North Cyprus Tourist Board - How to get a Northern Cyprus Residency Visa
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > How to get a Northern Cyprus Residency Visa

How to get a Northern Cyprus Residency Visa

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Residence Permits

» Read about Work Permits

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

KibBay

Message Posted:
12/10/2011 02:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 26 in Discussion

Due to a long standing lack of upto date information, we have came up with a way of creating an information source that will be constantly updated and correct.

How to get a Northern Cyprus Visa.#

That is the question.

Here is what we came up with.

http://northerncyprus.info/how-to-get-a-northern-cyprus-residency-visa

This will be a great help for everyone when it comes to the visa renewal and application, So please help us make it work.

Thanks,

Groucho

Message Posted:
12/10/2011 06:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 26 in Discussion

Item 3... We've never had a 'card' from the Muhtar... we have always had a form. Is it really a card now?

Item 6... We have blue ones not pink so both colours seem to be valid.

CarrieRBag

Message Posted:
12/10/2011 07:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 26 in Discussion

A very good idea to have it all in once place but obviously there are anomalies. Our son lives with us so we have to get him another letter from a notary saying we are responsible for him. That usually costs 40TL. Last year, we had to take a copy of our marriage certificate too.

I think some of your costs might be wrong too. I have never paid less than 100TL for our bloodtests (Tatat lab). The cost of the residency is, from memory, is more than 175TL.

Also you did not mention if you are over 60 you do not need a blood test and can ask for, and pay for, a 2 year residency stamp.

These are not criticisms just observations.

This information used to be on the BRS site... not sure if it still is. Trouble is, they change the goal-posts every day so nothing is going to be 100% up to date.

keithcaley

Message Posted:
12/10/2011 07:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 26 in Discussion

Hi, you mention: - "Take the receipt “NOT THE RESULTS” back to the police station the next morning " - but you don't say what to do with the actual blood test result, do you open the envelope and read it? - or take it with you to Lefkosia? - Incidentally, does anyone know who 'scrutinises' the results and decides if they are acceptable? - or if they have any qualifications to do so?

Agobard

Message Posted:
12/10/2011 07:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 26 in Discussion

Message 4: the answer is that nobody except the laboratory staff look at the results. They obviously know what the guide lines are and if you get the envelope with the results in it you have passed. Failures are sent by the laboratory direct to the health ministry. When you thake the envelope to Lefkosa, the staff there just put it in your file - frequently unopened!

Tango1

Message Posted:
12/10/2011 08:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 26 in Discussion

Msg.1 I'm afraid, like the others mention above, there are a number of anomalies. Unfortunately the goal posts change on a regular basis and no information is going to be completely up to date at any one time. I think that the BRS web site is as good as you can get here, at least they do try and keep it up to date. A lot will depend what official you see on what date. They have a tendency to change the rules jut for the hell of it!!

how188

Message Posted:
12/10/2011 08:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 26 in Discussion

What a great idea, could you also produce in a similar step format to describe the process and forms necessary/description for the following regular everday processes.

1-car importation,

2-change of car ownership who does what and where

3-the cartax renewal process, order of play for emissions, mot, tax renewal

4 -gaining a local driving licence.

A real winner also would be a visual of the forms with a translation into a couple of langages.

keithcaley

Message Posted:
12/10/2011 09:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 26 in Discussion

Hi Agobard,

that's very interesting - I didn't realise that it's actually the 'testing staff' (that you, yourself are paying ) who effectively evaluate and decide whether you will get residency. I can imagine all sorts of scope for shennanigans there!

Are you sure that 'failures' are sent to the Health Ministry, not to Immigration? - The reason that I ask is that this would presume that the Health Ministry actually communicate with Immigration, who are part of the Interior Ministry

Fortunately, I am now so 'over the hill' that I am considered incapable of indulging in inactivities that might result in contagion - however, I'm sure that it will be of pressing interest to others

A very worthwhile initiative, KibBay, but as has been pointed out, it will take a lot of work to fine-tune it in the first place, and then to keep it up to date after that. You tend to find that even 'Official' sources in TRNC are not properly maintained once the initial enthusiasm has waned :(

waddo

Message Posted:
12/10/2011 10:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 26 in Discussion

Good idea, well done. There will need to be constant updates as things "alter" but the basics - waiting around, upgrades in costs, blood tests and bank details should remain "similar".

We did our's last month and used the clinic behind the police station (opposite the Merc garage), talked to the staff in there at the same time about the tests and what was covered. Loads of different things (bugs) tested for and too many to remember but one big point was this: If you fail your blood test then the clinic phone the police station immediately - so when you wander back in with your receipt if you get a frosty welcome you may have an idea why! By the way, after taking your receipt back to the police station you still have to wait around 3 days before you go back to the clinic to pick up your sealed results.

Bank details are always changing goal posts, nobody really knows but for sure if you are partners instead of married you need more funds in your account - how much, who know

joandjelly

Message Posted:
12/10/2011 10:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 26 in Discussion

Ref point 2 - if you do not have the title deed to our property you will need a copy of your sales contract (for each person applying). This must include the stamp from the Land Registry showing that stamp duty has been paid.

You may also be asked to show the visa slip if you regularly visit the South. We don't, but were asked to explain the last few exit/entry stamps in our passports.

Good idea but needs a little work (and a spell check).

erolz

Message Posted:
12/10/2011 10:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 26 in Discussion

For info

My partner and I are not married though we have been togeather for 25+ years. I am TRNC citizen, she is not. In addition to the paperwork already listed we have to annualy get a decleration from a notar stating that we are common law husband and wife for her temporary residency. The deeds for the house we live in are in my name as is the proof of income.

Agobard

Message Posted:
12/10/2011 12:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 26 in Discussion

Message 8: you need to bear in mind that the laboratories who do the blood tests are those registered with the government and that the fee that you pay them is passed on, in large part, to the government. I can't see the laboratories, for the small amount of money that they make, being inclined to fiddle the results. Did notice recently in another post though that people are being told to go to the hospital for the tests again so, who knows?

As far as the results are concerned, I do know somebody who failed and the lab in question (Erdurans) told her that the results had been sent on to the the Min. of Health and that she should go there to talk to them about it. She did and the issue was resolved.

KibBay

Message Posted:
12/10/2011 12:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 26 in Discussion

Thanks for all of the feed back here.

Its great to hear different peoples experiences with it.

I will go through today and update where needed.

Thanks so much to everyone.

KibBay

Message Posted:
12/10/2011 13:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 26 in Discussion

Updates now complete.

Message 7 that is a good idea.

I shall do some work on that.

sunrise

Message Posted:
12/10/2011 13:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 26 in Discussion

All change, once you get the blood test slip of paper from the police station, they send you to Girne Hospital where you have to put your name on another list and wait your turn (assuming you are waiting for a blood test) but no, you are waiting to pay for the test (135tl per person), when you have paid they send you to Lamel clinic, which is facing Bektas market on the top road off the 'waterfall' roundabout. You get the blood test done there and they send the results to Lefkosa, so you don't have to pick them up. Back to the police station (same day) and they take all the paperwork and then you go to Lefkosa Immigration in 2-3 weeks time. Simple!?!?

KibBay

Message Posted:
12/10/2011 14:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 26 in Discussion

Hi,

I had a different experience 3 weeks ago.

did your post 15 happen recently?

astro941

Message Posted:
12/10/2011 14:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 26 in Discussion

I went to Lefkosa Immigration yesterday, the cost was 193tl. I am over 60 but still had to have a blood test (1st timer), the visa I was granted was for 1 year. During the lengthy process I would have found a map handy to locate the Police Station and the Tax Office and of course the Immigration Office in Lefkosa (A monopoly style layout would be interesting). As a renter I had to take my rental agreement to the tax office and pay some 70 odd tl.

Jimbo51

Message Posted:
12/10/2011 14:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 26 in Discussion

astro941

Very good point re the rental agreement.

Once you get the rental agreement in your hand(the original,not a photocopy) get it to the tax office immediately or you will pay a fine for the delay in getting it stamped.

Very good thread here,makes a change from threads that are continually hi jacked from members who have no time better than to make sarcastic comments etc.

KibBay

Message Posted:
12/10/2011 22:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 26 in Discussion

I think that we are getting there now.

http://northerncyprus.info/how-to-get-a-northern-cyprus-residency-visa

still a few details to add but its going ok.

I don`t think that it will ever be perfect because I can go today, you can go tomorrow and someone else can go the next day , we will all have a different experience with it. Though the main details I think will stay pretty much the same. Just some differences on where to get the blood test and how much people wore charged for different things.

Thanks to everyone for the good input and positivity.

sunrise

Message Posted:
13/10/2011 07:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 26 in Discussion

Hi KibBay post 16, yes, this was yesterday!

KibBay

Message Posted:
13/10/2011 20:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 26 in Discussion

Thanks.

Ill put that is as a amendment

Gunnamatta

Message Posted:
23/10/2011 22:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 26 in Discussion

Gidday all, good thread and quite informative! I am in the process of relocating from Russia (my kid is going to school at the ESK). We own a place for which the title deed hasnt come though yet which is over near Iskele, and we are currently renting in Girne, and are about to start renting a villa up near the school in about a month.

What I am wondering, if anyone has a rough idea, is how much money they want to see, or would want to see in the case of a man wife and kid?

Cheers for any thoughts

newscoop

Message Posted:
24/10/2011 10:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 26 in Discussion

KibBay;

it might be an idea to check out pages one and four of Saturdays Cyprus Today.

KibBay

Message Posted:
24/10/2011 10:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 26 in Discussion

I`ll have a look. Thanks.

mickhm

Message Posted:
27/10/2011 11:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 26 in Discussion

Hi I am confused the link has the account closed. I am a first timer living in Tatlisu. I am getting the Muhktars letter today? What do I do then? Go to the police at Famagusta for ins and outs or to Nicosia to the immigration? I am seriously considering going South before xmas to give another 90days and see what has happened now the rules have changed. Any help would be appreciated. The BRS site has not been updated so confused. you betcha

thanks

Mick

KibBay

Message Posted:
27/10/2011 12:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 26 in Discussion

The link to the site is down at the moment because I`m moving to a new server and I closed the account before the NameServers change took effect.

Sorry about that, it will be back on today.

The information on the page was correct 13-10-11 But people are reporting changes.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.