North Cyprus Tourist Board - Best place to live in North Cyprus
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Best place to live in North Cyprus

Best place to live in North Cyprus

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

turkeytrotter

Message Posted:
25/09/2011 11:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

Hi folks, we live in a small fishing town near Bodrum at the mo but are thinking of re-locating to TRNC. Any advice on the best place to start looking would be greatly appreciated - we particularly want to live somewhere a bit bigger than where we are, near to plenty of shops, restaurants and bars etc. Many thanks

rocky

Message Posted:
25/09/2011 11:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

I think anywhere in North Cyprus will better the Bodrum area, Bodrum town is a fun place to visit with Harbour restaurants and cheap shopping but the surrounding tourist areas we found disappointing.

Visitor

Message Posted:
25/09/2011 12:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

I would look near kyrenia - especially if you want a social scene. Its easy to explore - no great distances.

My advise would be to come and see for yourselves. It also depends if you want to live in a traditional or in a Benidorm/brookside development.

a dozen or more small towns/villages are close to Kyrenia. 20 mins drive

turkeytrotter

Message Posted:
25/09/2011 13:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

Thanks for that, we are going to come over but just wanted an idea of where to base ourselves to start looking.

karakum5c

Message Posted:
25/09/2011 13:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

Base Kyrenia then work your way outwards till you find what you are looking for.

Pia Bella Hotel fairly good place to base yourself.

katjusha

Message Posted:
25/09/2011 14:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

I would say near Famagusta, I have visited myself Kyrenia and Famagusta before, they are both nice cities with lots of history, but Kyrenia loks too overcrowded for me already, so I bought apartment near Famagusta and am very happy. Famagusta also has nice restaurants do dine and places to go out. If you have a car, just a little bit outside the city is perfect, the beaches (sandy beaches) are really nice here. But it's just mine opinion ))

moxie

Message Posted:
25/09/2011 15:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

msge 1 stay where you are...............cheaper , beautiful...why not try Kalkan /Kas /Fethiye or Izmir?

Woodspeckie

Message Posted:
25/09/2011 19:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

moxie. agree with you. why not try the İzmir area Cesme is lovely. İ have travelled all the resorts but Cesme is my favourite also love Yalıkavak ıs that where you are. Two entirely differtent places NC and Turkey dont expect it to be like Turkey.

Sandcastle

Message Posted:
25/09/2011 21:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

Has to be Famagusta then.

Busy city with loads to do and see. Lots of traditional shops, bars ect sat along side new modern ones.

Lovely city sandy beach without being over crowded and easy access to many other fab beaches and traditional villages near by.

If you want to stay in a hotel, see if the palm beach is now open, or if you prefer renting, try the Bogaz/Iskele area, 20 mins drive to Famagusta, 1 1/2hrs to the top of the Karpaz and now only 1 1/4hrs on the new road to Kyrenia.

Great base for exploring many different parts of North Cyprus.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.