North Cyprus Tourist Board - laptop key board problem with change to windows7
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > laptop key board problem with change to windows7

laptop key board problem with change to windows7

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

batgirl

Message Posted:
26/08/2011 16:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 35 in Discussion

We have just updated from windows vista to winndows 7 ultimate but the ancillary keys don,t give the requested icon,help please.

erolz

Message Posted:
26/08/2011 17:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 35 in Discussion

Do you mean the 'alt' combination keys to do things like change volume and brightness on the screen ?

These functions typicaly require 'extra' software to work. As long as the machine you have has the necessay programs for windows7 then you should be able to download and install the programs that will make these fucntions work again.

If you post the make and model number of yuur laptop I will try and find the relevant things to download, if they can be found.

laptatim

Message Posted:
26/08/2011 18:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 35 in Discussion

had mine changed from vista to windows 7

all you need to do is go into control panel and go to clock language and region and change keyboard settings

it's quite easy to do

batgirl

Message Posted:
26/08/2011 19:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 35 in Discussion

@ is quotation marks and I can,t find the pound sign etc

erolz

Message Posted:
26/08/2011 20:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 35 in Discussion

It is as the poster in mesage 3 says then. You just need to change your keyboard settings.

From control panel, find 'region and language' settings. Double click to open the Region and Langauge window. From tabs along the top select 'keyboard and languages'. And then select change Keyboard.

You need to add and then set as default the keyboard that you have. If Shift 2 is the @ symbol then you have a US keyboard. Otherwise it is probably a UK keyboard. If you tell me what is on the shift 1 to 5 keys I can make a better guess as to what actual keyboard you have.

Hope that helps.

erolz

Message Posted:
26/08/2011 20:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 35 in Discussion

If you have no pound symbol on the keyboard at all and @ symbol and " symbols are worng way round I think you probalby have a US key board. My keyboard is a US one. I have @ on shift 2 key. # on shift 3 key. $ symbol on shift 4 key. Is this what you have ?

proger1

Message Posted:
26/08/2011 20:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 35 in Discussion

batgirl, as laptatim has explained and erolz is floundering around trying to google search the answer so he can look like the guru he calims to be, your language settings are incorrect.

To remedy this, go to the windows start icon at the very bottm left, left click on it and then when it opens, click on control panel, 4 up from the bottom on the right hand column, this will open a new window and 2nd bootm from the right is the heading Clock, language and region which has directly underneath (change keyboard or input methods), click on this.

Another window will open, click on change keyboards and when it opens, click add and on the next window go down the list to English (United Kingdom) and click the + sign next to it and then the keyboard should open, click the plus again and then click the empty box next to the United Kingdom statement. Click OK.

After this is all completed on the bottom of the screen you should now see EN, click on this and selct english UK. All keys shoud work.

erolz

Message Posted:
26/08/2011 20:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 35 in Discussion

proger1 this is getting silly.

Anyway your post assumes they physicaly have a UK spec keyboard. If there is actualy no pound symbol on the keyboard then they do not have a UK spec keyboard and setting the windows setting to UK keyboard if they have US specced one, is the problem not the solution to the problem.

Proger1 if you think that your repeated personal attacks are going to get me to stop trying to help others as best I can then you are mistaken.

proger1

Message Posted:
26/08/2011 20:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 35 in Discussion

Just as an explanation to oithers who may try and upgrade to Windows 7, When you attempt to upgrade the set up software for windows 7 should request you to choose your input language, the genheric selection for the siftware is English (US) language and keyboard. If your laptop has a $ sign above the number 4 on the keyboard it is a US keyboard, if it has a poiund sign it is british. I would suggest choosing the correct one although it is possible to uyse the alternate with practice.

It is as laptatim expalined, easy to change to any keyboard using this system, I have English (US), English (UK), Russian and Turkish keyboiards available to my selection and is you click the start icon and type keyboard in the bootom box with the magnifying glass on the right it should show On Screen Keyboard, if you right click this and select Pin to Taskbar, it will open when selected from the bootom of the screen and change to whichever language choice you make from the EN button (Windows 7 system)

proger1

Message Posted:
26/08/2011 20:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 35 in Discussion

Actually erolz, my repeated difference of opinion with you is to hopefully educate other members to the fact that you only give half truths,I have been requested to stop so I will not engage in another dispute with you about how you are trying to help others. I will say from the bottom of my heart that I had huge respect for you until I found out some home truths about you. I was one of the misled who actually thought you were genuinly trying to assist, I now know different and feel so embarassed about my gullability that I hope to stop others from believing that your sole purpose is to help people.

By all means, give assistance to all that request it, but if you try to lead people down the garden path, (I hasten to add, your choice of path) I will do my utmost to point out the information that you are so good at leaving out.

As you correctly state, we all have our own opinions but whilst you are advising people you need to remember that it needs to be unbiased.

MUSIN M

Message Posted:
26/08/2011 20:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 35 in Discussion

proger and erolz

why don,t you two come down to my gym ,i will give you both some gloves and you can have it out in the ring ,i tell you now 100per cent when you finish win, lose or draw you will end up the best of friends.

trust me

musin

long live the kktc

proger1

Message Posted:
26/08/2011 20:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 35 in Discussion

Thanks for the offer Musin, I will leave it up to erolz, if I were to say I love the idea, people would think I am a thug and if I decline, people woud think me a coward, catch 22 really.

proger1

Message Posted:
26/08/2011 20:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 35 in Discussion

Actually Erolz, I am considering getting my lazy ass to a gym, where is yours located

proger1

Message Posted:
26/08/2011 20:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 35 in Discussion

Sorry, I must have erolz on the brain, that was directed at Musin

erolz

Message Posted:
26/08/2011 21:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 35 in Discussion

Musim M as ever when I have such clashes with indivduals on a forum, I try and arange a face to face meeting. I did make such an offer to proger1 via email but have had no reply to date. As for msg10 , yet more insinuation about me as a person. You have learnt some 'home truths' about me have you proger1 ? Of course you wiull not say what they are will you or where you heard them from so the accusation can be defended ? Of course not. Do you really think this kind of 'tatic' is effective in influencing people ? Really ?

Anyway appologies to the poor poster who was siimply tyring to get their keyboard to work for the part I have played in all this off topic nonsense.

proger1

Message Posted:
26/08/2011 21:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 35 in Discussion

first home truth then erolz, what e-mail did you send me, which address, I have several and all are active including the one in my profile as the website which if opened lists several more.

As I have mentioned, half truths, you say what you need to make you sound honest and accurate but leave out the parts which show your true self.

Any person who knows me on this forum will tell you that I am exactly who I say I am, it is probably my worst flaw because it alienates me from people who don't like my up front attitude but those who can see past that are I like to believe my friends because I am genuine and if there is one thing in my life I want to get away from it is a liar. Prove to me you sent a mail that I recieved and I will apologise in public in every way I can until then, admit that I will state my case.

ref message 10 insinuations, where, I respected you, found out more about you and didn't any more, what is the insinuation about you.

erolz

Message Posted:
26/08/2011 21:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 35 in Discussion

The email was sent to your account that is listed here on your profile, proger1@hotmail.com

what did you alledgedy find out about me exactly that has made you behave the way your are now on the forum ? I would discuss such via email , or in person but given no option on the first two then here if necessary, given that it is here that you are making this insinuations. You could also clear up the whole 'recordning conversations to trap somone' bit as well, as that is another insinuation you have made that has no basis in any reality I aa aware off.

proger1

Message Posted:
26/08/2011 21:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 35 in Discussion

If you really want to continue this charade, tell me the time and date of this e-mail, I have all ready stated that I would publicly apologise if you can prove you did, here's an idea, forward the mail again, it would be in your sent folder with hopefully the original time and date, if it has then I will apologise and also contact Microsoft for not allowing mail through, I will not back down to this. If you had sent me a mail to request me to meet you I can promise you it would either have all ready happened or it would be planned by now.

erolz

Message Posted:
26/08/2011 21:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 35 in Discussion

The email is there in my sent folder. I can forward it you like to the same address again or to another one if you give it to me. THe specific one with subject "Want to meet" is dated as sent 11.22Am 25/08/2011

Maybe you have not got it but I definately sent it and have not had a bounce message of any kind.

proger1

Message Posted:
26/08/2011 21:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 35 in Discussion

I tell you waht erolz, if you can find this mystery mail, send it through and I will do as I said tomorrow but for now I need to put my son to bed and get ready for a busy weekend.

I have had enough of this for now.

A final piece of advice for you to hopefully utilise in the future to avioid idiots like me erolz, when you want to advise other people, try to do it without insulting people who are just doing the same thing, some people do bite no matter how childish it seems and if you are going to attack someone who is doing something to keep thier family in house and home but not yet illegal, don't proceed to advise people how to carry out illegal activities, for thiose that don't follow, a VPN is designed to give you a secure connection, to use it to falsify your location in order to break copyright laws is blatantly illegal.

erolz

Message Posted:
26/08/2011 21:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 35 in Discussion

I do not know why I am doing this and sure this jpeg image may be fake, but it is not. Anyway here is a screeshot showing the sent email from my window live mail system.

The mail was sent. I will resend it to same address if you like, but if it dodnt not arrvie once then a new address would be better, but it is just plain fact that I sent it.

http://www.visionmatters.co.uk/cyprus/email.jpg

I too have more important things to do now and will be back later. If you want it resent to same email say so. if you want it sent to a new one say so.

proger1

Message Posted:
26/08/2011 21:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 35 in Discussion

This is the third draft of the message and I have tried to be diplomatic and just can't get the words right so I will use my own. Tell the truth, that is all I ask.

erolz

Message Posted:
26/08/2011 21:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 35 in Discussion

I do nto know why you seem to think I am not teklling the truth. I did send you an email asking you if you wanted to meet in person. It was sent to your account proger1@hotmail.com on 11.22Am 25/08/2011.

That is the truth.

What are you on about ???

proger1

Message Posted:
26/08/2011 22:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 35 in Discussion

Well we seem to be at an impass, you have evidence that you sent not 1 but 2 mails on 2 different days and I can show evidence that I have not recieved any . I will do as I said and apologise, based on the screen capture you have sent, you did indeed send me 2 mails that I never recieved.

Please do send the mails again as I would be delighted to recieve them, if they arrive.

erolz

Message Posted:
26/08/2011 22:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 35 in Discussion

proger1 there may be a specific problem from sending from my account to your hotmail account. If you could give me an alternative that may solve this problem. I know you said that the website link in your profile has alternatives but I do not know which of the 'contact' addresses there are yours (and preferably only yours). if you let me know which to use then I'll forward them to there. Please just give me some clue as to which address to use as an alternative to your hotmail on in yout profile here.

MUSIN M

Message Posted:
26/08/2011 22:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 35 in Discussion

ok guys

forget the ring ,lets just group hug then .

musin

long live the kktc

erolz

Message Posted:
26/08/2011 22:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 35 in Discussion

I have forwarded the emails to the 'admin' address on the site in your profile proger1. I have also tried to add the skype name there to my contact list.

proger1

Message Posted:
26/08/2011 22:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 35 in Discussion

I should point out that as stated, I was on the third draft of that so I had not sent it when you sent the jpg file, I have apologised for calling you a liar based on the said jpg, as I said I would. I am still not convinced, nobody else has had any problems getting mail to me and even the junk mail folder shows nothing, I do not have any mail blocks set up from cream.org and I always getting warning posts about unknown senders, it must be one of those astounding internet glitches that occur whenever someone is hiding something.

erolz

Message Posted:
26/08/2011 22:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 35 in Discussion

If you search google, which some seem to think is a bad thing, it is not unkown for messags to hotmail to not arrive and yet no bounce message to be sent either to the sender. It was alos reported on here I think a while back by a user if my memory serves.

erolz

Message Posted:
26/08/2011 22:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 35 in Discussion

I would also note that when you say you did not get the mails, I take that as true and have not called you a liar or demanded proof from you.

batgirl

Message Posted:
26/08/2011 22:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 35 in Discussion

Done

admin please close this NOW

thanks all for help

proger1

Message Posted:
26/08/2011 22:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 35 in Discussion

Sorry about that erolz, I was a little busy but if you wish to see some redacted screen captures of my Inbox, deleted and junk mail folders you can find them here

http://www.biznizguide.com/erolz/images/

Sorry batgirl, I have been out of order with you thread, unfortunately I have tried to start 2 threads in the past to have this out with erolz as I am not a fan of his techniques but the mods have closed both my threads hoping to avoid this. Again I am sorry to you but I felt it was necessary.

lovingcyprus

Message Posted:
26/08/2011 22:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 35 in Discussion

Proger1 you obviously have a problem with erolz why don't you give up and get back to your forum. You really are acting the clown

erolz

Message Posted:
26/08/2011 22:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 35 in Discussion

As I have already said I have no need to see any proof. In any sane world I would have said I sent you an enail, you would have said I didnt get it and the issue would be over. Instead what happened was I said I sent you an eamil and you started on about half truths and honesty !

So have you NOW got the emails ?

I have been trying to sort this off board for days now. As it turns out that has failed because of this email glitch so I ma willing to try once more, but it does take two to tango.

erolz

Message Posted:
27/08/2011 12:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 35 in Discussion

So proger1 did you get the emails yet that I forwarded to the admin@biznizguide.com ?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.