North Cyprus Tourist Board - Viewing UK tv -continuous buffering - help !!
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Viewing UK tv -continuous buffering - help !!

Viewing UK tv -continuous buffering - help !!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See all North Cyprus Television (TV) and Satellite threads posted so far

the2ofus

Message Posted:
12/10/2011 21:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Can anyone help please !!

We had been watching all Uk tv channels via myvpn and nethouse connection. All was good until 4 weeks ago - since then we have had almost continuous buffering on ITV live/ch4 and 5. BBC live is better but not as good as 2 months ago. Myvpn have checked and cannot find a problem connected to them.

Nethouse have tried (thank you Simmi ) several times - they have changed settings via team viewer/changed connection package/checked bandwidth and speed/checked antenna - all appear ok. But even they cannot fathom out what is wrong.

BBC Live was so bad last night we had to stop watching - bbc iplayer was intermittent and we also gave up on ITV and player.

All channels start (ITV very slow) then ITV buffers from 3 mins on - them every few seconds. We sometimes get the messages Internet connection failure/Insufficient bandwidth/content doesn't appear to be working try later. Or just the spinning circle with loss of picture and stop start.

Any ideas ?????

the2ofus

Message Posted:
13/10/2011 08:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

anyone ?????

erolz

Message Posted:
13/10/2011 08:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

The bottom line is you are not getting sufficent sustained throughtput necessary. As to why there are many possible reasons. It may just be a temporary thing. You could try using a different VPN service, just to test if that makes a difference or not. If you are using wireless in your house I would try connecting a machine directly to the wired nethouse connection and see if that makes a difference. I would also try 'pinging' some sites to see if you are getting alot of dropped packets. You could also try the BBC iplayer sites own specific speedtest, though this will probably just confirm you have aproblem but not help much in working out why.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/diagnostics

Or drop me an email and I'll try and sort out comming round and see if I can help work out where the problem is with you.

erolz

Message Posted:
13/10/2011 08:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

You could also try downloading some content from BBC iPlayer in 'advance' so that if you are unable to watch live you at least have something alreay downloaded to watch instead.

erolz

Message Posted:
13/10/2011 08:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

With the BBC Iplayer speedtest try it without your VPN connected and then try it with the VPN connected and see if there is much difference.

wanderer

Message Posted:
13/10/2011 08:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Using Nethouse in Ozankoy 1 meg watched BBc1 live last night no problem only using nethouse VPN no need for another VPN

The Nethouse connection has automatic VPN so no need to click on to anything once Nethouse have set it up

ITV is pants live in the UK with 10 mg as well only use playback for ITV

the2ofus

Message Posted:
13/10/2011 10:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

erolz - thanks for the advise. Some i have already done (speedtest with/without mypvpn -bbc speedtest) but i haven't tried watching it via the internet wired pc so will try that next.

wanderer - BBC1 is the best that we can get - we do use nethouse vpn (canot use that on bbc iplayer or bbc2 etc - only bbc 1 live) but even using nethouse vpn we cannot watch ITV Live without continuous buffering. Nethouse have been helpful (well Simmi has !) and even they do not know what the problem is - they just keep saying "maybe Turkey problem" !!!

The most annoying thing is when we were just using mypvpn and 1 mg Nethouse ordinary package we could watch every channel (live & playback) with no problems. Then it was recommended we change to their 4mg eko package and they initiated their vpn and for 2 months it was fine (only because we could switch between theirs and our vpn) and then from month 3 it went down hill rapidly. Now we are back on 1 mg ordinary pack but problem still there !!!!!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.