North Cyprus Tourist Board - New Road to Karpaz Excellent
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > New Road to Karpaz Excellent

New Road to Karpaz Excellent

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

dublinderm

Message Posted:
04/10/2011 20:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Firstly there are TWO new roads open.

Both are via Catalkoy and Karakum through Alagadi. When you get to the T junction turn LEFT. After a while you will be greeted by a choice to go to BAFRA or Yeni Erenkoy. The Yeni Erenkoy route is currently marked as being closed to traffic, but we started at the other end where the signs were in Turkish only. Ooops silly me!! It is without doubt the most magnificent scenery I have seen in a long time with only three houses and a few 'holiday homes' scattered along the route. No building sites or piles of plastic bottles (yet!).

The other route to Bafra comes out at Cayirova and is excellent for anyone wanting to go there rather than further up the Karpaz.

Enjoy.

DD

jock1

Message Posted:
04/10/2011 20:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

i was on here a few month back saying the same thing DD, its a great route different scenery altogether, we done the route often, stopped off and explored the area along the coast some lovely crooks and crannies to come across.

Jonesy299

Message Posted:
05/10/2011 01:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Jock - freudian slip (could easily have been crooks and nannies) - I think you meant 'nooks and crannies' (but I preferred your original take!!

Henky

Message Posted:
05/10/2011 03:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Sorry to digress from the thread:

Jock, you are the image of Frank McAvennie

If you were Frank, that freudian slip could have read crooks and something else that rhymes with nannies!

dippersgirl

Message Posted:
05/10/2011 14:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

The road to Dipkarpaz (Home of Damla Restaurant and the Tractor Safari) is very good now. I did not find the road closed to Yenierenköy and the journey to Nicosia took 1 1/2 hours

dublinderm

Message Posted:
05/10/2011 15:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Hi again,

The newer road I a referring to is from Ziyamet along the North Coast to Tatlisu/Esentepe and onwards to Girne. It is 'officially' not open to traffic yet, but in the way of things Cypriot you will just get a friendly wave from the workers doing finishing works.

Beware there are no road markings or signs of any nature, and the barriers are not complete so driving at night or during reduced visibilty may be hazardous.

The journey time from Yeni Erenkoy to Girne 1 hr 30 mins a reduction of about 45 mins from the 'old' route. Similarly, the route to Bafra takes about 30 mins of the old route via Getcitkale.

DD

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.