North Cyprus Tourist Board - Travelling from uk to northern cyprus in a motorhome
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Travelling from uk to northern cyprus in a motorhome

Travelling from uk to northern cyprus in a motorhome

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

telboy58

Message Posted:
27/09/2011 17:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Hi

I am retiring in a couple of years and wish to travel one of my targets is to drive from the uk to north cyprus in a motorhome i will be travelling with my king charles spaniel ...

Has anyone advice on the best routes ferry crossing etc and also any restrictions bringing a dog into the country

Thank you for your time

Terry

eagleyemonkey

Message Posted:
28/09/2011 10:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

We are travelling over soon too so any advise anyone?

tarry67

Message Posted:
28/09/2011 14:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

I have been told that the ferry from Italy is a good route, but I am not sure when this service closes down for the winter. My friends drove all the way to Cyprus and everything went well apart from when they arrived at the border with Serbia as they had to buy new insurance, which was a rip off, and just didn't enjoy the atmosphere they felt there. Apart from this all went very well, until of course you reach Northern Cyprus, as they always find something wrong, and make everything so difficult for no reason really.

Make sure you bring the original documents for the vehicle as they will not except copies here.

I don't think you would be allowed to bring the dog into the country,unless they except the dog passports now, but that's a question to be answered by a member of KAR dogs home based here in Northern Cyprus. You may be better to post a separate subject about bringing a dog into the country.

Have a good journey I really envy you.

rigsby

Message Posted:
28/09/2011 14:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Try and contact Motorhome Monthly.A Chap done this journey a couple of years ago.He wrote about his experiances and it was not all good.

Bertie

Message Posted:
28/09/2011 15:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

We did the journey by car 2 years ago France.Switzerland,Italy we missed last ferry to Turkey as it stops over the winter so did Greece Turkey then the dreaded Tasicu ferry. You will need an import licence for dog and export licence from Defra which only allows 10 days to get here so if you wanted to take your time that would be a problem.Then the next problem with the dog would be taking it back out, the rabies laws change in Jan which may help.There will also be a problem with your vehicle and import duties.Silly obstacles but real non the less.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.