North Cyprus Tourist Board - 3 Oct / Efes Pilsen BLUES FESTİVAL - Jasmine Court Hotel
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > 3 Oct / Efes Pilsen BLUES FESTİVAL - Jasmine Court Hotel

3 Oct / Efes Pilsen BLUES FESTİVAL - Jasmine Court Hotel

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Book North Cyprus Hotels Online: Secure & Easy

EfesBlues

Message Posted:
02/10/2011 15:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 24 in Discussion

Efes Pilsen Blues Festival 22

3 Oct / Efes Pilsen BLUES FESTİVAL - Jasmine Court Hotel

The best populel organization in North Cyprus and Turkey.

Ticket; 25.00TL (İncld. 1 EFES)

Door Open; 18:30

Singer;

LUCKY PETERSON

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucky_Peterson

Rick Estrin and The Nightcats

http://www.rickestrin.com/

John Mooney

http://www.myspace.com/johnmooneylive

Ticket Sale;

Beer Point

Jasmine Court Hotel Reception

Deniz Plaza Girne

and Concert Door

more info;

http://www.pozitif.info/tr/festival/2011/efes-pilsen-blues-festival-22/213/

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=229513580431686

http://www.rickestrin.com/

İnfo Phone;

Merih Erköse

0533 876 06 18

nurseawful

Message Posted:
02/10/2011 15:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 24 in Discussion

Are there tables still available as we have tried unsuccessfully to book a table in previous years?

Chris

parky

Message Posted:
02/10/2011 15:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 24 in Discussion

what time do the first act start please?

Riddles

Message Posted:
02/10/2011 17:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 24 in Discussion

'Efes Blues' ..you are hopeless! You undermine your own efforts....

This is the best (probably the ONLY) genuine international music event in the TRNC and you've given people 24 hours notice ...a disgrace!

Castlemilk

Message Posted:
02/10/2011 17:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 24 in Discussion

HI Chris

They dont have tables,but you can get beer crates to sit on or take the old folding chairs allways a good night though.

Stevie

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
02/10/2011 18:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 24 in Discussion

Riddles

''Efes Blues' ..you are hopeless! You undermine your own efforts....

This is the best (probably the ONLY) genuine international music event in the TRNC and you've given people 24 hours notice ...a disgrace!'

They do not need to advertise at all as most of the punters are Cypriot Turks and they get to know about it long before people like you do and if you did a search on here you would have found plenty of posts/threads giving everyone the heads up months ago.

Riddles

Message Posted:
02/10/2011 19:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 24 in Discussion

AJ

I think you'll find that mine was one of the very earliest, and most enthusiastic, notifications on this event ...nevertheless it's a pity that such an event of importance doesn't find the broadest possible audience .....otherwise the TRNC will get the quality of music it deserves (i.e., ex-pat 'Open Mikes'.)

EfesBlues

Message Posted:
02/10/2011 19:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 24 in Discussion

Are there tables still available as we have tried unsuccessfully to book a table in previous years?

Chris

- We have beer crates to sit area. Come to door opens time please. See you tomorrow.

Merih

EfesBlues

Message Posted:
02/10/2011 19:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 24 in Discussion

Door Opens time 18:30 and first act. start 19:30.

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
02/10/2011 19:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 24 in Discussion

Riddles

I would respectively suggest that you are not aware of the music scene in the TRNC and also your caustic comments about 'i.e., ex-pat 'Open Mikes' are out of order and I would like to know which ones you have attended. They are a great breeding ground for new/young talent. If you are not a musician (and I guess you are not) then you will not appreciate what these 'Open Mic' nights are all about.

Riddles

Message Posted:
02/10/2011 23:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 24 in Discussion

AJ ...no one who is involved in making music describes him or herself as a 'musician' ...there's always so much better to become ....so, you're right I'm not a 'musician' although I am VERY actively involved in music ...

It's worth pointing out that I 'broke' the story that Rick Estrin and his band are headlining on 12th JUNE this year ....it's a pity that the organisers (who must have had the information) weren't so forthcoming!

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
04/10/2011 12:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 24 in Discussion

Riddles

A musician is an artist who is skilled in any kind of instrument. It may or may not be the person's profession. Musicians can be classified by their roles in performing music.

An instrumentalist plays a musical instrument.

A multi-instrumentalist plays a diverse range of instruments such as different forms of percussion, plucked strings, vocals etc.

A singer is a vocalist.

Composers, songwriters and arrangers create musical compositions, songs and arrangements. These may be transcribed in music notation, performed or recorded.

A conductor leads a musical ensemble. A conductor can simultaneously act as an instrumentalist in the ensemble.

A recording artist creates recorded music, such as CDs and MP3 files.

( A composer is always a musician, but a musician is not necessarily a composer.)

There are many forms of musicians. From classical artist to rock artist. The spectrum is so diverse that there is no limitation to a musician's qualifications.

Taken from wikipedia

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
04/10/2011 12:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 24 in Discussion

Riddles

Did you go to the Efes Blues festival last night? If you did then you will understand what I was saying about the punters that were there.

You never answered my question about whether you have been to any of the open mic nights here in the TRNC. Further more I would be interested to know what involvement you have in music and what you know about the TRNC live music scene. These are not trick questions as I am always ready to meet up with anybody that has an interest in live music with a view to promoting the same.

You can e-mail me (e-mail in my profile)

AJ

Riddles

Message Posted:
04/10/2011 13:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 24 in Discussion

Mmmm -I'm not a great fan of Wikipedia but let it suffice for this purpose ...

"A musician is an artist who is SKILLED in any kind of instrument ..." Exactly! -the point I obviously didn't make clearly enough in previous posts is that most people who pick-up an instrument would deny that they are 'skilled' however long they have played ...I would fall into that category.

My involvement in music is no business of this forum although, as I pointed out above, I was able to identify, and share, that Rick was booked months ago.

You, in turn, didn't respond to my overall comment about the marketing, here, of the Efes Blues Festival ....it is a HIGHLY subsidised annual event, with 'top drawer' artists, which has left zero legacy in TRNC.....how can it be that after so many festivals over such a period there is NO regular blues venue /night/ event established in Northern Cyprus?

the butler

Message Posted:
04/10/2011 14:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 24 in Discussion

Well I went to the blues festival last night and managed to get a chair, as did the 3 people with me but we were there by 18.20hrs. I enjoyed the first 2 acts but I am afraid the last act was just to much like headbanging music for

an old girl like me. I did notice that the local youngsters were very much in attendance, like last year and all seemed

to enjoy the music. I did not witness any drunken behavour and a good time was had by all.

I cannot not imagine that this would have happened anywhere in the UK, so well done you young people.

ranger5

Message Posted:
04/10/2011 14:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 24 in Discussion

Butler/Butlers wife,

Totally agree with your comment. We left during the final act which we thought was disappointing. However I now understand that the previous two acts joined them later, so maybe we missed something good from the whole ensemble

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
04/10/2011 21:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 24 in Discussion

Riddles

' My involvement in music is no business of this forum '

Erm that is why I invited you to e-mail me. Your e-mail address is hidden unlike mine. If you are interested in getting involved in (and /or promoting) the TRNC music scene then just e-mail me, simple.

AJ

Riddles

Message Posted:
04/10/2011 22:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 24 in Discussion

I'm not interested in a 'music scene' ..I'm interested in 'blues' ...and there isn't any!

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
04/10/2011 22:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 24 in Discussion

Jeez Riddles you are hard work, I have a project that was initiated some time ago called the Blues Project but due to not finding adequate practice facilities it stalled. But now someone has kindly offered a studio I want to kick start it again. Like I said before if you are interested then just e-mail me.

AJ

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
04/10/2011 22:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 24 in Discussion

Riddles

If you want to listen to the Blues then get involved, don't just moan about it. There are a lot of Cypriot Turk musicians that want to get involved in playing the blues and that is what I am aiming to do.

Get involved or stop moaning.

AJ

Riddles

Message Posted:
04/10/2011 23:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 24 in Discussion

I think you'll find AJ that I moaned only about the (Turkish) organisers of the Efes Blues Festival's poor advertising ....the rest of my comments have been queries (i.e. why has a blues-scene not taken root in the TRNC?) ...those of you living there can answer that.....those of us who leave the Island know that such an input of talent into a small community anywhere else in the World would have been more appreciated...

Earlybird

Message Posted:
05/10/2011 08:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 24 in Discussion

There appears to be a general lack of advertising for 'events' in the TRNC. I have been to some that have been very poorly attended but have been excellent.

Riddles

Message Posted:
07/10/2011 01:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 24 in Discussion

Another Efestival gone ...and forgotten already!

MoonageDaydre

Message Posted:
13/10/2011 14:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 24 in Discussion

Well I heard about this event several weeks before the beginning of October on this forum!

My wife and I went and thought it was a great event, the doors opened when they said they would and the first act was on at 7:30 as announced. There was none of the usual UK nonsense of advertising 'doors 7:30' to get people in drinking expensive beer for a couple of hours while you wait for two boring hours for the first act to appear!

John Mooney played great Delta Blues, and Rick Estrin and the Nightcats were worth the TL25 on their own. I agree with some of the comments about the Lucky Petersen set, though I think the problem was really bad sound mixing. I couldn't hear the guitar or his vocals clearly, the drum sound was overpowering, and the volume was a ta level which distorted everything. We sat in the same place for the Estrin set, and the sound balance for that was was perfect.

There was a good mix of ages in the crowed, form over 60s, to teens, and a lot from GAU.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.