North Cyprus Tourist Board - North Cyprus Just for laughs :)
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > North Cyprus Just for laughs :)

North Cyprus Just for laughs :)

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

Yel2011

Message Posted:
11/10/2011 19:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

I saw a stray dog outside Lemar and my heart goes out to all the stray dogs in North Cyprus. SO I walked in and got a tin can of dog food. But couldn't find the dog after. SO I get in my car and I was just about to get out of the car park and saw the dog. I stopped my car and ran out with the can of food and presented it to the stray. He literally smelled it and just walked away. To add everyone is looking at me in the car park...embarassed I jumped back into the car . I guess He see's himself too good for free food ;)

Does anyone know where I can drop off food for stray dogs ?

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
11/10/2011 22:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

KAR are always appealing for dog food - or you could just put the money in one of their collecting boxes

Probably better than feeding them outside a shop or resteraunt where they might become a nuisance and attract poison.

Hard though it seems feeding an individual stray once, is really just a drop in the ocean, but I carry water , bowls and biscuits as a matter of course for my own dogs, and those may be better than tins.

If I use the bowls for a stray I clean them before feeding my own dogs because of the risk of infection.

Also (I know you have a dog of your own) always wash your hands after touching a stray dog before handling your own.

btw never feed a dog direct from a tin - if it was really hungry (obviously this one wasnt) it could get it stuck on its nose and/or cut itself on the edge.

Woodspeckie

Message Posted:
11/10/2011 22:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Is there still a box outside Erdener supermarket for tins of dog food for KAR or am I getting mixed up with another supermarket?

Yel2011

Message Posted:
12/10/2011 12:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

BizziLizzi

Of course I always wash my hands before I touch my buddy and prince And Im going to donate food to KAR when I find a supermarket with a box so I can put food in their for them. And I usually buy paper plates and then give the food. Cuz I also thought about how they stuff their nose in the tin and they can get cut very easily :( AND atleast I know Im not the only one that carries bowls and food in my bag haha Take care

and Woodspeckie Thank you for letting me know where the box is .

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
12/10/2011 17:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Sorry Yel. Once a teacher ...........................!!!!

I checked in Erdener this morning and there is a KAR box for food donations - it is just inside the doors onthe right hand side. I must have passed it hundreds of times without noticing!

btw I met someone who saw you try to feed the dog - they thought it really funny a stray that turned its nose up at food - but I gather it was quite fat and very tame so perhaps it wasnt a stray or at least one that had found a good source of food!

Its when I am in polite society and put my hand in my pocket for a hanky and pull out a handful of doggy bics that it gets embarrasssing!

Woodspeckie

Message Posted:
12/10/2011 19:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

BizziLizzi. Thanks for confirming that the box is as Erdener,I am only there Dec/Jan and use other Supermarkets too so wasn't too sure where I had made my contribution of dog food and tuna for the cats. It was outside the front door though when I called there. I was on holiday in Turkey recently and there were some street dogs there, in the evening a young girl used to walk round the resort with a carrier bag full of the dried dog food feeding the dogs, I asked her who paid for the food she said she calls into the little small markets and they give it to her.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.