North Cyprus Tourist Board - Information regarding visa for visiting U.S. Please help!!
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Information regarding visa for visiting U.S. Please help!!

Information regarding visa for visiting U.S. Please help!!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

CarlyRose

Message Posted:
03/09/2011 00:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 3 in Discussion

Hello everyone, I was wondering whether anyone could help me with the following matter.

My partner is originally from North Cyprus but now lives in England,he born in Limassol in 1973 and shortly after moved to the North for obvious reasons.In 2003 he received a Cypriot ( south) passport.

In 7 weeks time we wish to travel to the United States on his Cypriot passport. We therefore have an interview regarding obtaining a visa at the US embassy on Thursday.

However,whilst looking at the forms that we must fill in, I read the following;"visas for Nationals of North Cyprus may take 60 days or longer". Now I'm in a panic as this would mean he may not receive his visa in time (and miss my sisters wedding!).

Would he still be classed as a National of North Cyprus, even though he has a Cypriot passport which we are planning to use?Or does this just refer to those travelling using a TRNC passport?

I'm totally confused!Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Carly

Ailletoo

Message Posted:
03/09/2011 10:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 3 in Discussion

NOt an Expert but I would imagine that on his cypriot passport he should have no problems.

dublinderm

Message Posted:
03/09/2011 15:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 3 in Discussion

Hi,

Does your partner have access to a UK passport?

If he does he can use the visa waiver programme by simply comleting the ESTA form online. Very simple and straight forward. It only costs $15.

He may prefer to be 'Cypriot' but sometimes expedience takes priority.

DD

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.