North Cyprus Tourist Board - Only really useful if you can read and understand Russian
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Only really useful if you can read and understand Russian

Only really useful if you can read and understand Russian

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

biznizguide

Message Posted:
02/10/2011 22:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 65 in Discussion

The Russian version of the biznizguide website is we think 90% completed but we would really be happy if some of the Russian members were kind enough to test it and let us know if there are any faults that we need to fix.

You can find most of the pages by clicking the Russian flag at the top of any English page or you can go to the Russian home page and move around the site from there.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

http://www.biznizguide.com (English)

http://www.biznizguide.com/russian/index_ru.html

bigOz

Message Posted:
03/10/2011 00:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 65 in Discussion

I had replied to your other post, by sending an email, regarding translations but got no response...

biznizguide

Message Posted:
03/10/2011 00:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 65 in Discussion

I am sorry bigOz, I had finished the other post by saying that no more applications were required and also your mail was ended with a request for me to send you more details if interested, I thought that you meant I should only reply if I still needed your services.

I am sorry again but I have found someone local to my location who is doing the Turkish translations for me.

I do thank you for your offer though.

brianc

Message Posted:
03/10/2011 17:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 65 in Discussion

my wife checked your web-site and found some grammar mistakes.

Why cannot Liubov check the spelling ?

Clarissa2

Message Posted:
03/10/2011 18:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 65 in Discussion

Re: Msg1,

Good Lord, proger!

Are you trying to scare people?

Was this 'true Russian' translation done with Google Translate?

Have some mercy!

biznizguide

Message Posted:
03/10/2011 19:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 65 in Discussion

Hello Brian, Liubov says she is too busy raising a little boy to check the site, her daughter is the one who did the translations.

Clarissa, if you wish to create friction with Paul, please do so on one of his posts, if you would like to be constructive with me then please either point out the errors or do so using the contacts page on the site. I do not actually talk Russian so I don't know what is wrong and your post does not really help.

Clarissa2

Message Posted:
03/10/2011 20:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 65 in Discussion

Re: Msg 6,

proger, if you want me to be constructive, then I suggest that the whole text has to be rewritten from the beginning to the end. There is no point in highlighting individual errors as all aspects of this translation are incorrect: syntax, punctuation, grammar and all the rest!

biznizguide

Message Posted:
03/10/2011 20:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 65 in Discussion

Здраствуйте,

Меня зовут Алиса, я дочь Пола и я переводила текст на сайте. И если вы считаете, что знаете Русский лучше меня, то тогда может вы скажете МНЕ какие ошибки я доп

biznizguide

Message Posted:
03/10/2011 20:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 65 in Discussion

I am really not sure what happened there, the translator sent me a mail to post for Clarissa after I told her she had done a bad job. I believe the basics of it were that she is actually a Russian and that you should think before you write lies. She is only 17 so perhaps she may have reacted badly but then I believe that was your intent.

This is not a place for you to start fights with Paul.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
03/10/2011 23:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 65 in Discussion

Just How many folk ARE using this 'bizinz' handle.. ?!

Seems like three and counting ... :O

Come on Clarissa, I want to read your response to Alisa ( Paul's [ presumably] step daughter ) .....

philbailey

Message Posted:
04/10/2011 14:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 65 in Discussion

What does msg 8 say ?

russianbabe

Message Posted:
04/10/2011 16:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 65 in Discussion

I agree, the discussed site needs to be completely rewriten if you want to be correct in russian and not to look like amatures. I am sure there are a lot of russian speaking people out there to help you.

Не в обиду сказано, но написано не русским человеком.

brianc

Message Posted:
04/10/2011 16:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 65 in Discussion

Алиса , здравствуй! Меня зовут Марина, я знакома с тобой , т.к. знаю твою маму.

При проверке текста старайся пользоваться ресурсами , такими как

http://bugaga.net .ru/orfografija/

потому что (по себе зна&

biznizguide

Message Posted:
04/10/2011 17:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 65 in Discussion

Здраствуйте Марина! Спасибо большое за ссылку. Я проверила весь текст, и нашлось 2 орфаграфические ошибки.

russianbabe

Как бы это сказать по мягче... Если нам нужна будит помощь, к те

russianbabe

Message Posted:
04/10/2011 18:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 65 in Discussion

translate in english so everybody can understand please .i will respond only in english so other people can join in

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
04/10/2011 18:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 65 in Discussion

Last warning: More Russian and Ill only post in Dutch...

russianbabe

Message Posted:
04/10/2011 19:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 65 in Discussion

i agree

english only like DutchCrusader said

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
04/10/2011 19:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 65 in Discussion

@ msg 17: At least an effort to write some sort of English (before someone else writes it... )

BumbleBee...!

Message Posted:
04/10/2011 20:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 65 in Discussion

Okay... you want in English, i will write in English.

russianbabe, tbh you were the one who started being all this personal, by saying that im not Russia, well here's the truth for you, i am pure Russian.

I am not a professional translator and not going to be, im only 17, yes i've made some mistakes, which im trying to correct NOW.

I was the one who wrote it all in russian, and for your information, there is actually a page on the website, that says:" If for any reason you are unable to achieve the required aim due to a fault with the site please click on the link below or alternatively enter the address manually in your mail server and send us a basic description of the fault." and the last time i checked there has been no instructions written about how to insul people. So how about you russianbabe stop saying staff that you don't even know, and if you do have problems with the text on the website, e-mail it on the given address in polite way.

Clarissa2

Message Posted:
04/10/2011 20:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 65 in Discussion

Re: Msg 8,

"Здраствуйте"

I find it hilarious that even the first word in your message, which means "hello" is spelled incorrectly.

If you cannot spell even that, do I need I to comment at all on the rest?!

P.S. To answer your question, yes, I do believe I have a better command of the Russian language despite the fact that you are a native speaker.

Clarissa2

Message Posted:
04/10/2011 20:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 65 in Discussion

Re: Msg 10,

"Just How many folk ARE using this 'bizinz' handle.. ?!

Seems like three and counting ... :O ..."

mx6,

I think it's a quintet!

proger1

Message Posted:
04/10/2011 21:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 65 in Discussion

Clarissa, you really are one of the nastiest people I have ever come across, try remembering when you were a teenager and how insulting it would feel if somebody were to say that to you. If you really want to toss insults at me, come and do so, my daughter is not fair game for you.

She has explained above that she is not a translator, I realise now that it was my mistake asking her to do this for me as it was a little too high in my expectancies because I do not understand enough Russian to realise how hard the task actually was for her.

That explains why her layout on the website was not as professional as we had both hoped it would be, she has however spent the last 4 hours doing her best to fix the mistakes with some help, the spelling mistake above is probably due to the fact that she is typing on an English keyboard whilst using her memory for the Russian keyboard.

If you were the superior person you make yourself out to be, you would offer her an apology.

I am done with you.

BumbleBee...!

Message Posted:
04/10/2011 21:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 65 in Discussion

Clarissa2

I find it hilarious that you! The person who claims to know very good Russian, found mistake in the perfectly well spelled word!!!

If you think you know how to spell it in any other way, then please do!!!

Clarissa2

Message Posted:
04/10/2011 22:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 65 in Discussion

Re: Msg 23,

"If you think you know how to spell it in any other way, then please do!!!"

The correct spelling : Здравствуйте.

For a girl of 17 you have a very strange idea about how to conduct yourself in a proper way and to be polite.

proger1

Message Posted:
04/10/2011 22:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 65 in Discussion

Here is a little irony that I am sure you will try to turn into something else, Alisa posted massage 23 and then came downstairs and told her mother and I she had been silly and miss-spelled the word not once but twice and then tried to say you were wrong, she giggled it off as a 17 year old who made a mistake would do, you however are claiming to be a 37 year old intelligent woman who tells a 17 year old that they are not the nationality they claim to be, that you find them hilarious and that you are better at their language than they are them self and then have the audacity to call them impolite and conducting them self strangely.

You have got yourself so convinced that I am pretending to be someone else that you are seeing shadows in every corner, I have never pretended to be anyone else on here, I have never felt the need, unlike you, I am easily found in many ways. I am not anonymous and I would never try to ridicule a 17 year old for my own gratification, you disgust me.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
04/10/2011 23:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 65 in Discussion

Hi Paul,

It is indeed regrettable that your step daughter has got embroiled in a 'spat' .. but if you can't / won't see how your recent posting conduct had a LOT worse apologise for, then the word irony must mean something different to you.. :(

rod28

Message Posted:
04/10/2011 23:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 65 in Discussion

well as a non russian seeing spelling as very hard because it is like galic it depends on the car is red or the red car, mr gorbachov did not know when an o was a a because russian speakers allways will change the end

2 answer your point earlier i allways said,you were s a wel educated and ballanced person mr M but i will waste my time more if u canont figure it out..

slangee , an bogstame a hughistime!

rod28

Message Posted:
05/10/2011 00:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 65 in Discussion

one las thing, pleased be annoyed the only time i hav time for this is when iam drunk, otherwise i have better things 2 do, i could be pedantic i could do what u are doing now!

there was a time,while ido not agree with,u had anargument worth listening 2, and i would say vive lev difference

but now ido not know

someone puts an honest post up and u hijack it

it either goes off thread or u close it

veritas in vin o

or u will correct us romans go...?

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
05/10/2011 00:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 65 in Discussion

Rod28

It is a waste of time trying Gaelic on me.. :( I'm was an Ulster Prodie kid brought up at a school that 'taught' us British history, that we were 'British' ..bla bla.. My friends Kevin and Paul Murphy were taught Irish history and Gaelic and that they were 'Irish' .... such was life - when we hit 5 and went to school - it was a different world for us both :(

Lastly, I *was* educated well enough to notice that I wasn't picking up anyone up on their written Russian, any way ... ;)

proger1

Message Posted:
05/10/2011 08:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 65 in Discussion

Mark, with regards to your last couple of posts:

You said,It is regretful but my behavior is to blame, what is wrong with you, why should 2 innocent people, one of them my daughter be abused just because people don't like the way I post and they have made an incorrect assumption that I am acting as all three posters.

Please enlighten me with my postings that you feel deserve an apology that you think should be a prerequisite for you for an apology for abusing the innocent.

I don't like you and I don't like the way you behave, I tried to stay away from the forum because I released it could cause friction but certain individuals did their best to provoke me and attacking my daughters abilities for trying to help her father did the job.

In your last comment of post 29 you are attempting redirection, do you think the comments in post 10 are not condemning enough for all to see that you are boosting the nasty comments.

proger1

Message Posted:
05/10/2011 08:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 65 in Discussion

I tell you what, if you can point me to the threads were any of yourself, Clarissa2 or RussianBabe believe I abused the innocent that I have not already apologised in for doing so I will gladly send my sorries, I will not make the three of you have to do anything in return which is normally one of your clauses.

I would just ask that if you want to abuse or attack me in a public forum in the future just write my name and ask me to come and play with you, do not attack my daughter or other innocent parties who just happen to know me or might have actually worked for me.

You 3 made an assumption that caused my daughter (if you really were a 17 year old girl once, Clarissa you would probably know this) threaten to pack her bags and leave just because she thought I had taken your sides about the Russian translation she did when I asked for the third time to fix what was wrong and she genuinely didn't see a problem.

cont.

proger1

Message Posted:
05/10/2011 08:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 65 in Discussion

Just because we are all thick skinned and obnoxious because we feel we have every right to be is not an excuse to abuse those people who do take things more seriously than us.

I witnessed first hand last night how someone who hasn't got life's battle scars yet reacts to comments meant to hurt in public, granted that a teenager will probably react much worse because of the age they are at but that is a reason for their return comments being abrupt, not an excuse for adults to chastise them after insulting them in the first place.

For the tears I went through with my daughter and for the arguments with my wife for causing her to feel that way, I will not comment on any of you and your type of people again, I will try to help those that I can and will ask questions when I need to apart from that I am just another chair in the corner from now on.

My final comment is this, I am staying away from you, if you ever attack my daughter again though, I will find you.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
05/10/2011 09:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 65 in Discussion

Paul

if only your final comments WERE 'final'..

They normally result in threats - and true to form - they have ..again..

babydoll

Message Posted:
05/10/2011 12:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 65 in Discussion

message 32 is clearly a threat ban him mods for life we do not need this behavior on this forum Cyprus 44 is going downhill this needs to be nipped in the bud

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
05/10/2011 13:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 65 in Discussion

The trouble is on this board a lot of members are destructive rather than constructive. There must be an awful lot of angry people out there have no other outlet to vent their anger than on this board.

Human beings? don't make laugh.

nicola

Message Posted:
05/10/2011 14:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 65 in Discussion

That is because they are stuck in second rate villas in a third world country trying to convince the world and his wife, not to mention his dog, that they are happy lol. They need to explode and this forum is the perfect outlet.

TIN HAT AT THE READY LOL.

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
05/10/2011 20:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 65 in Discussion

nicola

Re message 36

Bit of a sweeping statement do you not think?

Some of the worst offenders are those that live in the UK and only come here for holidays.

How is Portugal these days? A nice cheap place to live?

nicola

Message Posted:
06/10/2011 22:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 65 in Discussion

Alsancakjack, Portugal is lovely, spotlessly clean beaches, no abused skinny stray dogs, we have a dog warden, the stray are not starved or abused, infact the people put out dishes of food for the strays. You can walk your dog anywhere without the fear of being poisoned, the streets are litter free and swept every morning and night, the driving here is very safe and the people talk proper lessons, the roads are 1st class.

When you purchase a property here it is yours, not the banks or the builders, the infrastructure has to be in place before a builder is allowed to build, ie the electric, gas and water and the road must be tarmaced and pavemented with street lighting that works. Yes villas etc here are more expensive but the build quality is first rate.

The authorities do not impound your car and as long as you have EU your medical treatment is free. When you go into a supermarket you are not ripped off at the tills.

To sum up, Portugal is a civilised country with laws.

hattikins

Message Posted:
06/10/2011 22:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 39 of 65 in Discussion

Great, so why are you on here?

nicola

Message Posted:
06/10/2011 22:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 40 of 65 in Discussion

Portugal is cheaper than N.Cyprus in many ways, you do not get ripped off for starters, there are expensive restaurants and less expensive ones, there are cafes that are that are not greasy spoons that serve all manner of foods, pastries etc etc, some very cheap others again a little more expensive, many of the bars sell a pint of super bock (the local lager, equiv to efes) for 1 euro, much cheaper than over there.

Pingo Doce is the local supermarket and is like a local Marks and Spencer, quality produce at normal prices, not inflated rip offs for rubbish Iceland produce, and so on it goes. Hope that answers your question.

nicola

Message Posted:
06/10/2011 22:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 41 of 65 in Discussion

Hattikins why should I not post on here, I have interests in the whole of Cyprus. Why don't you come to Portugal?

0maintenance

Message Posted:
06/10/2011 22:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 42 of 65 in Discussion

nicola

say hello to the other half from me ;)

daisy dukes

Message Posted:
06/10/2011 22:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 43 of 65 in Discussion

All this for a simple bloody question....All the Bizniz guide person asked for was a bit of help on checking out the Russian translation.....and it's turned into WW3!!!

Jeez.....i get so saddened by the way some folk just seem to live for confrontations..Alice....chin up love...it's only cyber world....xx

DD

hattikins

Message Posted:
06/10/2011 22:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 44 of 65 in Discussion

Nicola

Because I am quite happy here thank you very much, I just don't understand people who just come on here to slag the place off, it's simple really, I hate the Canary Islands so I don't bother commenting on them.Each to their own I suppose.

0maintenance

Message Posted:
06/10/2011 22:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 45 of 65 in Discussion

Message 39

maybe some folk are clever .

put a nice chunk of money in the bank here on a high interest rate and live else where.

Sounds good to me !

spend the interest in another country

hattikins

Message Posted:
06/10/2011 22:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 46 of 65 in Discussion

Why don't you two try it then.

0maintenance

Message Posted:
06/10/2011 22:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 47 of 65 in Discussion

We just mind our own business ;)

Turtle

Message Posted:
06/10/2011 22:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 48 of 65 in Discussion

Portugal,.....isnt that place bankrupt ?

nicola

Message Posted:
06/10/2011 22:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 49 of 65 in Discussion

coming from someone in the trnc that's rich lol

hattikins

Message Posted:
06/10/2011 22:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 50 of 65 in Discussion

Turtle

Do you fancy swapping that wad of Euros for a balloon and a plastic windmill, one time offer my boy.

Turtle

Message Posted:
06/10/2011 22:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 51 of 65 in Discussion

Nah,...I give that one a miss

hattikins

Message Posted:
06/10/2011 23:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 52 of 65 in Discussion

OK, and a can of Efes.

Turtle

Message Posted:
06/10/2011 23:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 53 of 65 in Discussion

You should be in bed by now Lady

0maintenance

Message Posted:
06/10/2011 23:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 54 of 65 in Discussion

Ohh, gone up in the world,Efes now !

nicola

Message Posted:
07/10/2011 09:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 55 of 65 in Discussion

Hattikins you are clearly very bitter with your lot in N. Cyprus and you need some therapy, come to Portugal and enjoy life

hattikins

Message Posted:
07/10/2011 09:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 56 of 65 in Discussion

Nicola, nothing could be further from the truth, I am very happy here and have a good life. There are a few people I could think of on this forum who could use some therapy but that's their problem.

As I have said before I just don't understand why anyone who obviously hates TRNC spends so much time on the forum, usually slagging it off. In my opinion, and experience, the ones who are bitter are the ones who bought here (cheap) and expected to make a fast buck, as you claim to have property on both sids of the island I would presume that you are one of these people.

Anyway I have better things to do with my time than to chew the fat with the likes of you, I actually find you quite irritating and boring.

nicola

Message Posted:
07/10/2011 09:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 57 of 65 in Discussion

lol, you confirm my thoughts entirely with that post.

btw, I do not hate Cyprus, in fact I quite enjoyed my time there and may return one day however, I am not one of the rose tinted glass brigade who think all is wonderful.

You are clearly in the 'I'm alright jack' set and bugger everyone else, that says so much about you, spare a thought for those who are in the other camp.

Maybe I should change the adjective I bestowed upon you, selfish would be more appropriate.

0maintenance

Message Posted:
07/10/2011 09:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 58 of 65 in Discussion

Good morning Nicola.

I see nothing changes,the same culprits are still at it and never give up,quite ironic actually that they all like to try and blame David for bringing the forum to low standards and yet it is still the same old bunch of people and he has not been on here for maybe 2 weeks.

Hope all is good for you

what does chew the fat mean , some folk have some wonderful ways of communicating,sounds like something out of a xxx movie ,people still like to respond but say irritating and boring,strange really,who are they talkin about ?

hattikins

Message Posted:
07/10/2011 09:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 59 of 65 in Discussion

My last word to you on this subject. I do not wear rose tinted glasses, I know that things are far from perfect, I am not one of the I'm alright Jack brigade, I am disgusted at how some people have been treated with regard to their property and support them in every way I can, both morally and financially.

BUT, I will not feel guilty because things went well for us and that we are happy, contrary to what some people think there are many people in the same position as us but that doesn't stop us caring about those less fortunate

nicola

Message Posted:
07/10/2011 10:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 60 of 65 in Discussion

hattikins, you should be living in Egypt because you are in denial.

0maintenance

Message Posted:
07/10/2011 10:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 61 of 65 in Discussion

Im sure some one said in message 56 this.

Anyway I have better things to do with my time than to chew the fat with the likes of you, I actually find you quite irritating and boring

what does chew the fat mean?

joandjelly

Message Posted:
07/10/2011 11:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 62 of 65 in Discussion

This thread went off topic ages ago so why the hell is it still running just for people to tear strips off each other. What are the mods thinking???

nicola

Message Posted:
07/10/2011 11:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 63 of 65 in Discussion

I agree, who took it off topic, AJ a previous mod on this forum, funny eh lol.

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
07/10/2011 15:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 64 of 65 in Discussion

Nicola

ref message 40: Everyone said that about Spain a few years ago, and by the way I would be very worried if I lived anywhere in the EU at the moment.

Portugal move

Moody's also cut its rating on nine Portuguese banks.

"The key driver for the downgrades of most banks' debt and deposit ratings is Moody's assessment of the deterioration of their unsupported financial strength," said the ratings agency.

Moody's said it expected a further deterioration of the banks' domestic asset quality due to a weak economic growth outlook and government austerity measures, and liquidity strains due to a lack of access to wholesale funding.

The firm said if recapitalisation and deleveraging plans for the banks were successful they would help to restore confidence in them.

"However, Moody's believes that these plans face significant implementation risks," it said.

Oh and with regards to me taking the thread 'off topic' it takes two to tango.

simbas

Message Posted:
07/10/2011 16:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 65 of 65 in Discussion

Ok , Ok , keep on topic , and keep it friendly . you can get your point across , without getting unpleasant

Simbas

Ps , keep forgetting to sign out when i am not here , apologies

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.