North Cyprus Tourist Board - Residency renewal at Girne this morning
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Residency renewal at Girne this morning

Residency renewal at Girne this morning

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Residence Permits

» Read about Work Permits

Panchocat

Message Posted:
11/10/2011 12:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 89 in Discussion

Well I guess it's just a morning and in the scheme of things what's a morning? But it could be so much less frustrating.

Easy being at the police station to get a number at 7am. Ticket 2 English secured, seen by 8:30. Good so far

But this year you can only get the blood test paperwork from the state hospital and we were told that the blood test could only be done there. "The clinics have made mistakes." Deep joy! Long queue, another list to sign to get the paperwork and lots of queue jumping by non-English speakers, then up to the Lab, another queue but people jumped in so there were 6 in the room at once and 6 people's samples being done by one person, rubber glove used as tourniquet, same gloves worn for every sample taken. Sterile? Then on to X ray for the chest x ray. The couple who were at the police station at 6am were sent off to the lab on the Bellapais road for theirs. Why?

We all met up again at the police station at 11:45 and we were there before them so got seen fir

Deniz1

Message Posted:
11/10/2011 13:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 89 in Discussion

It would make a good tv programme!

misunderstood

Message Posted:
11/10/2011 13:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 89 in Discussion

What happened to being able to use private clinics?

Panchocat

Message Posted:
11/10/2011 13:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 89 in Discussion

Mmmm! Agree with that.

Which genre would it be though? Reality, Comedy, Horror, Tragedy, Serial, Drama or Farce?

My last word above was first, by the way!

Which I am sure everybody would guess

Cazleo

Message Posted:
11/10/2011 13:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 89 in Discussion

Seriously we are back to the State hospital for blood test and X-ray? Did you have to go Lefkosa state hospital for it?

Was the x-ray any better than the first one I had done 8 years ago, where they had the queue of people in the x-ray room so you could see they never once changed the film, if there was ever any there in the first place!

How worrying that the huge number of cliincs here are apparently all making mistakes!!!!!

Panchocat

Message Posted:
11/10/2011 13:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 89 in Discussion

misunderstud, the immigration officer told us that the clinics had made mistakes. So this year the rule was that blood tests could only be done at the hospital.

But why were the other couple then sent on from the hospital, with the paperwork, to the Bellapais clinic whilst we were seen at the hospital?

We had a chest x ray but the couple at Bellapais had the jab, presumably both for TB.

We all paid the same amount 135TL.

Panchocat

Message Posted:
11/10/2011 13:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 89 in Discussion

Well, Claire, there was only us in the room, I hope there was film in it!

Be interesting when we pick up the results. Will they all be ready together I wonder?

It was the state hospital in Girne, and it looked like the floors hadn't been cleaned for months.

Ralph96

Message Posted:
11/10/2011 13:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 89 in Discussion

Its nice to see celebrities not receiving preferential treatment.

Panchocat

Message Posted:
11/10/2011 13:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 89 in Discussion

Steve from one celebrity to another!

misunderstood

Message Posted:
11/10/2011 13:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 89 in Discussion

Nothing to do with the state hospital ergo the govt wanting the money then?

nurseawful

Message Posted:
11/10/2011 13:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 89 in Discussion

Panchocat,

We went the end of August and I had my blood done at the lab round the corner and didn't have to have an x-ray so when did they start that again?

We did the x-ray bit along with the stool sample 7 years ago and then they ditched it.

Chris

Panchocat

Message Posted:
11/10/2011 14:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 89 in Discussion

I know Chris, seemed like a backward step to us too.

I am not sure when they started/restarted it, only know that that was the rule this morning when we went.

Also really couldn't understand why we were all told that it had to be done at the hospital and then the hospital sent the couple in front of us to the clinic.

We all had to go to the hospital and queue for the necessary paperwork though.

joandjelly

Message Posted:
11/10/2011 15:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 89 in Discussion

How on earth would Immigration know that mistakes had been made? Surely they would take the results as read unless a clinic subsequently told them a mistake had been made. Perhaps they are just trying to make money for the state hospital as we only paid 80TL to the clinic near Kombos in July this year.

pembecik

Message Posted:
11/10/2011 15:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 89 in Discussion

Well for me personally I will not do another residency, and the next would be my 12th stamp, and still they make you feel like a common criminal at the police station immigration. I would rather go over to Turkey for a break every 3 months or back to the uk a little more, than be pushed and shoved around some grim corridor at a hospital on a hot day. The TRNC has certainly lost much of its charm over the last few years and if I was just arriving here as I did all those years ago, I certainly wouldn't be staying as long.

carian

Message Posted:
11/10/2011 15:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 89 in Discussion

It seems as though they are taking a backward step to the old days. Like someone said the x-ray was a joke, I've never known anyone have a chest x-ray full clothed!! I worked in A & E, and if we ever sent someone for a chest x-ray and they were fully dressed, they were sent back until they were given a gown to wear.

Tango1

Message Posted:
11/10/2011 15:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 89 in Discussion

I agree Msg. 15 - it's back to the bad old days of 7 years ago. Hygiene and sterilisation none existant. Certainly there were no x-ray plates being changed in those days. Staff didn't protect themselves from rays, I was decked out in metal i.e. jewellery and the bloke in front of me had a metal cigar case in his top pocket - nobody cared a damn. When the blood was taken I was horrified by the lack of hygiene control and the probability of cross infection was horrendous. Back to the 19th Century it would appear!!

Deniz1

Message Posted:
11/10/2011 16:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 89 in Discussion

Msg 4 All of them i think!

yrret

Message Posted:
11/10/2011 16:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 89 in Discussion

I think you are all being a little negative about this.

I have every confidence that this is a step change in the right direction, led by people who know their subject intimately, and have carefully accesses action, reaction, risk and consequence. Or was it Mehmet's cousin who came up with the idea after a 10 minute brain cell (note the singular) storming session.

As usual, gives us our daily laugh.

I am sure the reality will be that one lab got most of the business, so the other kids got together at playtime and told teacher.

scruff

Message Posted:
11/10/2011 17:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 89 in Discussion

yrret. I do have to ask this, but were you here when all these tests had to be done at Lefkosa State Hospital & do you have to have them done now ?

I had my first & only tests done at Lefkosa in 2002. The queues were horrendous for the blood test & the Xray was a farce. The cost back then was diabolical, compared to the cost & convenience of using the labs. In fact if we hadn't had a fluent in Turkish speaker (friend) with us, I doubt if we would ever have got the blood test done.

The change was made because the State Hospital couldn't cope with the volume of new residents & this was delaying the entire residency process at Lefkosa too, which was also dire at the old building back then.

I now longer have to have these tests due to age (until they move the goalposts again, that it) but I feel really sorry for those that do. It's a backward step.

If the Labs are getting results wrong, then it bodes badly for those that need private blood test done.

ctd.

negativenick

Message Posted:
11/10/2011 17:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 89 in Discussion

the place is a bleedin farce....

if all the expats fecked off home they'd all be out of a job, then what ? back to the donky carts.............

scruff

Message Posted:
11/10/2011 17:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 89 in Discussion

ctd.

If mistakes have been made, then penalise the Labs involved by taking away their licences.

Instead of that a stupid & retrograde move.

The final stage of Residency has been much improved at Lefkosa if reports are to be believed, but The Girne PS experience which was always fairly easy & painless & the medical tests, now extended, have just moved backwards............. again.

Deniz1

Message Posted:
11/10/2011 17:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 89 in Discussion

Those were the days! Getting to the immigration office at 5am to put your name on a piece of cardboard torn off a box and sticking out of the letterbox. Then waiting uuntil 8.30 to get a ticket.

Terrible conditions at the hospital for blood tests and x rays.

Three weeks later back to immigration wait in line up the stairs for 3 hours, go to three differents offices and then get your visa. Here we go again!

Cazleo

Message Posted:
11/10/2011 18:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 89 in Discussion

Scruff, I think Yrret was being sarcastic

yrret

Message Posted:
11/10/2011 18:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 89 in Discussion

scruff msg #19

Yes i have the annual test, didn't back in 2002 as wasn't resident them.

Para #3 - Exactly, the hospital couldn't cope then, but of course everyone will have forgot this by the following afternoon, let alone this far down the line.

Para #5 and msg 21 para #1- of course they have no idea of the results are wrong, how many times do you know of a second sample being tested independently by immigration to confirm results - like anyone there would be capable of thinking of this.

Re-newed ours in Aug, 30 mins at PS, and less at Nic to collect.

Bottom line though is it's all bollocks. People here have tests, yet anyone can come on holiday, for 3 months, then leave for a short while, than another 3 months etc etc. shagging their way round all the night clubs or other locations, and no checks.

matula

Message Posted:
11/10/2011 19:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 89 in Discussion

When I read posts re.residency I am so glad I have made the decision to leave TRNC and return to the UK.The residency renewal was my pet hate. Enjoy! Enjoy!

scruff

Message Posted:
11/10/2011 19:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 89 in Discussion

sorry yrett. msgs 18 & 24. I missed the irony of your post - embarassed smiley.

As Deniz1 says, you can have no conception about how bad this was in the days of the old building.

Year 2. I was literally in tears due to frustration & anger, having queued for hours, only to be turned away with 'come back tomorrow'. It took me a month before I went back. That was the only good part then. You could leave it months to do the Lefkosa bit, since no one cared or checked. No going South back then.

msg. 23. I can see this now - another embarassed smiley.

Twinkletoes

Message Posted:
11/10/2011 19:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 89 in Discussion

I went yesterday with a Cypriot friend. Apparently the problem was that the lab near HSBC was getting 90% of the lab work needed for residency etc. The other labs complained so it was then agreed that the general hospital would fairly dole out which lab to send you to so every lab gets a shot at making some money.

Unfortunately, in their infinite wisdom, they think us brighter folk are too stupid to realise that they just wanted a slice of the action. The original fee was 70tl paid to the lab - now the fee, as of yesterday, is 135tl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And you pay that to the hospital when they tell you which lab to go to.

See what I mean???

Twinkletoes

yrret

Message Posted:
11/10/2011 20:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 89 in Discussion

Cazleo - msg 23 - remind me never to challenge you to the Times cryptic crossword - lol!

Twinkletoes - msg 27 - As one lab was getting all the work, I wonder if it occurred to the others to have same prices, or same service.

System now is as usual here open to even more abuse, just takes on lab to pay off someone on the hospital and all the work goes to one again. At least previously people were voting with their feet.

You know, for generations here, people were told what to do by their GC cousins, choice was taken from them and they resented it. Now, behold, the system has returned, no free market economy, just a potential for a 'go to my cousin' system.

Wait a minute though, I might have a solution to another problem here:

If people went to the minister of detached 3 bed villas, or the minister of 2 bed appts etc etc and were instructed which builder to buy from, maybe the housing problem could be solved too in the same manner. I think we could be onto something here.

Tango1

Message Posted:
11/10/2011 20:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 89 in Discussion

Two years ago my hsuband had to have a blood sample taken and eventually we went down South for the possible treatment. The consultant took one look at the Lab results and rushed my husband down to another Lab in the South hospital saying as he did so "with these results you should be dead" Another test was taken there and then and all was OK. Unfortunately the lab results from the clinic near the HSBC had been typed with decimal points in the wrong place. Panic Over. BTW it may have something to do with it, but once upon a time the clinic in question used to give 20% off (or it may have been 10%) to anyone presenting a BRS card.

newscoop

Message Posted:
11/10/2011 20:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 89 in Discussion

It's not April 1st is it?

Seriously though, ludicrous just can't begin to describe it.

Never mind a friend does anyone know officially?

Bradus

Message Posted:
11/10/2011 21:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 89 in Discussion

Reads like a carry on film script.

Seriously though. If people come to take blood and they have not washed/gelled their hands and put on clean gloves between every patient, ask them to do this before touching you. Ignoring this essential infection control standard puts you at risk of blood borne viruses.

They will then be quick to refuse your residency.

rejela

Message Posted:
11/10/2011 21:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 89 in Discussion

Is it acceptable practice to have x ray's taken every year, for none emergency reasons? I understood that x ray exposure is cumulative and the more exposure the greater the danger to cancer. A yearly medical with x ray, can only increase peoples chances of developing serious illness.

LooseBoots

Message Posted:
11/10/2011 21:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 89 in Discussion

I thought it was the case with the TB jabs that if done every year there was a build up.

erolz

Message Posted:
11/10/2011 21:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 89 in Discussion

http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/physical_health/conditions/xraysfrequency.shtml

"The exact dose of radiation depends on the nature of the x-ray but, for example, a chest x-ray is the equivalent of just a few days of natural background radiation. This corresponds to a less than one in 1 million additional risk of developing cancer (a very tiny increase when you realise that we have a one in three chance of getting cancer anyway)."

"This means that even if you had chest x-rays taken every week, the increased risk wouldn't be very much."

stockiefan

Message Posted:
11/10/2011 21:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 89 in Discussion

You coulden't make this crap up!!! What a backward country and race we live in!!!

Cazleo

Message Posted:
11/10/2011 21:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 89 in Discussion

Erol, it wouldn't be so bad if they actually put film in the X-ray machine and were actually doing what they say they are!

erolz

Message Posted:
11/10/2011 22:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 89 in Discussion

I think the requirment to have these checks annualy is ridiculous as is this latest apparent change to the process. I was just providing a link to a reputable site with regard to the risk of repeated x rays as this was mentioned in the thread. That the risk is close to zero according to that source does not make the anual health check requirment any less ridiculous.

Bradus

Message Posted:
11/10/2011 22:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 89 in Discussion

Looseboots.

TB immunisation should be effective for up to 15 years. Is it the test to see if you have immunity that you are having yearly?

Panchocat

Message Posted:
12/10/2011 12:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 39 of 89 in Discussion

Terry's bottom two lines sum it up nicely in message 24!

Now why can't the government realise that too?

Blood tests for the swallows at 135TL a time would be another good revenue source for them but would they risk killing the geese that lay the golden eggs?

I think not but we are sitting ducks!

For someone who is phobic about birds, as I am, I have just mentioned the critters three times in one post!

I look forward to hearing about the next change in residency application.

Keep us posted folks

stevo1956

Message Posted:
13/10/2011 16:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 40 of 89 in Discussion

Did ours this morning, and as already said we all now have to go from the Police Station to Girne State Hospital, room 307 to be precise, which is on the ground floor, and is easily found from the rear carpark, when you get there, put your name on the list on the bench outside ( yes another list ) and when called, or when you get past the Rugby scrum, you will be asked to present the slip the Police have given you, along with your Passport ( they take a copy )you then pay 135TL and will be issued with two large forms ( one is for the Blood Test Laboratory,and the other for the X-ray Lab ) You also get two receipts, one is for you to return to the Police Station as soon as you have completed your tests (the Police will then send you residency application off )Once you have your Lab slips go upstairs to the Main floor and centraly you will find the Laboratory Department, here you will get your blood test done ( no nightmares here, was all done very professionally) you then go one more

stevo1956

Message Posted:
13/10/2011 16:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 41 of 89 in Discussion

corridor up and find the X-ray department, book in at the front desk and you will be called forward to have a short xray of your chest ( no clothing is required to be removed ). This morning the group we were with was told wrong advice, that you then just go to Lefkosia in four weeks. In fact you have to return to the Girne State Hospital, about 7 days later, go back to room 307 where you paid, and your sealed results will be available for you to take with you to Lefkosia in four weeks.

Hope this helps guys, it was very long winded but stay calm, its only once a year for us under 60,s

Steve.

laptagal

Message Posted:
13/10/2011 18:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 42 of 89 in Discussion

How strange. I went to renew 10 days ago and just went to the clinic nearby for blood test and no mention of an xray!!! Hope that it is acceptable when I go to Lefkosa in a couple of weeks.

jessy

Message Posted:
13/10/2011 19:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 43 of 89 in Discussion

i went on the 7th had a blood test at the unilab around the corner went back to police station and no problem all paperwork done. go to lefkosa in 4 weeks. this is very strange. must have changed this week.

passionflower

Message Posted:
13/10/2011 21:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 44 of 89 in Discussion

what happens when it turns out the hospital is cocking reuts uo ?

passionflower

Message Posted:
13/10/2011 21:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 45 of 89 in Discussion

and the fools continue raise money for the idiots in power nso they do not need to invbest in health care ...........

stevo1956

Message Posted:
14/10/2011 11:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 46 of 89 in Discussion

I,m not sure when it changed, although by the state of confusion and miss information given at Girne Hospital, I would guess this is week one, lets see if it lasts.

Steve.

spangles

Message Posted:
16/10/2011 12:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 47 of 89 in Discussion

Well it looks as though it's not just this side of the island

http://www.cyprus-mail/.com/immigration/immigration-changes-goalposts-once-more

hope the link works

erolz

Message Posted:
16/10/2011 12:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 48 of 89 in Discussion

http://www.cyprus-mail.com/immigration/immigration-changes-goalposts-once-more/20111016

Hector

Message Posted:
16/10/2011 14:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 49 of 89 in Discussion

Another reason not to move to/retire to North Cyprus. Do the politicians care? I don't think so.

spangles

Message Posted:
16/10/2011 17:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 50 of 89 in Discussion

Hector this is in the South. Today's Cyprus Mail report.

p.s. Thanks erolz.

susiesusie

Message Posted:
18/10/2011 16:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 51 of 89 in Discussion

going to girne tomorrow for residency permit...... anyone with the latest updated farce?

Panchocat

Message Posted:
19/10/2011 00:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 52 of 89 in Discussion

See my initial post, unless of course they have changed it since last week!

susiesusie

Message Posted:
19/10/2011 12:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 53 of 89 in Discussion

just returned from the residency procedure in girne.....

Went to girne police station with our passports to ask what the new procedure is....

They looked at our passports and gave us a slip each for the blood tests at Girne hospital. Downstairs to room 307, put our name on the sheet hanging up next to the benches. Half hour later we were seen. Gave our passports which they took a copy of. Paid the 135tl each and was given the receipt for the police/immigration and 1 for the blood test. Informed which lab we had to use (which was the same lab as last year which was 80tl). Took the blood and was told to return in 2 days for the tb result and 1 week for the blood result. Off to girne immigration tomorrow for the actual residency application. No form or any indication of any xrays.

Rugby

Message Posted:
19/10/2011 12:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 54 of 89 in Discussion

135tl for a blood test ? my god another government rip off, more or less doubled from last year! these are London Harley Street prices in a Hillbilly State. these planks will have nobody left here to support there pensions the way they are going.

wino53

Message Posted:
19/10/2011 13:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 55 of 89 in Discussion

Message 53, susiesusie...can i ask what time you were at Police station this morning, have to do mine this week and just wondered if you could go about 9.30 and still get a ticket for blood tests etc !! and return the next day with receipt.

Thanks

susiesusie

Message Posted:
19/10/2011 16:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 56 of 89 in Discussion

went there at 9.15....... no queue at all. waited 3mins to be seen.

stockiefan

Message Posted:
19/10/2011 16:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 57 of 89 in Discussion

There is a lab about 200metres from the Police Station past the mot station. 85tl, nice place English speaking, was there last week, no problem.

Deniz1

Message Posted:
19/10/2011 16:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 58 of 89 in Discussion

So if you go to a lab and get a test as before and pay 80ytl will they refuse to accept it.

Panchocat

Message Posted:
19/10/2011 17:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 59 of 89 in Discussion

We were told we had to go to the hospital for the paperwork and the tests!

Seems like it's changing already.

susiesusie

Message Posted:
19/10/2011 17:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 60 of 89 in Discussion

seems that they have changed the procedures so the trnc goverment/health sector can get funds to them directly.... i.e charge us 135tl then give the labs 80tl and pocket the difference!. unlikely you can go directly to the labs now but no stopping you going to ask. think we know the answer there!!

Seasider

Message Posted:
19/10/2011 18:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 61 of 89 in Discussion

It seems that this thread should be closed as again misunderstanding seems to have confused us all on 44.

Today I established at Girne Police Station that nothing has changed this year and after checking supporting documents under 60's require blood tests which can be carried out at by a laboratory or at the hospital. The laboratory around the corner charged us 85tl this year. A return to Girne Police Station showing that test has been carried out allows them to send documents to Lefkosia immigration where you attend 3 weeks later with results from blood tests and if ok get your residency stamp.

Many problems on this thread seem to have occured due to lack of understanding in translation from Turkish to English.

wino53

Message Posted:
19/10/2011 18:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 62 of 89 in Discussion

Thank you Susiesusie

padisha

Message Posted:
19/10/2011 19:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 63 of 89 in Discussion

Why are there such conflicting posts?

Hope that Seasider has been given correct advice.

İf so, however, can someone explain the previous posts and the ordeal they went through?

Totally confused.

Fortunately, we have until March to re-new!

Best Wishes

Padisha

rejela

Message Posted:
19/10/2011 20:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 64 of 89 in Discussion

Can anyone give the current price of the visa issued at Lefkosa Immigration, for a one year visa.

newscoop

Message Posted:
19/10/2011 20:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 65 of 89 in Discussion

So while everyone is reassurd by seasiders post

Are we/they saying that Panchocat and everyone else somehow got the wrong end of the stick

and arbitrarily trotted off to Girne hospital and the queues and rough conditions to pay 135tl for something they only had to pay 80tl for in clean hygenic clinics?

biznizguide

Message Posted:
19/10/2011 20:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 66 of 89 in Discussion

I have to say I agree with your comment newscoop, I am not saying that seasider is not telling the truth but I went to get a blood test today for a business visa with my Turkish Cypriot accountant and we had to go to get the 135 TL receipt and go to the lab to get the test. Perhaps seasider was very fortunate or perhaps even my accountant is easily conned although he did point out that the new system is ridiculous but there is nothing that can be done.

Food for thought perhaps.

stevo1956

Message Posted:
20/10/2011 10:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 67 of 89 in Discussion

Sorry to confuse things even more but yesterday I returned to room 307, seven days later than the tests were taken, as told to do so, to be met with staff that initially had no idea what I was talking about, even when Turkish customers translated, they said no you do not pick up your results here, they are sent to Lefkosia, so I asked again, saying so our results automatically go to Lefkosia to marry up with our residency application, they said, yes we think so....................... so watch this space in two weeks, I am dreading the obvious happening.

As for why seasider was not sent to the State Hospital, I have no idea, but then at present no-one seems to have any idea, would,nt surprise me if things revert when they realise the workload they have dumped on Girne Hospital, the Staff seemed snowed under with work .

Smiffies

Message Posted:
20/10/2011 12:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 68 of 89 in Discussion

re message 64

We collected our renewals from Lefkosa last week and it was 193 TL each

Regards

Smiffies

rejela

Message Posted:
20/10/2011 13:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 69 of 89 in Discussion

Message 68

Smiffies,

Very well done!

Thank you for your kindness in answering.

Many thanks.

Phil.

Panchocat

Message Posted:
20/10/2011 14:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 70 of 89 in Discussion

Seasider.

I can categorically say there was no misunderstanding by us at Girne police station, nor was there any translation problem as the usual officer, that we have dealt with for the past five years, speaks excellent English!

nor have I made any attempt to mislead anyone here on Cyprus 44 and merely recounted

i) What we were told

ii) Our experience

It seems others have had similar experiences to ours and not yours.

Steve we will be returning to room 307 tomorrow to collect results as we were told to do, now with trepidation from what you have said!

I just wonder how successfully blood test results will be matched up to relevant paperwork in Lefkosa.

stevo1956

Message Posted:
21/10/2011 08:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 71 of 89 in Discussion

Anne please let me know how you get on, as this is obviously very fluid at the minute, thankyou.

Steve.

matt47r

Message Posted:
21/10/2011 09:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 72 of 89 in Discussion

FYI. My wife and I went last Wednesday on Oct 13th and the officer gave us our slips for the state hospital in Girne. We went there (room 307) signed up on a list and when our name was called we paid 135TL each and then were sent to Lamel Lab (by the Bektaş market up from the water fountain roundabout in Girne). We got our blood taken and a TB skin test and told to come back 2 days later to have it read. We did and they marked our names off a list last Friday. They said by next Tuesday our results would be at the state hospital.

Two days ago I went back to room 307 at the state hospital and they told me to come back Friday. I just got back from there. I went back to 307 this morning, told them I was there to pickup my results and they said to go to room 302. I went down to that room and there were 3 very nice ladies working in there. I told them what I was there for, they asked for our passports and receipts and asked where we got the tests done...

matt47r

Message Posted:
21/10/2011 09:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 73 of 89 in Discussion

They looked through a stack of about 60 or so results, found mine and my wife's. They put them in separate envelopes, stamped the outside and wrote our names on them and then I signed in a book that I took them. All told took about 10 minutes to get them this morning.

So that was my experience. Other results will probably vary.

mustafaleak

Message Posted:
21/10/2011 09:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 74 of 89 in Discussion

This place is a total joke when it comes to residesdency, the whole system is a farse, clearly they don't want us here, if they did things would be much simpler it's all part of the reason I returned to UK last year, many more will follow I'm sure...this place is so frustrating..

Panchocat

Message Posted:
21/10/2011 11:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 75 of 89 in Discussion

Steve, went this morning had the same experience as Matt47r but with a different outcome from him but the same as yours.

We were on a list of names and were told our results had gone to Lefkosa under the old system.

The new system we were told is that people will collect and there was a book for people to sign when they have collected the results.

Seems we were the first group under the new system but the last group on the old results system!

negativenick

Message Posted:
21/10/2011 11:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 76 of 89 in Discussion

and they laughed when i fecked off........

well, you're welcome to the place....

bleedin shit hole........

WotNoDeeds!

Message Posted:
21/10/2011 12:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 77 of 89 in Discussion

I agree with mustafaleak residency is farce I'm treated like a criminal every year ( 9years now) basically because of my age, and I like many others have seriously considered leaving the TRNC to strangle it'self in it's own red tape and GREED.

milliesmum49

Message Posted:
21/10/2011 18:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 78 of 89 in Discussion

Went to renew mine on Wednesday, got to the police station at 8.20am in Girne and was back home in Alsancak at 9.05am

cypbb

Message Posted:
21/10/2011 18:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 79 of 89 in Discussion

Can anyone please tell me what paperwork is required this year for business permit and my wifes residents permit? you would think that BRS would be informing us of exactly what is required...thats if they know...lol

stevo1956

Message Posted:
22/10/2011 10:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 80 of 89 in Discussion

OK so I have to ask the question, why are some people being tested at the State Hospitals and getting X-rays done along with their blood tests, whereas those being sent to Private Clinics are getting just blood tests, this does not make any sense, mind you should it ?

newscoop

Message Posted:
22/10/2011 11:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 81 of 89 in Discussion

Check out Cyprus Today from Newscoops thread.

yorgozlu

Message Posted:
22/10/2011 11:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 82 of 89 in Discussion

msg 79

Your accountant is where you should get your answer along with permit you require.

What do you pay them for?

padisha

Message Posted:
22/10/2011 12:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 83 of 89 in Discussion

Surely this problem could have been solved by making all labs charge the same? What does it mean when some labs were under-cutting their rivals and still making a profit?

cyprusairsoft

Message Posted:
01/11/2011 13:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 84 of 89 in Discussion

gotta get out of this place now its overwhelming in bull shit

im happy to pay tax and residency but just need a simple way to pay

trnc is sinking fast maybe to late for a lot of expats to hope that eu or turkey will step in

i hope so

stockiefan

Message Posted:
01/11/2011 14:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 85 of 89 in Discussion

Its because they are as thick as P@G S@@T when it comes to tourism and how to treat people who live here!

P**s up and brewery springs to mind, no wonder more people are packing it in and returning home, they don't see the woods for the trees.

loulou

Message Posted:
08/11/2011 08:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 86 of 89 in Discussion

Panchocat did you have to go to lefcosa to register first ?

artistabroad

Message Posted:
08/11/2011 09:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 87 of 89 in Discussion

If under 60 and in the Girne area, go to police station as before, they'll give you a slip to take to the Girne hospital, who in turn will give you a slip for a lab for the blood and TB test, you then take the receipt back to the police. Go back in a week to the hospital to get the result - I haven't done that bit yet. Then Lefkosa in three weeks or so. If over 60, it's the same as previous years, no need to go to the hospital etc. Same paperwork as before - but this year as I was on my own, my husband having got two years last year, they asked for a copy of his passport visa and photo pages as well as mine.

MrsSnakes

Message Posted:
08/11/2011 11:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 88 of 89 in Discussion

Msg 87 Did you have to have a chest xray please?

artistabroad

Message Posted:
08/11/2011 12:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 89 of 89 in Discussion

No - I think the hospital itself takes its turn to do the tests and if you're there on that day you may get an x-ray. I thought it was maybe instead of the TB test?? Certainly the slip they give you at the police station mentions (in Turkish) that the tests include an x-ray, but the lab didn't offer and I didn't ask!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.