North Cyprus Tourist Board - Veni Vici Restaurant Lapta
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Veni Vici Restaurant Lapta

Veni Vici Restaurant Lapta

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Restaurant threads posted so far

» Read about Lapta town

» Kyrenia Restaurants

» Famagusta Restaurants

LittleQueenie

Message Posted:
01/09/2011 23:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

Had dinner at Veni Vici, I think someone should nominate them to go on Gordon Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares.

Dared to ask for some bread which was met with 'did you order any?!' in an accusatory tone.. Well isn't me asking for some bread 'ordering'?

£8 for a bowl of Rice under the name 'Risotto' on the menu- one of us dared mention that it was Rice and not Risotto which resulted in the angry chef storming out and demanding 'have you got a problem?!'

We were then told that it is too difficult to buy Risotto rice here so they usual normal rice and if they did start to use Carnaroli rice it would mean putting the prices up (how you could put a bowl of rice up any more I'm not sure)

Don't have Risotto on the menu if you aren't going to serve it to a paying customer & then don't have an attitude and be rude if the paying customer points out that the dish they have been served isn't what they ordered!

Won't be back!

Brinsley

Message Posted:
01/09/2011 23:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

Guido on a good night?!!!! JOKE!

Richard

EamonnMc

Message Posted:
02/09/2011 01:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

Sounds like this restaurant doesn't deserve anyone's custom !!

Minter

Message Posted:
02/09/2011 07:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

LittleQueenie

I am so surprised and sorry to hear you had a bad experience at Veni Vici.

I can only speak as I find, I have been going there for a few years now

and have never experienced anything like that.

I have always found Richard and Nadine to be very polite and also the staff always seem very attentive.

No excuse I know, but maybe they had an off day.

philnles

Message Posted:
02/09/2011 07:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

Must have had an off night. Been going there for the last 4 years and IT has always been very good. The last couple of times we have popped in for a meal and have not been able to get in as its been full.

Message 3, have you tried ?

ballymurphy

Message Posted:
02/09/2011 08:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

Hi was Nadine in attendance on the night you went ? when she isn't there the food and especially the service is second rate. I have experienced this three times when she hasn't been there.

BM

westender

Message Posted:
02/09/2011 16:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

Re message 6, have also experienced that when Nadine not there things don't seem to run so smoothly & frankly the staff seemd to want us out of there asap.

LittleQueenie

Message Posted:
02/09/2011 20:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

Message 4 & 5

We have also never had any problems before but we have never complained before either, so perhaps they are not very good at dealing with issues such as customer complaints

I think as a chef you should be able to take criticism and find a solution with the customer, there were two of us with the same dish, neither of us ate it- as a chef I would want to make sure the same thing didn't happen again rather than barking at them that they are wrong.

Nadine was there but we only saw her once where as normally she tends to float about keeping an eye on things perhaps this is why it was not a pleasant experience

emeraldkeis

Message Posted:
03/09/2011 21:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

drama queenie rides again

hattikins

Message Posted:
04/09/2011 14:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

In fairness to Veni Vici I know that Nadine has not been well for a while now, she does her best but sometimes it's hard work for her.

I do know that if customers are not happy with the meal or the service she would much rather she was told to her face so that she can do something about it, and I would be very surprised if Richard was rude to anyone.

Incidentally, the issue with the bread, when I have been there one of the listed starters is a basket of mixed breads ( huge), I don't think bread is served as an aside.

sinya2

Message Posted:
06/09/2011 12:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

My friend and I ate there mid August - the food was lovely and the staff were very polite and attentive. It was the first time I've eaten there and I will definitely go back again.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.