North Cyprus Tourist Board - Chiled food that is passed the sell by date
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Chiled food that is passed the sell by date

Chiled food that is passed the sell by date

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Restaurant threads posted so far

Pipie

Message Posted:
10/09/2011 08:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Seen a few items of food past the sell by date in different supermarkets. I hope all shoppers inform staff when they come accross out of date goods as obviously routine staff checks are not beeing carried out.

Pipie

Message Posted:
10/09/2011 08:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

Ooops sorry re spelling.

Earlybird

Message Posted:
10/09/2011 08:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

Good post Pipie, I have told staff before when I have found them. It's bad enough that a lot of the chiller cabinets are not even up to a correct temperature without having any past the 'sell by' sitting there. In this warm weather all of us should be checking the dates.

Pipie

Message Posted:
10/09/2011 08:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

Cheers Earlybird. An effort by us all on this forum to ensure supermarket staff awareness is raised to carry out regular daily food dates is imperative. It could save a few folk from painfull food poisoning.

Tango1

Message Posted:
10/09/2011 10:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Unfortunately most and probably all the supermarkets and small shops have an awful lot to learn about rotating older stock to the front. I've watched people loading chiller cabinets and freezers and the new stuff gets put to the front and the older stuff pushed further and further back. In one shop last year I showed the Manager a pack if fish which was 3 months past its sell by date and the answer I got was "It doesn't matter because its frozen" I then pulled out 6 more packs with similar or older dates and his reaction was the same. He then put them back in the chiller because "they will start to defrost if we hold them" There is one supermarket in Karaoglanoglu where I've seen newer dates are stuck over the original date on ready made up sandwiches. However I understand this is a practise which is quite common in the UK!! Illegal I realise, but it still happens!

Pipie

Message Posted:
10/09/2011 10:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

Crikey that is frightening Tango 1 let us hope strict and tighter regulations are implemeneted ASAP.

martinD41

Message Posted:
10/09/2011 12:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

Erdeners chest Freezer yesterday read + 15 degrees...

I pointed it out ,only to be told "No problem"... I give up .:(

denizen

Message Posted:
10/09/2011 13:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

MSG 5: Unfortunately most and probably all the supermarkets and small shops have an awful lot to learn about rotating older stock to the front.

Not only in TRNC

I was shopping in Tesco, UK, this morning. First pack of bacon dated 24-9-11, second and third, which I put on shelf, dated 1-9-11, fourth dated 19-9-11.

Mentioned it to the checkout girl , who alerted a supervisor, saying, "got some new staff on nights"

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.