North Cyprus Tourist Board - Thinking of moving to Kyrenia for 12 months or longer?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Thinking of moving to Kyrenia for 12 months or longer?

Thinking of moving to Kyrenia for 12 months or longer?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Kyrenia North Cyprus

» Kyrenia Cyprus Photo Gallery

» Kyrenia Sights

» See all North Cyprus Shipping threads posted so far

» Read about Shipping Freight to North Cyprus

MarkKent28

Message Posted:
28/09/2011 20:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

We are middle aged couple thinking of a temporary move.We are both ambitious and hardworking. I am a governmentr official and shortly doing my Pool Plant Operators Course and my wife is a Legal Secretary. We are thinking of renting a 2 bed apartment in / around Kyrenia. What opportunities would there be for work for both of us? We would be willing to do anything within reason. Are their any employment agencies in Kyrenia we could contact beforehand. What rent could we expect to pay in / around Kyrenia.

Any advice or knowledge would be gratefully received!!

Mark

SNadia

Message Posted:
28/09/2011 22:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

Hi, Mark, I could offer you a 2 bedroom apartment with salon around Kyrenia in the complex beloved by the British. If interested - please check my advertisement. Thus, there are BRAND-NEW 2+1 garden apartment (furnished - 300, unfurnished - 250 pounds) and 2+1 penthouse (furnished - 350).

I wonder what time you expect to come.

Please, contact me dialling +9054888 00 662 or e-mail nadushok@tut.by, Nadia

woollyone

Message Posted:
28/09/2011 23:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

You need a work permit to work. Getting a work permit involves health checks and expense and wages a far below what you would expect to earn in the UK. Employers have to have proved that the job offered to you could not be filled by a Turkish Cypriot. Starting your own business has many expensive pitfalls. North Cyprus is a wonderful place to live in but very difficult for non Turkish Cypriots to make a living. Think very carefully about coming if you need to work to support yourselves here. If you can afford to take an extended holiday here and not work you will have a wonderful time.

ttoli

Message Posted:
29/09/2011 00:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

MarkKent28, I have been here 6 years now, Unless you have cash behind you, Sorry but forget it, work very hard to come by,Employers willing (and able),to provide a work permit even more so, a few here take a chance working without, But (to My mind), the penalties aren't worth it.

As a couple £100k, in the bank, tied up for a year in Turkish Lira will pay a nett 9.5%, a modest lifestyle is acheivable.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.