North Cyprus Tourist Board - Claiming back social sigorta and pension payments when leaving TRNC
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Claiming back social sigorta and pension payments when leaving TRNC

Claiming back social sigorta and pension payments when leaving TRNC

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

spanna

Message Posted:
18/08/2011 20:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

Hi All,

I'm just wondering if anyone can help me - I am going back to the UK to work and having worked here for 2 and half years, I believe I am eligible to claim back social sigorta/ pension payments ... Does anyone know how this process works and what I need to present to the social sigorta/pension office in order get the money paid back...

Thanks in advance.

Anna.

bigOz

Message Posted:
18/08/2011 20:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

You are only entitled for the return of the 'ihtiyat sandığı" (special need funds), ONLY for the period of employment before 2010 (ie. in 2009 and before). Anything else - I am afraid you just have to wave goodbye to! Recently, someone I know well had received around 700+ TL for 15 months' contributions...

spanna

Message Posted:
19/08/2011 12:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

Thanks for the reply Big Oz - but I'm not sure how accurate that is - I have just had an email from a friend who did it last summer but she had to take a turkish speaking friend with her to get it sorted - if anyone else has other experiences of this, I'd be interested to hear them... she was adamant that it was the social sigorta and pension payments that she received.

kiwikid

Message Posted:
19/08/2011 12:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

You should be intitled to all your social sigorta, I got mine all back though that was a while ago before i got married.

It was quiet easy i went in to the S.S office in Lefkosa (That was where I was working) gave them my papers for my work permit and bank account details here, also at the time you had to show you Air line ticket (that may of changed) about 2 weeks later it was in my account, minus some deductions.

It maybe a good Idea to take a Turkish speaking friend with you.

Angela

spanna

Message Posted:
19/08/2011 12:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

Great, thank you Angela - the papers for your work permit - do you just mean your permit stamped in your passport...? I don't think I have any other papers??!

Thanks again...

Anna.

Crumpy

Message Posted:
19/08/2011 13:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

Hi again Anna

"I don't think I have any other papers?"- Maybe you can ask Mark and Hayran for them ... I best not comment any more than that ...

By the way Anna, things eventually sorted themselves out nicely for me ... and Havva and I are getting married this weekend

In any case, good luck with reclaiming your national insurance contributions.

iancrumpy@yahoo.com

spanna

Message Posted:
19/08/2011 13:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

Congratulations Ian... That's fantastic news... Have a wonderful day and all the best for your future together... And thanks - yea - I think perhaps I will do that...

Good luck with everything.

kiwikid

Message Posted:
19/08/2011 15:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

When I did it you had a Pink book, and a Blue book as well as the stamp in your passport, the books showed your SS number and had all details on them, again things change. One was for ihtiyat sandığı the other for Social Sigorta.

Pippie

Message Posted:
19/08/2011 17:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

My accountant told me that if/when you go back to UK you can get all SS back. The only thing I have is a form stamped in my passport. I was also told that for the ihtiyat sandığı, it's like a special savings pot and an employee is able to withdraw that every so often for what ever they want to spend it on. Don't know if there's a timeframe you have to adhere to. Your employer and/or their accountant should be able to help you.

spanna

Message Posted:
19/08/2011 17:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

Ok guys, that's really helpful... Thank you. I will get in touch with the accountant as I believe he held all the papers of that nature. I definitely didn't get a pink book - got one of those when i did residency - but not my work permit?!

Will let you know how I get on!!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.