North Cyprus Tourist Board - Lapta
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Lapta

Lapta

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Lapta town

Winter

Message Posted:
14/10/2007 22:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 13 in Discussion

Hi

Does anyone own a property in Lapta as just wondered what it was like there?

Regards

B&BLondon

Message Posted:
15/10/2007 00:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 13 in Discussion

Not an expert, but from our viists i would say Lapta is an area rather than a town. It does appaer to be one of the more developed areas in recent years. Some places have good views as the land is elevated back towards the mountains. Easy access to plenty of shops, bars and restaurants. The main road from Girne (Kyrenia) gets very busy, but planned bypass should change that. Maybe check bypass site too, could there be plans to extend it into Lapta??

stevie-d

Message Posted:
15/10/2007 12:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 13 in Discussion

I bought a house in Karisiyaka just past Lapta had a good look round various areas and thought this is for me,I use Lapta a lot goinig out for meals etc. plenty of restuarnts, bars, & shops. It all depends in what you are looking for.Iwould recommend the area highly.

stevie-d

michelleSteve

Message Posted:
18/10/2007 16:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 13 in Discussion

Hi, we have bought a villa in Lapta & move mid November. We looked all over & settled on the beach side of Lapta (we were told that the mountain side got cold & damp in the winter) plus, when we were there up on the mountain side, the sun was behind the mountains fairly early yet when we drove back down to the sea side, there it was again! Stevie-d is right about there being plenty of facilities, also the main road is not busy here, it only gets busy as you start to enter Kyrenia. Also, there is a nice community feel to the place!

Hope this helps!

Michelle.

Winter

Message Posted:
20/10/2007 14:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 13 in Discussion

Thanks everyone for your replies. We've just bought an apartment in Lapta and liked the place very much as the west side of Girne seems to be better than the east (not saying there's anything wrong with the east).

ilovecyprus

Message Posted:
22/10/2007 13:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 13 in Discussion

Hi Winter

I have bought an apartment in Lapta. I love the place. Just got back from there yesterday.

Agree with michellesteve with their comments about the sun. This is a really good point that they have made. The closer you are to the beach the more sun you are going to get.

Also B&B has made a good point about the bypass. I was sitiing there yesterday, just enjoying the peace and tranquility, however it did occur to me that extending the bypass might create some problems. In any case the new stretch will make it easier getting in to Girne and beyond to the east. (I was also thinking that those people who have bought to the East of Girne also enjoy some wonderful mountain scenery, perhaps better than the West)

Talking of noise, I find the Islamic prayers quite mystical and spiritual but I didn't expect them to be aired in stereo at 5.30 a.m. This might get some getting used to.

I walked through the village yesterday, it was so atmospheric, with so many beautiful colours, scents, sounds and smells. Got a great kebab in the centre of Lapta. Had to be one of the best I have ever tasted, served with an awesome crispy fresh salad all for 10 ytl.

I was also amazed at the amount of water cascading down from the mountains even though we haven't enjoyed much rain. Apparently, they still have the original Roman aquaducts there.

I also think another good point about Lapta is that one can get to the Guzelyert area fairly easily, as this province is going to enjoy a fair bit of development (as I am led to believe)

ilovecyprus

Message Posted:
22/10/2007 14:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 13 in Discussion

Forgot to mention that we went in to the cake shop next to the kebab place. We were really bolled over when the owner smiled at us and gave us several cakes for nothing. How friendly is that - fantastic

Susie

Message Posted:
22/10/2007 16:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 13 in Discussion

ilovecyprus - i remember when parts of Spain was like this (i'm quite old...). Let's enjoy it while we can and hope it never changes..!

ilovecyprus

Message Posted:
22/10/2007 18:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 13 in Discussion

you are right susie. Like you I really really hope it doesn't change

HAPPY FEET

Message Posted:
06/08/2009 15:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 13 in Discussion

Hi Mark,

Good to hear you got back to blighty ok, Tracy and I will catch up with you at the end of August.

maggie

Message Posted:
06/08/2009 15:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 13 in Discussion

I have a villa in Lapta on the sea side by the Sempati Hotel, it is a great area to buy. You will not regret buying there.

mickyron

Message Posted:
06/08/2009 15:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 13 in Discussion

Hi Winter

What part of Lapta have you bought your apartment?. We have one see side and it's the most peacful place you can imagine, hardly any noise at all. Just the sound of birds and sicadas (I think thats how you spell it).

Plenty of good places to eat and quite a few good little shops so you do'nt have to keep driving to the supermarkets if you run out of anything.

joandjelly

Message Posted:
06/08/2009 17:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 13 in Discussion

The original post is dated October 2007

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.