North Cyprus Tourist Board - My small way of saying thenks to all involved in North Cyprus
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > My small way of saying thenks to all involved in North Cyprus

My small way of saying thenks to all involved in North Cyprus

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

proger1

Message Posted:
18/09/2011 00:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

I am sorry for offending anyone who has a different opinion about anything I am about to say but as I have just had one of the nicest evenings that I can remember, I think all the establishments involved deserve some praise, especially considering a couple of them have been abused recently on this forum (it is supposed to help the community of North Cyprus, not destroy it after all).

Anyway, for anybody who is interested in reading an unbiased and completely factual summary of a fantastic family evening, here goes.

I have never been to Patina gardens before and after reading the comments on the forum recently (not disputing them, just referencing them) I wasn't sure I should until a very good friend said I would be silly not to make my own observations.

Lets just get straight to the point, 100% verified by myself and my wife and teenage daughter, the best food we have had as a collective group in 2 1/2 years in North Cyprus, we have had many restaurants that deserve praise for

cont

proger1

Message Posted:
18/09/2011 00:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

cont.

we have had many restaurants that deserve praise for a particular dish or even two but I have to say that Patina served every person at our table not only one but two fantastic courses of amazing food, if I had any complaint it would be that the waiter tried a little too hard to make us happy which is a little annoying to me but as has been pointed out to me when I am in better company, is a little rude.

huge thumbs up to Patina from myself and the family, we will definitely be back as often as I can afford, or at least as often as my wife tells me I can afford.

And moving on to our next venue, The Fez, I will admit in terms of equality that this is one of my locals and I have many friends there but to be honest, the place was so full that we not only had to park 100 metres away but it also took me almost 3 minutes to be served, about 2 1/2 minutes more than I would normally tolerate.

The show by Kelvin and Gazza is not new to me but I have to admit that last night

cont.

proger1

Message Posted:
18/09/2011 00:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

cont.

I have to admit that last night was probably the best live show I have seen in quite some time. I would estimate that at least 50% of the customers in the bar were regulars but they all acted like this was one of the freshest acts in many a blue moon and the addition of Murat and Channels new found musical talents was great. Thanks again and I will see you all tomorrow for the rugby and the old firm match (if the wife allows me)

My wife and I's final venue of the evening was the Lodge, absolutely the best place to finish the evening or start the morning if that is your plan for the weekend. Great music mixed with great people and probably the most relaxed atmosphere you will find on a Friday night in Girne ( I should in all fairness warn any potential new attendees that there will probably be at least 1 person who decides to be a violent ass and start a fight but you should stand back and watch for 10 seconds or so.

cont.

nurseawful

Message Posted:
18/09/2011 00:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

Paul,

You been on the budgie seeds again. Re. the old firm my prediction is Rangers 2 Celtic 1 or a 1-1 draw!

Chris

proger1

Message Posted:
18/09/2011 00:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

cont.

stand back and watch for 10 seconds or so, because the regular Friday night crowd are the party people with peace in their hearts because the first time anyone starts to act like a trouble maker, the regulars are the first people on the scene to get them out the door and on their way home.

So in the end I would like to say many thanks to Patina gardens http://www.patinacyprus.com ,The Fez, http://www.thefez.co.uk and the Lodge, Catalkoy ( sorry but I can't find a web site for them, I suppose I should build one for them) and most of all many, many thanks to all of the people I was so fortunate to spend my Friday evening with from the little to large, the plain and the perfect, the skinny and the almost as obese as me. the beautiful ladies I met and the most beautiful lady that allowed me to go home with her (sometimes marriage is a good thing)

I was reminded last night about how fantastic North Cyprus can be and I think it only fair to share it here.

Thanks again

Marion

Message Posted:
18/09/2011 00:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

How lovely to read praise of this kind. I assume it was all said when stone cold sober but evenif not it is still a great tribute to good things in N.Cyprus. And I particularly loved the reference to the wife (I am assuming you were referring to the wife as going home with you and not being one of those 'modern' wives that is supposed to let a man do all the things that are bad for him.)

On second thoughts, would you allow me toput this in The Star newspaper as a comment on the Forum that many people love to hate? wouldn't do it without your permission, PLUS I WOULD LIKE A PHOTO OF YOU AND THE WIFE

proger1

Message Posted:
18/09/2011 01:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

Chris, I don't mean to sound rude but I am genuinely trying to put up a positive post for the people who do so much to make their businesses work within a community that likes to be detrimental towards any business that is not run or owned by a personal friend.

My darling wife, my pain in the bum daughter and myself (Mr never happy) had a great night at these establishments and I really want people to know that some of the things that have been mentioned about them lately whilst possible when the members wrote about them were not even close to true in my personal experience. I am nothing if not fair, or at least a drunken argumentative, Celtic are the only real Glaswegian team, bias type fair kind of person.

Good luck to the Orange men tomorrow, ouch, I didn't realise how much it word hurt in the depth of my heart and soul just to type those words.

proger1

Message Posted:
18/09/2011 01:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

Marion, I have no problems with you reproducing any of the comments and to be honest am very glad that you are willing to do so, the establishments deserve as much praise as I can give them for making mine and my lovely wife ( the woman I am always very lucky to be going home with) and families night so enjoyable. As for the photograph, I can only speak for myself as the guy who wasn't that pretty to look at when he was 20 kilos lighter and the added bulk hasn't done any improvement, my wife is stunning ( I have to admit a slight bias on that one but I really don't think I am exaggerating) but it would be her decision about the public angle.

If you do genuinely wish to quote my comments I am delighted to say yes, as long as I see a proof of the story first, if you genuinely want a photo, please contact me on a PM.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.