North Cyprus Tourist Board - NZ Catching Up With TRNC
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > NZ Catching Up With TRNC

NZ Catching Up With TRNC

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

Brinsley

Message Posted:
07/10/2011 02:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 3 in Discussion

This story has a TRNC Government ring about.

My first (paper) NZ driving licence, issued 30/9/82, expiry date 30/11/26 (payed for at time of issue) is no longer valid as it needs to be upgraded to a plastic with picture one. So far so good; "where do I post off my old one with photograph for the new one?" I ask Mr Policeman, "You don't", came the reply, "you've got to take a new test, practical & written and if you pass, it only lasts ten years. You have to pay for both test and new licence and once again on renewal."!

Another corrupt Government changing the law to screw its people even further to cover up their ill managed finances, so don't feel alone TRNC's!

Richard

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
07/10/2011 07:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 3 in Discussion

I've got a paper one, too, Richard - would have, if still valid, run out in a coupla three years.

Has NZ become so PC now that everyone will accept this sort of sh1t without protest?

Doesn't this mean that practically the whole driving population in NZ will have to renew their licences and take a new test?

Elaborate please........???

Brinsley

Message Posted:
07/10/2011 08:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 3 in Discussion

Roy

The law changed in 1999 and there was uproar however, with true Kiwi apathy protest died within weeks.

The update is:- The AA is now in charge of vehicle licence renewals or upgrades and contrary to Mr Plod, no new tests are required, just $49 on varying scale down from 65 years of age from a maximum of ten years expiry date of the licence. The AA take the photograph with proof of ID, bank details & address along with your dosh!!

Richard

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.