North Cyprus Tourist Board - Whyy are some closed threads left on and others removed?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Whyy are some closed threads left on and others removed?

Whyy are some closed threads left on and others removed?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See all North Cyprus Shipping threads posted so far

» Read about Shipping Freight to North Cyprus

Marion

Message Posted:
05/09/2011 23:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 24 in Discussion

I was followingwith interest the discussion on the Doga British Academy school, and I see it has disappeared. I cannot fin it anywhere. I have discovered it i closed by doing a search, but it has disappared from the listings. why is this? Was the subject too offensiv e to stay on, or is my eyesightfailin me? any answers/ideas?

Marion

Message Posted:
06/09/2011 00:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 24 in Discussion

Sorry I will rephrase that. the thread idstill there, I have found it, and it is not marked closed, however, clicking on it merely shows upa 'this thread is now closed' and one cannot read anyof the earlier content. I have not experienced this before Does i mean that the final contributions were so awful?

kittyfun

Message Posted:
06/09/2011 00:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 24 in Discussion

Haven't you got it yet Marion, it's called big brother

Marion

Message Posted:
06/09/2011 00:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 24 in Discussion

well, i never had one Kittyfun, and hadn't realised that George Orwell's prophecy had come true! But as I am now a Big Sister with no little brother, I am not sure I want a big brother, cos I am quite good at making my own decisions. Whoops, that sounds a bit sarcastic - not meant to be so, but I cannot understand why some threads which contain some pretty accusative and 'interesting' comments are left and this one has been deleted altogether. Could it be because I was looking folr comments for my article!?

PhilUK

Message Posted:
06/09/2011 02:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 24 in Discussion

Don't even go there- I got banned for a month for daring to question a mod.

I had never read the rules , but when I read them I released that all the forum rules get broken all of the time-I guess I was just unlucky, or I don't know the right people.

Hippo

Message Posted:
06/09/2011 05:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 24 in Discussion

Simple simple-they advertise on the board-nothing but nothing must jeopardise that.

kittyfun

Message Posted:
06/09/2011 08:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 24 in Discussion

No personal attacks allowed - now thats a laugh the mods allow it if you are some people but others get banned for things that the mods deem to be 'against the rules' perhaps the ladies who lunch should be banned :(

What most on here are too gullible to see (and the mods with the exception of good ole Elko fall into the same bracket) is that its a commercial enterprise and nothing but nothing will threaten it's money making potential, and when asked all the good little boys n girls will make a contri to help make it more commercially viable.

I now sense a ban but what the hell life goes on outwith 44 for some of us, the less sad ones

Groucho

Message Posted:
06/09/2011 08:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 24 in Discussion

Hippo, it's politics. However without sponsors this board would not be here so I guess we have to accept that at some level those sponsors want some accountability for their dosh. It's not healthy but what can be done? I know people believe this a a public forum but the reality is that it is owned.

Maybe the school's hierarchy felt that the thread was misleading and damaged their chances of pupil numbers increasing... maybe, maybe not. The reality is the thread is gone.

Marion

Message Posted:
06/09/2011 12:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 24 in Discussion

Yes, but I am and always will be be an inquisitive 'bird' and equally I am miffed with myself that I did not print out the stuff that was written - thinking I will do that later. and as one can see - ;'later' is no good. Ah well, that is one I lost, and I DO understand about sponsorship and money and business etc, but I thought that threads could have the nasty bits deleted. If the owner of the school hade it deleted, then were I a parent I might feel there was a reason which might make me hestitate about sending my child there. But I am not, and so it is a hypothesis never to be answered.

But I am miffed> Or should I sign myself as Miffed Maid Marion of |malatya!

Trotsky

Message Posted:
06/09/2011 12:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 24 in Discussion

Check out this NEW RULE you don't have the right to post on persons personal life on a public forum ......... Simbas

http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/72833.asp msg 8

Trotsky

Message Posted:
06/09/2011 13:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 24 in Discussion

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:9XcZoVg-V_EJ:www.cyprus44.com/forums/72474.asp+Doga+British+Academy+school+cyprus44&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

spider

Message Posted:
06/09/2011 13:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 24 in Discussion

Trotsky joined 30/8/11 you rather good I wonder why ? and I am surprised the postings and links are not removed again !

Who are we to question ? Do any member know the owner ? Give the mods a break they work hard.

Spider.X

Trotsky

Message Posted:
06/09/2011 13:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 24 in Discussion

Spider a basic google search of any combination of words will get you a result where a subject remains on the net, in this case it was Doga British Academy school cyprus44 that resulted in the above link

But any combination of words can result in finding stuff that is out there in cyber land it may be deleted or removed BUT old cyber space retains most things if you know where and how to look.

The above is relevant to the internet at large not just this forum.

what relevance my joining date has is a mystery.

spider

Message Posted:
06/09/2011 13:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 24 in Discussion

For some people what you have just said is amazing

The date you joined is just that I have only just noticed your posting and the benefits of your posting might might be to this forum.

Welcome but maybe I did give you a warm welcome when you joined sometimes the welcomes can be a bit iffy as we have all seen in the past the poster sometime vanishes....whoosh................

Spider,X

Marion

Message Posted:
06/09/2011 15:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 24 in Discussion

Wow. Trotsky, what a clever man you are. Could I come and sit at your feet? It is obvious you could teach me much. thank you!

And to Spider I would ask when you say 'opwner' do you mean of the site here or the school. If you mean Cyp44, yes I know the owner a bit and he is a lovely young man who has other businesses to run and has this forum for the benefit of us all. He doesn't make money out of it and many will know he was struggling last year. and of course the mods are all volunteers, but I can but repeat my first question . Never mind, I now have the info I wanted, with a huge thank you to Trotsky for the learning curve!

kittyfun

Message Posted:
06/09/2011 15:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 24 in Discussion

Marion how naive you are, for someone of your supposed journalistic background it astounds even me that you can believe what you just put in print, "he doesn't make money out of it" yeah right do you still believe in the tooth fairy lol

Marion

Message Posted:
06/09/2011 16:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 24 in Discussion

Yes, kittyfun, you have guessed. I am a trusting, naive, recycled teenager, who still believes what people tell her if she meets them face to face and listens to their stories - unless of course my female intuition steps in - and it didn't with Izzet.

Oh and yes, i do still believe in the tooth fairy, but don't put it to the test as I have no desire to lose any more teeth. And I ALMOST still believe in Santa Claus (in essence!) and I still try to see stars instead of mud (although often when writing it is all about 'mud'.

maggymay

Message Posted:
06/09/2011 17:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 24 in Discussion

Hi Marion,

I totally agree with you when you say meet the people face to face and listen to their stories, what about the people who don't meet you face to face?

Maggymay

tarry67

Message Posted:
06/09/2011 18:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 24 in Discussion

Did anyone get a message from the Mods about having another membership on the forum, as I did and they were cancelled even though they belonged to other members of my family that were using my laptop. So now it seems I have to buy another laptop for them to become members.

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
06/09/2011 20:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 24 in Discussion

tarry67

Were they using your login?

If not did they use your e-mail address to get a separate log in?

I guess what I am asking is those that are using your laptop have they set up separate accounts for membership?

Marion

Message Posted:
06/09/2011 20:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 24 in Discussion

Sorry Maggie May, maybe I should have said 'spoken to' because even the telephone sends vibes, but body language often says more! And sorry I haven't got around to seeing you face to face, but I will! If someone will give me 28 hours in the day, I might achieve a bit more.

Oh, and I DO make mistakes, of course I do, but being in the company of someone one hears so much more than words, doesn't one, and is a thousand per cent better than any written word.

tarry67

Message Posted:
06/09/2011 20:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 24 in Discussion

AJ

They were not using my log in details, they used their own, and also used their email addresses to get membership. I had an email saying that I was using multiple user names and they were then all cancelled. I did have another in my name as I couldn't log on a few years ago so opened a new one.

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
06/09/2011 20:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 24 in Discussion

In that case it is all down to the software that is used to identify common I.P. addresses.

Your best bet is to contact forum admin and explain in detail the identities of all that are using your computer to access Cyprus44.

AJ

spider

Message Posted:
06/09/2011 21:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 24 in Discussion

tarry67 a friend of mine had the same problem a few months ago,and when I posted on here received no help. Saying that I never had any email regards to the problem either !

Thanks for the information AJ.

Spider,X

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.