North Cyprus Tourist Board - Need to see TRNC London for POA then send to North Cyprus
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Need to see TRNC London for POA then send to North Cyprus

Need to see TRNC London for POA then send to North Cyprus

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

looby70loo

Message Posted:
01/10/2011 20:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

I have two documents for certifying at TRNC consulate in London,then to be sent to Girne.Does anyone know if they can still be 'done' by posting to London following a notary witness,with fees and passport copies? Or do I need to visit London in person ?

I am very grateful of any help offered on the matter.

hawkeye

Message Posted:
01/10/2011 20:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

hi yes they can. we did it 8 weeks ago and our firends did it 3 weeks ago........ cost 25£ and it needs to be postal order only............Sue

looby70loo

Message Posted:
02/10/2011 00:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Thanks very much for your help.

looby70loo

Message Posted:
02/10/2011 00:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Hello again Sue,

So is it correct,that I need to sign them infront of a notary first,prior to sending them to the TRNC Consulate in London? Or will they just certify the signatures provided alone?

Thanks,Louise

girne 29

Message Posted:
02/10/2011 02:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Dont quite understand what you mean.

Its as stated above ,you have two choices . Go the consulate or get a notary to witness. Why on earth would the TRNC consulate certify signatures without proof.

Its not just about that. The notary as well as checking you are who you say you are ,by checking passport photo and signature,,also has to read the document ,check its legality and ensure you understand the import of what you have signed. Only then will he put his stamp on the document. Thats why he requires an English translation on the other side of the Turkish

When I got mine , my wives passport number was for an old passport,Saw this after notarised copy ,and got another copy and changed the passport number myself. Even though we both had been there the day before ,he insisted that my wife had to go a second time with new copy ,rather than me going back with hers myself.

looby70loo

Message Posted:
02/10/2011 15:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Thanks for your message Girne29.

We have already had the said documents notarised and returned to Girne as requested by our solicitor,but now we have been told we must sign new ones as they need certification with TRNC London.

So,as I understand it,we either go in person with the new docs,payment and passports and sign in London, OR we get them notarised locally,then send them to the consulate by post with passport copies and postal order for fees.They will then return them yo us for posting on back to Girne.

Does that my sense now?

Thanks again for your input.

looby70loo

Message Posted:
02/10/2011 16:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

LOL ,MAKE sense,not my sense!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.