North Cyprus Tourist Board - midsummer house...terrible food..we left hungry & ripped off! v.poor!!
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > midsummer house...terrible food..we left hungry & ripped off! v.poor!!

midsummer house...terrible food..we left hungry & ripped off! v.poor!!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Restaurant threads posted so far

bigjuss

Message Posted:
04/09/2011 20:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 24 in Discussion

"traditional sunday lunch 29tl" what a load of crap!

starter...a boiled egg cut in half with 3 prawns....tasteless yuk!

3x tiny razor thin slices of pork,4x tiny roast potatoes,spoon of shredded boiled cabbage,1x tiny sad yorkshire pud & a couple of spoons of plain boiled carrott/courgette mix,dribbled in watery tasteless gravy....urgh!

i had the beef,not enough to make a sarnie!..it was like chewin boot leather.

asked if the meal was ok..i said no, & there wasnt enough. the waitress said "ah well ,special price,special portions"WTF?

29tl is expensive in comparison to alot of other restaurants sunday lunches!

she returned with 2 more sad flat yorkies and 5 tiny hard roast potatoes...pathetic!

at this point i asked for the bill,NO APOLOGY,NO PART REFUND!.,couldnt be bothered to argue or get stressed about it..left hungry & went for a kebab.

WE WILL NOT BE RETURNING!

yet another beautiful but empty restaurant serving sub standard tasteless slop.

sort it out !! or close!!

ranger5

Message Posted:
04/09/2011 21:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 24 in Discussion

Went there for Christmas dinner 2010. Disaster, not been back since

Carndi

Message Posted:
04/09/2011 22:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 24 in Discussion

We were there for Christmas and like ranger5 found it a disaster. One brussel sprout, a little piece of carrot and what can only be describes as a tea spoon of potatoes.

We have not been back.

ozziemyboy

Message Posted:
04/09/2011 22:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 24 in Discussion

Thanks for the posts, we was thinking of going there but will have second thoughts now!!!

lucienne

Message Posted:
04/09/2011 23:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 24 in Discussion

We have always had excellent food and service there on a normal night, ie a la carte food. I have to say though, I've often felt ripped off by the drinks, always brand names on the bill, never local, maybe our fault for not asking for local.

Panchocat

Message Posted:
04/09/2011 23:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 24 in Discussion

ozziemyboy, go for yourself and make up your own mind.

Did bigjus, the shed builderl expect trencherman's food I wonder?

We have never had a bad meal at Midsummer. Sunday lunch has always been lovely, the lunch time weekly special is great and we love the Saturday evening dinner and dance with easy G.

Did you ask to see Erdin or Orhan, Bigjus, when you were unhappy?

I find it hard to believe that a waitress at MH would make that comment, if she did then I would certainly have asked to see the manager, if Erdin (The owner) had known you were unhappy I am sure he would have done his utmost for you.

As to the restaurant being empty, well I know a lot of people, myself included, could not face a Sunday lunch in the heat of the day. What time did you go?

ozankoymum

Message Posted:
05/09/2011 00:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 24 in Discussion

What a shame, we have never had a bad meal there.. portion sizes are not huge but always been enough to fill you without making you feel stuffed and bloated.

We havent tried the sunday lunch there.. Patina do a good sunday lunch.

I would still advise people to go to Midsummer house and try for themselves,, I have always had excellent food and service has always been over and above anywhere else.

richb

Message Posted:
05/09/2011 09:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 24 in Discussion

Justin, I think you should declare your interest in another restaurant - don't you!

martinD41

Message Posted:
05/09/2011 10:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 24 in Discussion

Msg1..what kind of Sunday Lunch did you expect for Ten Quid? you can pay more than that for a starter in a proper venue ... ..

blade

Message Posted:
05/09/2011 10:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 24 in Discussion

Well if you weren't always looking for cheap ,then maybe if you had purchased from the menu you would have been happier?

Only a week or so ago you were lecturing me on the cheap cost of living in the TRNC,lol. Lets face it you only get what you pay for.

I know the owner of this restaurant, maybe you should have asked for him and taken the issues up directly.

erdin

Message Posted:
05/09/2011 12:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 24 in Discussion

I normally try to avoid responding to comments made on C44 but this is one of those occasions that I must.

Bigjuss or ( Justin) i believe is maliciously trying to damage our restaurant with his unjust comments.

I wouldn't be surprised if as Richb msg 8 says he has interest in another restaurant.

Yesterday we had in excess of 60 customers both for our sunday lunch and evening a la carte menu,so I don't know where he gets the idea we were empty and serve substandart food and we should close.On the contrary we are doing so well that we are looking for more staff.

Out of all our diners yesterday he found the food not enough.They only had 2 course for 24 tl ( £ 8.50 approx.) The food couldn't have been that bad as both plates were demolished totally in no time. As I cooked their food I know they were of sufficient amount for most people .Of all the diners we had yesterday everyone with the exception of Bigjuss showed their appreciation both verbally and gratuitly.

They were served by A

erdin

Message Posted:
05/09/2011 12:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 24 in Discussion

Angela ( my wife ) so I know they also had good service.The comment of "special price special portions" obviously was made in jest as You got more potatoes and yorkshires.

If freshly roasted crispy potatoes is interpreted as hard potatoes then we have no chance of pleasing this customer.The saying "you cant please everyone" comes to mind.

My advice to sceptics is dont believe everything you read on this form as there are some people out there that want to damage businesses that are doing well.Try for yourself and you judge a place with your own standarts.

We are the only restaurant in North Cyprus that has got 100% recommendation on Trip Advisor.Dont take my word for it check it out.

I am serious about looking for more staff so if there is anyone out there who is looking for work ,either in the kitchen or bar/waiter please get in touch with me on 0533 8439393

EsentepeKav

Message Posted:
05/09/2011 13:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 24 in Discussion

I have used this restaurant on many many occasions and have NEVER had a bad experience - perhaps I am lucky . I took some friends there in July who were visiting from the UK - HIGHLIGHT of their holidy they said - their words not mine. We are back in Cyprus again Sept 14th - and we have other friends coming over to visit and we WILL take them to MSH as (IMO) there is NOTHING in the Kyrenia that can come anywhere close to it in terms of ambience, service and quality of food. Erdin & Angela - keep up the good work and see you in a couple of weeks

Ballyboffin

Message Posted:
05/09/2011 14:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 24 in Discussion

I totally agree with message 13. We have never had a bad meal there and the service has always been superb. The setting is beautiful as well.

smokey

Message Posted:
05/09/2011 14:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 24 in Discussion

richb regarding message 8 are you happy to put peoples names and bussines in your argument

if someone had a bad meal then they had a bad meal and for your info justin has no other interests in any restaurant here OK

smokey

Message Posted:
05/09/2011 14:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 24 in Discussion

i went to midsummer house and had a great meal just maybe they should leave sunday lunch to the likes of rafters 17 tl nosh or your mother

bigjuss

Message Posted:
05/09/2011 15:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 24 in Discussion

i am not "maliciously trying to damage your restaurant",but serve me a poor meal with stingy portions and when i complain,make the comment " "special price ,special portions" which you say was "obviously was made in jest",well let me tell you,as a paying customer,i didnt think it was funny.

your wife knew we were unhappy and obviously told you,so instead of coming out the kitchen to sort the matter,take my money with no apology and allow me to leave your restaurant unhappy,thats why i felt compelled to tell other people of my unsatifactory experience.thats what this forum is for.

likewise,serve me a good meal,and i'll sing your praises.

the fact is the meal was very poor,and i felt ripped off.

"both plates were demolished totally in no time" as it was a childs portion spread out to try and cover the plate.it was edible and we were hungry,so it was gone in a minute.

check out your competition,go to rafters,like we should have,3 course 18tl,try it,then tell me im wrong!

fiendishpaul

Message Posted:
05/09/2011 18:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 24 in Discussion

I have eaten at MSH on numerous occasions and consider it one of, if not the best restaurant in Kyrenia.

Food and service has always been superb and it is always a privelage to sit in such fantastic surroundings

It is worth remembering that when you visit any restaurant you are not only paying for the food but for the ambience as well. I have no doubt that you can get cheaper than MSH BUT I have yet to find anywhere that provides food and service of such a consistently high standard.

More is not necessarily better !!!

Keep up the good work Erdin

Regards

Paul

erdin

Message Posted:
05/09/2011 19:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 24 in Discussion

Bigjuss,at no point did you complain that anything was wrong with any of the food apart from that your main course was a bit small so I sent more food out to you .If I was under the impression somehow that you were unhappy, although we were busy in the kitchen preparing for the evening service I would have made time to come out to talk to you.So how could you expect discount or apology when you didn`t make your dissatisfaction clear. Not that anything was sub standard according to me who served your food and 60 other customers who enjoyed the very same food and portion.

If my wife`s jest in any way offended you we sincerely apologise.

Lastly we sincerely thank all our loyal customers for making this our second year a successful year.It really encourages us that what we are doing is appreciated , obviously not by everyone but by most !

On a lighter note, we have already taken some Xmas and New Year Bookings as last year`s was enjoyed by most despite only one sprout !!!!!!!!!

R

Dunkindonut

Message Posted:
06/09/2011 09:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 24 in Discussion

What a shame there were no casulties from food poisoning, TRNC could do with our own midsummer murders and wouldn't that solve a few problems!

Pamperurself

Message Posted:
06/09/2011 10:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 24 in Discussion

ive been there three times with family and friends and on all occasions left very happy with the food and service provided.

rolly

Message Posted:
07/09/2011 15:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 24 in Discussion

WELL WHO DO YOU BELIEVE? IF IN DOUBT STAY CLEAR. HOWEVER MY WIFE AND I HAD A MEAL THERE SOME WEEKS AGO NOT BAD BUT JUST PASSABLE EXSPENSIVE FOR WHAT WE HAD AND ONLY 4 PEOPLE IN ON A FRIDAY NITE.BEEN TO RAFTERS 70 PEOPLE AVERAGE EVERY SUNDAY BRILLANT YORKSHIRES AND PLENTY ON YOUR PLATE SUGGEST BIG JUSS GOES THERE.THE PRICE SSHOULD REFLECT THE MEAL PAY A LOT SHOULD BE UP TO STANDARD PAY LESS YOU GETS WHAT YOU PAY FOR. HOWEVER THERE ARE SOME CASES WHERE WE HAVE PAID LESS AND GOT TOO MUCH. I WOULD HAVE TO THINK TWICE BEFORE GOING BACK. I KNOW SOME PEOPLE HAVE BEEN ON SAT NITES AND YES IF ITS FULL WITH ENTERTAINMENT ON IT WILL HAVE A DIFFERENT ATMOSPHERE ALL TO THE GOOD BUT WITH ONLY FOUR IN ON THIS PERTICULAR FRI I FELT LET DOWN.

blade

Message Posted:
07/09/2011 16:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 24 in Discussion

If you want cheap go down to Gulens kebab or over to McDonalds, they are cheap and will feed you, but don't expect the Rocks.

clarets

Message Posted:
07/09/2011 19:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 24 in Discussion

The times that I have eaten at Midsummer house,I have found the ambience,service and the food of excellent quality.My parents have eaten there too,and they share the same view.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.