North Cyprus Tourist Board - satalite boxes in north cyprus
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > satalite boxes in north cyprus

satalite boxes in north cyprus

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

stelee77

Message Posted:
30/08/2011 22:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 21 in Discussion

Will the satalite systems you can buy in north cyprus work in the south and the same for televisions.

stelee77

Message Posted:
30/08/2011 22:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 21 in Discussion

Im not being a spoon yes or no please then thread can close

stelee77

Message Posted:
30/08/2011 23:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 21 in Discussion

close thread please

proger1

Message Posted:
30/08/2011 23:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 21 in Discussion

ste, if the box works with a satellite dish that points at the correct satellite, it works anywhere it can recieve the signal, certain signals will require a larger dish to work with weaker signals. There is a great deal of information available but at the end of the day you hadve to wade through a lot of criticism of the local suppliers due to the medium of harassing members being able to post falsities with no recompense.

For example, the box I have on at the moment was bought in Dubai, the dish, LNB and cables were bought in TRNC, the TV was bought in the UK but all together I can watch any free to air programme on the Nilesat satellite, If I get the dish repositoned to a different satellite anf then retuned the decoder box to that satellite, I would also get the free to air channels. The problems arrise with the coded non free to air signals that need a card or a chip or a combination of both.

Hope that helps

stelee77

Message Posted:
30/08/2011 23:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 21 in Discussion

Nice one paul helpfull as ever

just e mailed washerman

I'm already 100% sure i want his system, i have a villa lined up in catalkoy with a shitty little tv and satalite system, just dont want to fork out loads and then if i'm unhappy in the north ill go to paphos with my new kit and it does not work.

but that all sounds okay then because ill need this kit either side,hopefully north

I have one other thing on my mind ill post it and hopefully you can do your best to answer this one to

proger1

Message Posted:
30/08/2011 23:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 21 in Discussion

Fire away Ste, I will always try to help, I can't say my methods are always supported by some but the intent is always to help.

proger1

Message Posted:
30/08/2011 23:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 21 in Discussion

Just reread your post about the shitty equipment, if you are going for a good satellite system and need to source a good TV, let me know, I got a great offer the other day but I am all ready fully roomed up with TV's

stelee77

Message Posted:
30/08/2011 23:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 21 in Discussion

Alright paul

Your be the first person i give a shout when i arrive,ill take a look

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
31/08/2011 09:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 21 in Discussion

Stelee77

I think our Paul

>>There is a great deal of information available but at the end of the day you hadve to wade through a lot of criticism of the local suppliers due to the medium of harassing members being able to post falsities with no recompense.

<<

Might mean someone like me.. Unfortunately, despite lots of patient attempts he insists on repeating nonsense..

1/ Read here first : http://grandeassiette.blog.com/2011/04/01/arab-pay-tv-services-in-europe-risky-to-subscribe-who-was-telling-the-truth/

2/ Ask yourself why Washerman went 'Trappist ' when a member suggested a VERY sensible soln. ( simply posting on here that he'd refund any proportion of a subscription paid but not receivable - due to it being terminated by the Sat TV for it being supplied by an unofficial dealer , outside it's designated right area )

There's nought wrong with OSN / Abu Dhabi TV - as long as you get what you paid for..

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
31/08/2011 09:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 21 in Discussion

(cont)

Cr*p happens ...I've got friends in CY who've lost their SKY and it is important to be able to sort that out and to make sure they don't pay for what they can't get..

proger1

Message Posted:
31/08/2011 09:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 21 in Discussion

Stelee, I would suggest that you request the mods to close this post, Mark has his own agenda which in my opinion is to do everything in his power to destroy the business he has yet again dragged into the mud for no reason other than his own attepts to prove he was right about something.

It is unfortunate but yet again he takes what he wants from a post, misquotes it and attempts uses it to be the abusive person he pretends not to be.

Mark, what is this repeated nonsense you mention and why do you need to bring Paul's company into this

stelee77

Message Posted:
31/08/2011 13:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 21 in Discussion

paul

I asked for this thread to be closed last night.

vincent1

Message Posted:
31/08/2011 18:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 21 in Discussion

Proger1.

Mark is only trying to warn people that people signing up for Waherman's system and paying a year in advance could have the plug pulled on them by OSN.

If these people want to take the risk that is entirely their decision but at least they have been warned.

Washerman

Message Posted:
31/08/2011 18:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 21 in Discussion

If, If, If,

I have posted many times that we offer a money back guarantee

If you want to see mmmmmm's track record of customer service, honesty and integrity, read on.

mmmmmm has easily suckered a lot of Brit's, including the one posting in message 4 of this thread: http://cyprus.angloinfo.com/forum/topic.asp?topic_id=7783

We've been in business in the TRNC for 7 years and we are not in the habit of letting people down, our track record says it all AND so does mmmmmm's - read the thread

magicart

Message Posted:
31/08/2011 19:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 21 in Discussion

6ms,

Looks like you've been exposed again -you are a very naughty boy.

When do you intend to pay this guy back and it makes nonsense of your claim to be honest "Mark the peoples champion" -your just having a laugh and I'm sure your followers will be jumping ship now.

Lets hope we have seent the back of you-at last!!

Washerman

Message Posted:
31/08/2011 19:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 21 in Discussion

Don't forget, mmmmmm was also supplying Sky TV to Dutchcrusader from a satellite dish located in Holland (receiving Sky in contradiction of their terms of service) and connected to a Slingbox and re-broadcasting to the TRNC - very, very naughty !

He is/was also, in the business of supplying Sky satellite receivers for use outside the 'permitted' area and is also tied in with one of our competitors, who he passed his ROC customers to, and who purchased Sky receivers from him !

He also competes with us in our VPN business.

Finally, he left a CY44 member holding the baby when he advised Proger1 to buy his ADMC package from another Country and wasn't able to do anything when the package disconnected. It ended up costing Proger1 considerably more than the price that mmmmmm had quoted and he only received 6 months service for the price of 12

Independent, credible, honest ?

ronnie1940

Message Posted:
31/08/2011 20:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 21 in Discussion

Washerman,

Weren't you the person saying that this criticism of other businesses must stop and here you are now knocking someones business

Washerman

Message Posted:
01/09/2011 00:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 21 in Discussion

ronnie1940...If someone sets themselves up as an independent expert who is 'helping' people by 'offering' 'impartial' advice in a certain field, I am more than entitled to examine their credentials.

In any event, I think that you'll find that it is one of mmmmmm's customers who has criticised him and surely, a customer is entitled to do that, are they not ?

His customer says amongst other things:

"Sorry Mystic but we have had horrendously bad experiences with Mark Smyth."

"He took money from our accounts without our knowledge"

"We had this for 6 months and have now given up and accepted we have lost our £400 and he will never finish the job"

mmmmmm sets himself up as an honest, reliable, independent source of information with no business interests in this field and has accused me many times of not being honest with our customers.

It's obvious that he does have business interests in this field and that, as far as this customer of his is concerned, he has been dishonest !

cont./

Washerman

Message Posted:
01/09/2011 01:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 21 in Discussion

cont./

There are many forum members who, like the customer who composed the thread about the way that mmmmmm has treated them, have been taken in by mmmmmm's underhanded war of propaganda against our legal and legitimate Northern Cyprus business and they will feel as though they have been duped by him.

So, in the words that mmmmmm has used so often on this forum, I am only trying to help the forum members by making sure that they know the 'full' story as he, quite obviously, has not been telling everyone the 'full' story and has been misleading people !

magicart

Message Posted:
01/09/2011 07:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 21 in Discussion

Hi Ronnie,

This is a easy one to answer.

6ms has always claimed that he doesnt have any business interests in the TRNC so even Paul cannot be accused of attacking something which doesn't exsist.

Thanks

Harold2555

Message Posted:
01/09/2011 13:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 21 in Discussion

This thread is now closed. Reason: Not specified.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.