North Cyprus Tourist Board - Xmas day at Kar
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Xmas day at Kar

Xmas day at Kar

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

mitsi

Message Posted:
16/11/2008 20:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 27 in Discussion

Be nice if we all turned up at 8am to help feed the animals then take them all out for a walk. That way the staff could have a break and a cuppa, the animals would have a ball and we could get off to our celebrations with a clear conscience. Who will volunteer?

The-Wicks

Message Posted:
16/11/2008 20:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 27 in Discussion

Mitsi - we support KAR and would definitely be there if we could. However, we'll be in good old blighty. Good luck and hope you get lots of volunteers.

Kind regards

mitsi

Message Posted:
17/11/2008 21:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 27 in Discussion

The wicks. Have a great trip and xmas.

lesleyd

Message Posted:
17/11/2008 22:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 27 in Discussion

LOL...See you have had lots of response mitsi I wish you well with your quest but don't hold your breath for to long. Sorry to say also that we won't be out there at xmas.

mitsi

Message Posted:
18/11/2008 22:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 27 in Discussion

leslyd, I do try to stay positive but it is really hard. How do you motivate people to act rather than whinge? If Kar had a pub on site there'd be many more takers, provided there was a happy hour!

lesleyd

Message Posted:
19/11/2008 02:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 27 in Discussion

Hi Mitsi

I Know its very hard I have noticed quite a few on here moan and complain about Kar or the dogs that are roaming the streets but as soon as you mention either donating or helping out lol....they soon seem to go very quiet.

Now if you mention Cider or Ikea wow what a response. I don't care what anyone says about the guys up at Kar either they do a bloody marvelous job they are under staffed plus don't get nearly enough money to do the job that they are doing but every single day of the year they are up there looking after the many animals that are at the rescue.

I would love to be able to get over for Xmas but sadly we just can't make it and we would be one of the first to go to help out if we could.

I also do know that there are a few people on the forum that have made donations plus a few do also help out I would like to say a very big thank you to these caring guys and to the one's that just sit and moan about it if you can't be bothered to do anything then I really do

deecyprus4

Message Posted:
19/11/2008 09:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 27 in Discussion

Lesleyd, how i love reading these little ditties from ppl in the UK who come on here and slag the 'moaners' of KAR off, what will you be doing at xmas, you wont be here caring for 4 dogs and a cat, 1 dog very badly injured, cleaning shit from the garden now will you, it is easy to say I cannot get over for xmas..of course you cant.

Incidentally I also contribute to KAR even tho I do not agree with all their policies, so get off your high horse and stfu...

edit..the only reason KAR do not cull is not because the turks would be up in arms ...oh no...it is all the liberal dogooder brits who scream and shout from their armchairs but do absolutely nothing other than donate a few poxy lira!!!

wynyardman

Message Posted:
19/11/2008 09:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 27 in Discussion

Mitsi,

We will not be in the TRNC at Christman, but would like to wish you all the best and the folks at Kar, Compliments of the forthcoming season, A Happy New Year.

You are wonderful people and do a commendable job.

wyn

deecyprus4

Message Posted:
19/11/2008 09:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 27 in Discussion

Mitsi, I would just like you and everyone else to know that firstly I do not drink so a pub at KAR would not interest me, now let me inform ppl what I will be doing xmas day.

Caring for the dogs I have, all abandoned or as good as, cleaning shit up, feeding, and generally looking after any other dog that is in need of care, I don't need to go to KAR...just for a pat on the back.

mitsi

Message Posted:
19/11/2008 10:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 27 in Discussion

deecyprus4, I don't do anything for a "pat on the back", well past seeking approval from humans. Also I did not cast aspersions at everyone, only those who do not give a damn and do nothing to help but prefer to whinge on about the state of play without being pro-active themselves, in whatever way that eases the suffering of these poor creatures.

deecyprus4

Message Posted:
19/11/2008 10:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 27 in Discussion

Mitsi fair enough, maybe I am being a little oversensitive as I have been doing quite a bit of 'moaning' about KAR..I too get sick of those who whinge and do nothing..all the best ...

Dee.

deecyprus4

Message Posted:
19/11/2008 10:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 27 in Discussion

Msg 9....Enjoy your xmas lunch of turkey and all the trimmings washed down with copious amounts of booze, maybe you will give 5 lira to KAR...hypocrite!

mitsi

Message Posted:
19/11/2008 10:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 27 in Discussion

I am in rented accommodation, therefore not permitted to have hoards of dogs/cats, which I would do if I owned my home. I feed many abandoned animals and buy flea treatments etc; for them in order to give them SOME quality of life. The reason my hubby and I help out occasionally at KAR is for the animals and to have something to do. I do not approve of all their protocols either but at least they are working positively and better they're operating than not. Well done to all of you that care and help the animals in whatever way. Just wish everybody repected animals, as we do.

Skogsy

Message Posted:
19/11/2008 10:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 27 in Discussion

If you want a "pat on the back", sit under a cow.

Lighten up. We are either doers or not doers. What's the big deal either way.

Help if you want or dont if you dont want.

No need to get all het up and personel about it.

After all the anaimals are the beneficiaries of the help. Not us people.

Skogsy

deecyprus4

Message Posted:
19/11/2008 10:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 27 in Discussion

I have no beef with ppl who live here and do their bit for the animals, wht bugs me is those who reside in the Uk etc, only coming here for holidays and to check on the progress of their being built property lol, come onto these threads and mouth off, believe everything they read and do nothing but 'offer' their unwanted and pointless advice.

deecyprus4

Message Posted:
19/11/2008 10:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 27 in Discussion

Mitsi you are a good person and do all you can ...lets hope others follow your example

Best wishes

Dee

deecyprus4

Message Posted:
19/11/2008 10:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 27 in Discussion

Msg8...do you live here ...hmmm somehow I think not...just another nohoper with a big mouth.

Pipie

Message Posted:
19/11/2008 10:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 27 in Discussion

Is there any chance someone form KAR could give a talk in the local schools about KAR this inturn could educate children and inform them of the work that is going on in KAR , an ideal opportunity to ask if they would volunteer along with mum and dad to help out on Christmas day . Just a thought .

mitsi

Message Posted:
19/11/2008 11:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 27 in Discussion

msg 19, great idea I'll ask them at the meeting today. Apparently it's to discuss the forthcoming xmas bazaar and we're going along to find out about it. I thought that their latest perogative was to educate the school children anyway but don't know what this entails yet. We need to reach the kids as they are much more open to suggestion and not, as yet, so set in their ways.

Children can influence their parents far better than we ever could? Thanks.

mitsi

Message Posted:
19/11/2008 11:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 27 in Discussion

Sorry, should have read PRErogative. Listened to too much of Bobby Brown when I was younger ( for all you young ones that's whitney houston's x -husband, good singer in his day)

lesleyd

Message Posted:
19/11/2008 16:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 27 in Discussion

Hello deecyprus4

Firstly I would like to say that I do sit on my arse in the UK I run a very successful animal sitting walking and yes cleaning their shit up I also have 2 dogs and a cat of my own one that is like your own not very well and he gets the best of care.

Like I said no I will not be out for Xmas due to my work commitments WITH ANIMALS, when we do get to come to Cyprus we spend weeks begging things from vets and pet shops to bring over with us we also take the dogs out for works while we are over we also do the web site for Kar for free we also make donations anything else you would like to know??.

So it seems while I am sat on my arse winging about the people in the TRNC I can get quite a few things done just call me miracle woman.

I would also like to point out that I have also read a few of you little ditties around the forum and your not very forthcoming with kind words yourself to quite a few people.

Like I say there are people that do help out and also donate e

lesleyd

Message Posted:
19/11/2008 19:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 27 in Discussion

I would like to say a very big thank you to those people and please keep up the good work that you do.

mitsi

Message Posted:
19/11/2008 21:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 27 in Discussion

Pipie, Kar tell us that they have launched an education programme for schools so keep a lookout for them. Xmas bazaar is on 6th Dec at Club Zeus in the morning and I'll be helping out there. Hope they do well, come along if any of you are free from around 9.30 to 1pm. Love to meet you all.

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
19/11/2008 22:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 27 in Discussion

mitsi, lesleyd, PIPIE et all, for those that cannot make it on Xmas day then thank you for your interest in KAR and for those that will be there on Xmas day then It will be good to meet you all. Deecyprus4 you are also more than welcome and if you are on our journey from Alsancak to KAR then we are more than willing to to pick you up.

AJ

lesleyd

Message Posted:
20/11/2008 02:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 27 in Discussion

Hi AlsancakJack

I would like to say for all those that are lucky enough to be in the TRNC for xmas A very happy and prosperous new year I would give anything to be out there for Xmas sadly its not to be. Anyway we do hope to be there in May so would love to meet up with a few of you so you can get to know both myself and my husband a little better then you can make your own judgments about us from there.

w26kay

Message Posted:
20/11/2008 02:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 27 in Discussion

AJ that's a very kind offer (given the negativity of some on this forum). I admire the work KAR do, and the constraints that they have to deal with. They are caring volunteers with no government funding, and can only do as much as their funds given by donations to the charity permit. They do not have a magic wand! Without KAR and the other charity BARK (I believe) and all of the people in TRNC who care, and tend, in their own way for abandoned animals, life would be extremely dire for these poor creatures. So rather than "knock" organisations for their methods and policies, collectively we should be commending everyone, or should I say every person, who helps (in whatever way they can) to relieve the plight of the waifes and strays.

Regards.

K

Pipie

Message Posted:
20/11/2008 07:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 27 in Discussion

mitsi

Thanks for the invite , sadly we are only around from the 20th Dec for a couple of weeks . That is such good news re the education programme that you have planned . Well done to all . We may have met on one of our sessions volonteerd walking of the dogs, not sure , any hope to meet up on our next visit . Good luck and thanks for all of the hard work and dedication you all contribute looking after these poor animals .

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.