North Cyprus Tourist Board - Turkish visa question !!
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Turkish visa question !!

Turkish visa question !!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

sofasogood

Message Posted:
26/08/2011 20:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Hi

I am flying into Istanbul to get on a connecting flight to Vietnam. My question is even though im only in the airport do i still need to pay the 10 stg visa entry .

Thanks for any information

flightholiday

Message Posted:
26/08/2011 20:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Assuming Ataturk Airport - As long as you stay in transit you should not need a visa.

sofasogood

Message Posted:
26/08/2011 20:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

yes it is Ataturk Airport and we wont be leaving the airport.

Thankyou

proger1

Message Posted:
26/08/2011 20:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Not leaving the airport but leaving transit. Essentially is your connecting flight the same flight as you arrive on or do you have to collect your baggage and then check it in with a different airline.

If the airline you get on when you depart your origin says your bags will go straight to Vietnam then unless you choose to leave the duty free area you do not need a visa. If however you have to collect your baggage and check it in on another airline, you will need to go through passport control to the baggage sollection then through declaration and upstairs to your next carrier where you will check in again and then back to duty free area.

As mentioned, this is Ataturk.

If you do go through Ataturk and need a visa go to the cashier first with the correct amount, signs display the required amount, buy the satmp you need and stick it in a blank page of your passport before going to the passport control or they will just send you back again

sofasogood

Message Posted:
26/08/2011 21:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Thankyou proger1 i fly to Istanbul with Atlas Jet then with Turkish Airlines so i think i will have to collect my luggage but will check if i can send it straight through.

rejela

Message Posted:
26/08/2011 21:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Make sure you take the £10 note as I paid Turkish lira earlier in the year and they charged me at a higher rate, think they want the Sterling!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.