North Cyprus Tourist Board - Northern Ireland politicians come to Cyprus to help the peace process
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Northern Ireland politicians come to Cyprus to help the peace process

Northern Ireland politicians come to Cyprus to help the peace process

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

» Read about Orams Case Land Dispute Judgement

» North Cyprus Title Deeds

» Is It Safe to Buy in Northern Cyprus?

Carndi

Message Posted:
13/10/2011 18:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Two Northern Ireland politicians are due to talk about the peace process in Ulster in the hope that it might help here in Cyprus.

Jeffery Donaldson,Ulster Unionist and a Privy Councillor and Gerry Kelly,Sinn Fein and Deputy First Minister of NI will visit both sides of the Green Line.

They will discuss the similarities between the two countries.

As an Ulster man myself I would like to hear , hopefully sensible, the thoughts or comments from those on this forum.

gusanova

Message Posted:
13/10/2011 19:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

This is a welcome step and hope it will bear fruit.

As an ex serviceman, I am a bit suspicious of Jeffrey Donaldson as I see him as an 'Opportunist', yes I remember the way he changed sides in the 1990s playing brutus to first First Minister who was felt was doing an honest job- David Trimble.

Gerry Kelly I admire and are very interested in his views after his visit, he is a straight talking man and hope they are listened to.

SteveAustin

Message Posted:
13/10/2011 19:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

That should help!!!!!!!

They will end up with a new government, who don't do a lot, pay themselves fat salaries, are mostly ex hoods and will have a jolly in Cyprus on us.

And yes I am an Ulsterman as well.

Mike.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
13/10/2011 20:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Hmm, Gus

Wth you re "I am a bit suspicious of Jeffrey Donaldson" - he was a back-stabber re the brave leader of the UUP - David Trimble..who took the vast maj of loyalist folk to agreeing to the Good Friday Agreement and subsequent referendum .. Donaldson LEFT the UUP for the DUP..

WHAT can he offer Cyprus ?

Now if it was Trimble and Hulme visiting ....

Carndi

Message Posted:
14/10/2011 00:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

6m's. Agree that were it Trimble and Hume I would be tempted to go and listen to them BUT neither Donaldson nor Kelly impress me.

I listen to the BBC Northern Ireland the Nolan show each day and they,Donaldson and Kelly

have been on numerious times and all their statements have been qualified with a

' BUT ' and as most politicians do,promise lots but deliver nothing.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.