North Cyprus Tourist Board - Is there a children's home In kyrenia?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Is there a children's home In kyrenia?

Is there a children's home In kyrenia?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Kyrenia North Cyprus

» Kyrenia Cyprus Photo Gallery

» Kyrenia Sights

nemo1985

Message Posted:
26/08/2011 16:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 12 in Discussion

If so where in kyrenia is it? Directions please

ozankoys

Message Posted:
26/08/2011 17:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 12 in Discussion

You go along the ring road from the Lefkosa roundabout towards Lapta. At the last roundabout where you would turn right if you wanted to go to HSBC bank you turn left and then immediately right into it, I believe it is part of SOS home but am not entirely sure.

Earlybird

Message Posted:
26/08/2011 17:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 12 in Discussion

The SOS branch in Girne is the teenage section I believe.

Woodspeckie

Message Posted:
26/08/2011 21:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 12 in Discussion

Try getting in touch with mikelapta he may be able to tell you more, Lilli or Teresa may help you too as when I have been on holiday at Christmas they have been collecting toys for SOS children and I have left them at a place for them to collect.

Marion

Message Posted:
26/08/2011 22:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 12 in Discussion

What exactly are you looking for and why. yes, the SOS Children's Home in Kyrenia is for the older teenagers up to their 20's. They remain under the care of SOS until their mid twenties.

If you want to find younger children, then they are in lefkosia, opposite the BRT studios, and you could talk to the staff there - barbaros the director speak sEnglish. Again, though, I ask my first question and then you can be better pointed in the right direction.

nemo1985

Message Posted:
26/08/2011 22:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 12 in Discussion

I wanted to donate some clothes. Thank u

natalie

Message Posted:
26/08/2011 22:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 12 in Discussion

Maybe better to donate your time Nemo

nemo1985

Message Posted:
26/08/2011 22:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 12 in Discussion

Yes well when I go to donate clothes that was going to be something I will discuss with the staff there.

Teresa

Message Posted:
26/08/2011 23:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 12 in Discussion

The SOS village in Lefkosa only like new clothes not sure about the youth centre in Girne as i only ever worked with the Village. I used to work very close with Nuket who was the Project manager and dealt with the families in the community and they were only too happy to accept 2nd hand clothes.

Since Nuket left i have had no contact from the SOS to say who if anyone has taken over her role, therfore i will not be doing the secret santa this year. The only losers are the children but the village policies are such that i feel i can no longer work with them.

If you have 2nd hand clothes then i suggest donating them to families in the village where you are, if you dont feel able to go to the families direct then just leave the stuff on the gate or wall of the house and they will find them. At least that way you will know that whatever you have donated will be put to good use and not just thrown into a big cupboard to rot.

Marion

Message Posted:
26/08/2011 23:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 12 in Discussion

the only other comment I wouldf make is the suggestion of natlie's about giving time. I am not sure that SOS needs anyone to give 'time'. They are well organised, but the one thing they are asking for is sponsorship, of children/families etc.

Also if you have clothes to give away for charity - if they are not new, why not donate to one oof the many stalls that sell them for various charities.

Or, if you really feel you want to help SOS, then get in touch with Barbaros Canitez in Nicosia to see what, if anything you can do. And also read Teresa's posting above frm which you may well see that there islittle onne can do other than give money to keep the project going, OR find out the really hard up families that are part of their project outside the village - they like cclothes etc.

madturk

Message Posted:
27/08/2011 02:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 12 in Discussion

Why not do what we did , we had some old football kits my boys grew out

Of and other sportsclothes , we had footballs

We saved the McDonald toys , bought some toy

Cars .

Then we drove to a very poor part of lefkoisa near the old Market

And gave away our stuff to the kids.

Just to see their faces is worth it they were shouting for joy with there arsenal and spurs

Kits and there toys

Even my 14 year old son felt humbled by what he had done.

Every time we come to Cyprus, we now bring gifts

scoobydoo

Message Posted:
27/08/2011 08:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 12 in Discussion

If all else fails, we can take them for our charity stall for Help Those With Cancer Association/Tulips this association is for the benefit of children and adults.

If you don't want us to sell them, I can arrange for them to go direct to the office to be distributed to any village children on your behalf who are in need of clothes (unfortunately there are plenty of them).

If you wish for us to arrange this, then please emial your contact detials to:

tulipscarole@yahoo.com

or call 0533 873 1693

Thanks

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.