North Cyprus Tourist Board - So you think the TRNC is daft?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > So you think the TRNC is daft?

So you think the TRNC is daft?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

Visitor

Message Posted:
06/09/2011 11:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/8742631/Squatters-could-be-good-for-us-all-says-judge-in-empty-homes-ruling.html

Judge wants to encourage squatters

yrret

Message Posted:
06/09/2011 11:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

Best some squatters watch her house, wait until she goes out, and move in then.

This woman should be removed from her job imediately.

Bradus

Message Posted:
06/09/2011 13:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

I am totally against squatters being able to move in and take over someones property and the owner then has to pay expensive legal fees for the eviction.

However, I have just heard this subject debated on TV this morning and it changed my views with regards to some of the cases. For instance it highlighted a complete wreck of a house in Cornwall that had been empty for 15 years.Kids had vandalised the house and the neighbours were upset by this blot on the landscape.

To everyone's amazement a young man moved in and began to repair the property. Within a few short months the gardens were tidy, the house had window boxes and the visual improvement was amazing. A few years later when the council eviction notice arrived and the squatter was asked to vacate the property, the whole village came out in support of the squatter. A very rare case I would think but I would rather live next door to a well kept property than a derelict property.

yorgozlu

Message Posted:
06/09/2011 14:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

has it got anything to do with basic human rights?

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
06/09/2011 21:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Visitor/msg 1:

Has this got anything to do with TRNC?

No - I didn't think so; so, why clutter up CY44 with UK occurrences that have no relevance here?

BTW - Thanks for calling me 'vile' - I'll take that as a compliment, as such a personal insult, which, in case you are unaware, is against most *forums' rules, simply shows you up!

If you don't like someone's opinion, by all means disagree, but don't resort to *insults.

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
07/09/2011 01:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

I have been sickened by the amount of destructive sniping against the TRNC that goes on on this forum.

True things dont always go right here - if you expected it to be easy you didnt do your research - but life isnt fair anywhere and home ownership is a minefield everywhere (I have actually had more problems in the UK than I have here).

It seems to me Visitor's post is very relevant, some of us need to be reminded that the UK authorities are capable of some very irrational decisions, and why we left in the first place!

What I dont understand are the last two paras of message 5. I see no reference to "vile" here - does it relate to another thread in which case isnt it off topic?

Groucho

Message Posted:
07/09/2011 06:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

Ironic that the name of the petitioner for the list's publication should bear the name 'Yiannis Voyias'. Sounds like this one Greek is quite happy for empty properties to be occupied...

blade

Message Posted:
07/09/2011 16:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

Sorry, but i think if you own a property that nobody has the right to move in it rent free and use it without your permission. Or sell it from under you for that matter.

Only the legal owner has rights on their property.

Those without homes in the UK need to either rent or contact their local council and join the housing list like normal people. I have no sympathy for freeloaders in any shape or form.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.