North Cyprus Tourist Board - Turkish visa problem and visiting "North Cyprus" "Visa" "Istanbul"
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Turkish visa problem and visiting "North Cyprus" "Visa" "Istanbul"

Turkish visa problem and visiting "North Cyprus" "Visa" "Istanbul"

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

szemarci

Message Posted:
13/10/2011 09:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Hi all!

I'm a Hungarian (EU citizen) Erasmus student, studying in Istanbul in this semester. I bought a tourist visa when i entered Turkey in September, but this is valid for only 3 months, so I have to renew it by going out from the country and back again.

That's and other things why I want to visit Cyprus. I will arrive to Ercan airport, North Cyprus first. Do I enter a new country then, or I just stay in "Turkey"?

Or if I am still in "Turkey" can I manage this issue in south Cyprus crossing at Ledra?

Is it possible to stay nights in the southern part, using my passport without a problem I entered the north from Turkey??

I hope you could understand my case. Thanks for your reply!

andrew4232

Message Posted:
13/10/2011 16:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

it would appear that you dont have the correct visa for turkey as you claim to have a tourist 3 month visa and are there as a student which am sure is illegal !

but as for cyprus it is not part of turkey you will be given X days when you get here and when you return to turkey can get another x days visa stamp

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
13/10/2011 17:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

Hi szemarci

As an EU passport holder - as long as you aren't a risk to public health or national security - you can enter the Rep of Cyprus via a UN designated crossing point and stay for up to 90 days without needing to register !

As far as Turkey is concerned 'TRNC' IS a new country.

iceman

Message Posted:
13/10/2011 17:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

szemarci

advice given in message 3 is correct...As an EU citizen,if you wish you can enter Rep of Cyprus and back to north Cyprus again but this will not be relevant to your visa issue in Turkey...

Flying to Ercan and back to Turkey is enough to overcome your problem.

Erkin

Message Posted:
13/10/2011 21:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Martin Szemerei as an erasmus student YOU DO NOT NEED TO DO BORDER RUN

even though you have been given 3 months entry into Turkey, Your erasmus manager at the University should have given you paperwork for the Police Hq and should be taken to Aksaray Police Hq 2nd floor, if you check the web Site of the police, you can get an appointment on line.the web page is http://www.iem.gov.tr

You will be given 12 months and will not be charged for it, the only fee you have to pay is 90TL for the Ikamet Book

you print off the application and 5 passport size photo and 3 days later u go back and collect your residence permit, check with your ersamus manager at the university for the full list of the paper work that they must give you.

so you will not need to do a border.

szemarci

Message Posted:
17/10/2011 16:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

Hi all,

Thanks for your replies.

So as i get it, you say, that if I travel to north cyprus (ercan airport) from istanbul, and fly back to turkey, it officially means i left the country turkey, and entered again, so i can apply for a 3-month tourist stamp visa? (because turkish consider north cyprus as another country, so there is an official boarder between them)

Am I right?

Of course if i'm in north cyprus, i would visit south, nicosia, and other cities, going through the Ledra UN boarder.

But to officially leaving turkey, entering cyprus, and then entering turkey again are enough them to give me a new 3-month stamp visa, right?

Thank you for your help guys, again!

Martin

Pugwash

Message Posted:
17/10/2011 17:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

Yes Martin as far as Turkey is concerned it is another country.

Erkin

Message Posted:
18/10/2011 08:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

Szemerei why bother to do a border run when you can get all the extensions done in Istanbul Police Hq,

As an erasmus student, the police are aware that you are a student and will only cost you 90TL for 1 year student visa.

http://www.iem.gov.tr

Are u only doing half year erasmus project of full year, if you are doing full year then it means doing several border runs over the period of your uni.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.