no deeds are currently being transferred to foreign nationals. I'm told that regardless of whether its pre 74 or TRNC it makes no difference in the end. And that although this is not a law the Government/councils are sitting on it and no title deeds have actually been transferred to foreign nationals for some two years or so.

So effectively you end up paying for a property but will never be able to sell it on because the title is not in your name?

I'm in Kyrenia until the end of the week and looking etc. Would appreciate if anyone can give me any clear information on this topic.

Many Thanks...

Bradus

Message Posted:
17/08/2011 12:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

Most people would now agree that PRE 74 Turkish title deeds are no longer being approved to foreign nationals. Honest Estate Agents will tell you that only TC's can now buy this particular deed. However deeds are now all coming under the heading of TRNC deeds so it is becoming difficult to know what particular deed you are purchasing. It is this action that makes it difficult to make an informed decision.

Getting deeds is difficult at the best of times and many residents have still not got their deeds after several years. Some have them but they were asked for more money than the contractual price before the developer would hand them over.

Others have bought with no problem and were lucky enough to receive their deeds paying only the contracted price.

I have not heard that NO deeds are being transferred but with the TRNC who knows? It's a really big gamble at the best of times. Houses are cheap for a very good reason.

Deniz1

Message Posted:
17/08/2011 12:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

I kniow many people who have received their deeds this year from the construction companies some pre 74 and some exchange land. Dont believe rumours find out for yourself.

martinD41

Message Posted:
17/08/2011 12:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

Two very good reasons actually,,

1,Buy the wrong deed type and you may never own it.

2. most houses are VERY CHEAPLY built,, condemnable in some cases .....

Bradus

Message Posted:
17/08/2011 13:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

ONLY TC's will now get PTP on Pre 74. Risk all your money by ignoring this advice. The only people to dispute this are those currently selling,some dishonorable Estate Agents and Advocates and those that just will not hear anything negative said about the TRNC.

Many buyers, including myself, listened to the advice of forum members that put PTP refusals down to the rumour mill and assured us it was safe.

We learned the hard way!

Don't make the same mistake. The stress is just not worth it.

martinD41

Message Posted:
17/08/2011 13:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

Deniz1....Rumour,I think not... http://thehoneyballbuzz.com/2009/05/01/warning-do-not-buy-property-in-northern-cyprus/

the butler

Message Posted:
17/08/2011 13:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

Bradus,

Turkish Cypriots do not need permission to purchase a property but I do agree that they seem to be keeping this title deed for their own citizens.

The butlers wife

witchfinder

Message Posted:
17/08/2011 14:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

avoid buying anything in the TRNC, we did and have only just got rid after 6 years of stress, never stayed in our place and lost a fair bit of money, luckily not all as we got our title eventually and sold as soon as an opportunity presented itself...... My advice is rent and research first, do not buy anything unless the seller has their title deeds, even then there are risks. Happy hunting.

Bradus

Message Posted:
17/08/2011 18:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

Yes of course you are correct the butler, I meant to state that only the TC can purchase this deed but I phrased it very badly.Sorry if I confused anyone.

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
17/08/2011 18:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

It's a total gamble - never listen to those who say 'I did my homework!' - that's complete rubbish - they've just been lucky.

There's an old saying about Cyprus [North & South]:

'Never put a penny into Cyprus that you aren't prepared to lose with a smile!'

The problem is, not many cheated buyers have 'enough wool on their backs' to be able to smile!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.