North Cyprus Tourist Board - HONEST good reliable LAWYERS
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > HONEST good reliable LAWYERS

HONEST good reliable LAWYERS

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Lawyer Discussions posted so far

» Law Firms on Cyprus44 Business Directory

dearie

Message Posted:
05/10/2011 11:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 18 in Discussion

Yes I can safely say those words in the same sentence.

I have used the services of S aand A Advocates in KARAKUM on two occasions now and have not been disappointed.

SO if you need the services of lawyers for the first time here in N. Cyprus or have been let down by others why not give S an A a try.

They can be found above the Off Licence opposite the LEMAR car park in Karakum.

Telephone NO. 0392 822 46 66 or Mobile 0533 872 28 21

e mail info@sa-advocates.com

...............................................................................................................................................................

...............................................................................................................................................................

twoofus

Message Posted:
05/10/2011 12:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 18 in Discussion

dearie, when you find one, let me know!

dearie

Message Posted:
05/10/2011 12:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 18 in Discussion

I did find one that's why I am letting you know. I PERSONALLY can only speak from MY experience. There are decent people here and I have found a few. These lawyers have been good for me. I cannot say anymore

decanddyl

Message Posted:
05/10/2011 12:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 18 in Discussion

Advocates??????

elko2

Message Posted:
05/10/2011 13:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 18 in Discussion

Dearie,

Nice to know that you are pleased with your advocate. Would you like to share your experience with us i.e. what sort of problem they handled, did you have any litigation, did the other side put up a fight etc. etc.?

I know many clients who are very pleased with their advocates because they had their Sale Contract signed and sealed and all the money paid same day i.e. everything went very smoothly. Based on such experience they recommended their advocates to many friends. Only years later they faced many problems e.g. the vendor was not the owner of the land or the vendor was refusing to hand over the title deeds and there was nothing they could do about it because they paid all the money before receiving the title deeds etc. etc.

ismet

dearie

Message Posted:
05/10/2011 14:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 18 in Discussion

Ismet thanks for your inquiry my legal needs were conveyancing - they dealt with the sale of my house.

The other would have been a criminal case had it gone to court - fortunately I didn't need to take that route it was settled out of court.

betty&necip

Message Posted:
05/10/2011 16:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 18 in Discussion

BHLEX lawyers are excellent. they are located near the public hospital in Dovec Houses. Their number is 03928157040

elko2

Message Posted:
05/10/2011 17:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 18 in Discussion

I happen to know many lawyers and in fact I know too much hence my reluctance to recommend any.

We come across the same old recommendations usualy based on very little experience as I explained above in post no. 5.

If you want an advocate for conveyancing try to get an independent one and ask them to protect your interests first. That means that you must pay them even if there is no deal, otherwise they will compromise your interest to get a deal and get your money. Does that make sense?

If you want an advocate for litigation, look for an experienced one and normaly keep away from those involved with easy money "copy and paste" conveyancing jobs for high fees. Does that make sense?

Unfortunately many buyers become blind when they decide to buy and will send their common sense on holiday. Like some youngsters who fall in love

ismet

Earlybird

Message Posted:
05/10/2011 19:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 18 in Discussion

Very unusual to see those four words together in one sentence " Honest Good Reliable Lawyer" in the TRNC! Mind you we all thought that until we didn't get our title deeds.

wynyardman

Message Posted:
05/10/2011 19:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 18 in Discussion

Dearie, oh Dearie,

It is the system that is corrupt. However well meaning the individual Advocate, they are drawn into a

system that overwhelms them.

Shameful really!

wynyardman

Bradus

Message Posted:
05/10/2011 19:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 18 in Discussion

Dearie,

have you got your deeds yet?

kittyfun

Message Posted:
05/10/2011 22:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 18 in Discussion

I think she said in message 6 - she sold her house so does it matter ?

Groucho

Message Posted:
05/10/2011 23:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 18 in Discussion

Here's the thing, most advocates are OK until it goes tits-up, then it's a shrug of the shoulders "what do you want me to do?"... To which the answer should be, "Do what I've already paid you for". Which leads to absolutely nothing, no action, no satisfaction and eventually you find that as you have no written contract with the lawyer there's nothing you can do about it because they have no duty of care - even though you thought you'd employed their professional services.

TRNCvictim

Message Posted:
05/10/2011 23:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 18 in Discussion

Mess 1

Do honest reliable lawyers exist in the TRNC?

I personally don't know of any :-(

Bradus

Message Posted:
05/10/2011 23:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 18 in Discussion

kittyfun,

Only if she never got her deeds as builder refused to handover.

If this was the case you really should not be recommending advocates that have not seen the whole buying process through to the end.

Deniz1

Message Posted:
06/10/2011 06:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 18 in Discussion

As i have said before many times Funda Kusadali is very good and trustworthy.

Bradus

Message Posted:
06/10/2011 12:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 18 in Discussion

Although it is important to hire an efficient, reliable advocate and certainly one that is not in cahoots with the developer, it really has little bearing if the loopholes within the law remain wide open. It means that the advocates hands are often tied so that they are in the same uncompromising position as the buyer.

Can they MAKE builders hand over deeds? No. Even the courts appear to struggle to enforce this.

Can they make the builder finish the build? No they can negotiate and play mediator but judging by the case studies we read and the amount of derelict buildings dotted all over the island there is little success in this area.

Can they do anything about memorandums being placed on your paid for property? Sadly no. This can happen after the searches have been done.

Finally even if they successfully win in court it appears that any financial compensation awarded to you can be ignored.

In short even if advocates wanted to be "reliable" the system is against this.

elko2

Message Posted:
06/10/2011 14:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 18 in Discussion

msg. 17, Bradus,

I agree with much of what you say with the following provisions:

1. The Specific Performance Law has not been tested in the High Court for its validity wrt off plan sales and those that require PTP i.e. in those cases where it is impossible to start litigation within two months of the contract.

2. The effect and priority of a memorandum over the buyer in prior registered cases has not been tested in the High Court.

3. Court awards can be enforced if the other side has assets or has sufficient earnings to force him to pay by monthly installments. So security condition in the contract should take priority but most sellers will reject this point blank as long as they can find buyers that accept their conditions. The advocates keep quiet on this because otherwise there will be no deal and no fee for the advocate. The buyer will simply go to another "good" advocate and have the contract signed and sealed within a day.

ismet

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.