North Cyprus Tourist Board - Pre-paid Mobile - Best deal?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Pre-paid Mobile - Best deal?

Pre-paid Mobile - Best deal?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

AussieLass

Message Posted:
08/10/2011 18:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Hi all,

Does anyone know a good deal on pre-paid mobile?

I am with Turkcell and even though I only send text messages I am topping up credit constantly

Are there any good pre-paid bonus deals etc with any of the local mobile carriers?

erolz

Message Posted:
08/10/2011 19:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

If all you are doing is sending SMS messages then it might be better to go on pay monthly with Turk Cell and use their 'SMS' packages. 100 SMS per month for 8TL or 10000 for 12TL (who uses 10000 sms in a month ??). You can get these packages on pre paid , the 100 SMS one is 160 units on pre paid , but value wise paying monthly works out cheaper.

KKTCELL (turk cell in cyprus) have a pretty good website in english which you can get here (this is the page for the sms packages)

http://www.kktcell.com/pages/2324.aspx

Telsim Cyprus also have a website but not in english which can be found here.

http://www.kktctelsim.com/

AussieLass

Message Posted:
08/10/2011 19:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Thansk Erolz.... I've had a look on the website and I am a bit lost in regards to the units.

100 SMS per month for 8TL is 160 units on prepaid.

What is a unit, how much does it cost and how does it relate to the plan?

Any help is appreciated.

erolz

Message Posted:
08/10/2011 20:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

With prepaid you buy units (kontor) and everything is billed in these units. Be that indivdual sms and calls per mintue or 'packages'.

Unfortunately I do not know what the current price is for buying units. In general though paying this way is usually more expsnive than paying by 'contract', where you get a monthly bill. With pay monthly the prices for indivdual things like sms message or price per minute of call to given type of number is in TL.

If someone can tell us what the price of say 200 units is, then you can work out if the '100 sms' package is any cheaper on pre paid than pay monthly. Maybe it is same price but I suspect its more expensive on pre paid, that is 160 units cost more than 8TL

I hope that makes some kind of sense ?

erolz

Message Posted:
08/10/2011 20:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

It seems insanely hard to find the actul price of units/kontor online for KKTCELL. I have found this

http://www.ydusozluk.com/sozluk.php?process=eid&eid=8248

Which if it is accurate says 200 units (kontor) cost 10 TL. THis makes sense in that it would mean that 160 units, the pre paid unit price of the 100 SMS messages package, would be 8TL, the same price as if you paid monthly.

The standard unit price for an SMS message to TRNC or Turkey is 4 units prepaid (.20tl pay monthly). To elsewhere its 7 units. So if you make more than 40 sms messages to TRNC or Turkey in a month , the package deal is better but if you make less its worse value. If you make more than 23 smsm to outside TRNC / Turkey per month then the package is better value. If its a combination of in TRNC/Turkey and outside you can do your own calculations

So seems pre paid or pay monthly cost is same. As to if a given package is better value than standard rates, depends on your usage.

AussieLass

Message Posted:
08/10/2011 21:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Wow!!! Very comprehensive reply! Thank you very much :o)

keithcaley

Message Posted:
09/10/2011 13:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

The price went up by 20% some time ago -

i.e. now 6TL for 100 kontors, 12TL for 200, & so on...

It looks as though they didn't get round to updating the website - fairly common here, I'm afraid...

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.