North Cyprus Tourist Board - When is a committee not a committee in the TRNC
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > When is a committee not a committee in the TRNC

When is a committee not a committee in the TRNC

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

Rocker

Message Posted:
27/09/2011 18:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 13 in Discussion

Hi most of you know my wife and I left Northern Cyprus three weeks ago one reason being my wife's health which was not helped after living on the Sea Vistas site for three and a half years. My thread is as follows the Committee would not talk or even answer e-mails unless they consulted FCC the maintenance company. I and others on site were branded by FCC as Trouble or Hostile several of us received nasty letters from FCC, strange we paid their wages they controlled us. The site has been managed by FCC for over two years tghey were appointed by the Developer and to date no tenders have been implemented and no owner until now has been asked about6 tendering. I obtained tenders and wastold its to late !!!!! I have done this because all I got was Cyprus Easement law 35 !!! covers the rules etc. My interpretation is different to FCC and of course the committee. I wish every one on sit allthe best and hope after many months the leaking pool is fixed and the sewerage and irrigation now work

Mambosun

Message Posted:
27/09/2011 18:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 13 in Discussion

Good for you Terry the pool still leaks and waste water is still being put down the storm drains on my next visit I am going to board the place up until we get deeds if we ever do

karakum5c

Message Posted:
27/09/2011 18:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 13 in Discussion

who is the builder ?

and what do the initials FCC stand for ?

bazzagirl

Message Posted:
27/09/2011 18:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 13 in Discussion

My heart goes out to you Terry and your wife Pat, what you were subjected to up at that site is a disgrace, i worried sick everytime we left you knowing what they were all upto hoping it would not make you ill. I wish we could get rid of our place as i want to erase this episode of my life out. It's all one big farce, the site is beautiful but the ambience is spoilt by an illegal committee, that are themselves run by an unelected maintemance company who think our contracts of sale does not mean anything. Until a proper legal committee is put in place by the residents, who may i add have the residents interest only at heart, and also a maintenance company which all the people are happy with , this will remain, as far as i am concerned the North Cyprus site from Hell.

All the very Best and welcome back to GB, it's like heaven here ain't it mate compared to out thereXX

God Bless, hope to see u soon.

Rocker

Message Posted:
27/09/2011 19:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 13 in Discussion

In answer to the questions, FCC is First Consult Cyprus, the Builders were Eurocoast and the Developer under the Nature Bay umbrella is Weston Properties.

Rocker

Mambosun

Message Posted:
28/09/2011 09:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 13 in Discussion

Well done Terry if others would name and shame we might just get somewhere at the very least it will help others from falling into the property trap here

elko2

Message Posted:
28/09/2011 09:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 13 in Discussion

This is the same story on many sites. The trouble is that the law refers to "Owners" which really means title deeds owners. Most of them have no title deeds yet and that is where the problem begins. Is it the Developer (owner of title deeds) or the Buyers who decide how to run the site? If the Buyers are paying for it, I would argue that the Buyers should have the final say but when the chips are down you really have to take the matter to court and argue it out there and persuade the judge on your side.

The courts are manned mostly by the new generation of judges who are in my opinion generally better than the older ones. However going to court is not an easy option.

ismet

Mambosun

Message Posted:
28/09/2011 09:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 13 in Discussion

Yes Ismet totally sound advice, if you could help we would be most grateful. we are considering taking out an injunction as this seems our only option now, have you any recommendations on a decent advocate to do this, and any advice on how the injunction works. Your comments would be gratefully received.

elko2

Message Posted:
28/09/2011 11:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 13 in Discussion

I presume the site is within the jurisdiction of Girne Court. Sorry, can't recommend any but all I can say is keep clear of "pen pushers" and "Copy and Paste" advocates. You will need an experienced litigation advocate.

ismet

johndp

Message Posted:
28/09/2011 11:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 13 in Discussion

Where have we heard it all before, hopefully some will take heed of Elko's words - "title deeds owners" my fear is becaue of all the hassle, will some hold back title deeds indefinately because of the hasty actions of people

girne 29

Message Posted:
28/09/2011 23:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 13 in Discussion

"title deeds owners" my fear is becaue of all the hassle, will some hold back title deeds indefinately because of the hasty actions of people

John, What is the hasty action you are talking about.? Anything other than what the builders ,developers and trnc govt want.? And how long would consider such action became not hasty.? If they hold back deeds then take them to court for that.

Its the fear that you mention that helps these corrupt practises persist,and in the short term while it might get deeds eventually,in the longer term ,its what has ruined the trnc

Good luck Rocker,

hodgeliz

Message Posted:
28/09/2011 23:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 13 in Discussion

In my opinion I think john was only voicing a fear as he said, many of the developers have the control and like it or not there is little we can do till the law is changed, and as we all know that takes forever here. sometimes its better to have a little of something than a lot of nothing.

The TRNC is not ruined for as many folk as you may think it is, I for one am happy with my lot, perhaps you are not but its there country not ours and i can think of a lot worse places to be right now

Mambosun

Message Posted:
29/09/2011 10:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 13 in Discussion

Our deeds have been promised for 4 plus years now and the land to-date is not even parcelised , whats the point in holding back you obviously have nothing to lose, without deeds it remains the property and site of the developer and you are nothing more than an expensive tenant, i just wish some people were not so blinkered, i will now do what i have to do to protect my investment.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.