North Cyprus Tourist Board - Studying IGCSE Mathematics Extended (Cambridge)in Lefkosa,North Cyprus
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Studying IGCSE Mathematics Extended (Cambridge)in Lefkosa,North Cyprus

Studying IGCSE Mathematics Extended (Cambridge)in Lefkosa,North Cyprus

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» All threads about Internet issues in North Cyprus

» Computers & Internet on Cyprus44 Business Directory

» Read about North Nicosia Cyprus

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

TigerTurk

Message Posted:
07/10/2011 18:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 2 in Discussion

I noticed that there are two books entirely, one mathematics core and one mathematics extended in the Heinemann books endorsed by cambridge, but the cambridge book from hodder education is all in one. If core is paper 1 and 3, and extended is 2 and 4, does that mean i only study the extended curriculum, or will core material come up in the paper too??? I am studying from home, and will hopefully get a tutor soon.

Groucho

Message Posted:
08/10/2011 10:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 2 in Discussion

Have a look at this CIE site. Here is the link to the IGCSE subjects that they offer http://www.cie.org.uk/qualifications/academic/middlesec/igcse/subjects

Select the correct subject and download the syllabus for the year that you will be sitting the exam, it will tell you which topics must be studied. Also download the past exam paper and mark scheme so you will know what to expect in the exam. You should also be able to search the internet for past exam papers and mark schemes, these are invaluable when getting ready for your exam. My children sat the Edexcel extended maths exam and they had to sit both core and extended papers.

Hope that helps.

Mrs G

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.