North Cyprus Tourist Board - IKEA
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > IKEA

IKEA

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

Winter

Message Posted:
21/10/2007 18:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

Has anyone purchased anything from the new IKEA store ?

If so, do you know if they deliver to TRNC and would there be a problem transporting items yourself across the border

Thanks

Winter

dylansgranny

Message Posted:
21/10/2007 19:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

Bought loads of small items. Doubt that they will deliver to the North, the store directions etc are all in Greek no English anywhere on their signs bad marketing. As long as you do not go over your allowance (if there are 2 of you you cannot buy one item and take both allowances) there should not be a problem at border. Since we got our residency we have not been stopped!!

Winter

Message Posted:
21/10/2007 21:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

Thanks dylansgranny. We're looking at buying our sofas and dining room table there so that maybe a problem due to the size of the items no doubt !!

What are the allowances you refer to?

Thanks

winter

Dusterbruce

Message Posted:
22/10/2007 08:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

Theres plenty of nice furniture shope in the North now, why not buy from them and avoid the risk of problems at the border?

simbas

Message Posted:
22/10/2007 11:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

Hi we bought all our furniture in the north , we furnished the whole 4 bed villa in the same day and that included delivery we couldnt believe it , and by buying in the north we were supporting the economy which i think is really important.good luck simbas

marshy

Message Posted:
22/10/2007 12:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

Hi, hope u dont mind me butting in but the information i got for ikea was they dont deliver to north and you have to drive to border then get taxi to ikea, u aloud £150.00 worth of stuff each, think would have problem with big stuff, small stuff ok, we were told that if u went over the limit u charged 30% taxes dont no how true it is. we give up and bought our sofa's and stuff else where.

cheers lesley

ukturk

Message Posted:
22/10/2007 13:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

hi there guys

i totalally agree with simbas it is important that we support the north cyprus economy especially the people living in north cyprus (expats & locals) i know that there some things in the south that are way cheaper than the north i bought a playstation 3 in the south for 600lıra cheaper than it is in the north but when its concerning things like furniture you can find stores that are much better quality and competively priced than ikea (dont think much of ıkea's furniture quality)

winter due to the embargos that the south holds against the north ikea can not deliver to the north and also the allowances are around 50euros per person

i have provided a link for directions to ikea if you still need it

http://www.ikea.com.cy/stores/?store=2&language=0

i have also provided you with a link to a store in girine that are good quality

http://www.homepack-interiors.com/ - they are based in lapta

also izko located in karakum at the gilanli centre tel 0392 815 0882

and belona furniture located in karaoglanoglu tel 0392 822 3605

these stores offer a wide range of furniture good quality and competively priced hope this helps

B&BLondon

Message Posted:
23/10/2007 02:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

If Ikea in Cyprus is anything like Ikea here in UK i would give it a miss!

Buy in the north where you enjoy service with a smile, a cold drink and probably a new friend! I felt like a celebrity when i asked 'What sizes does the table come in?' and he said 'What size do you want?' !! (It is black wrought iron and glass)

Same with sofas - made to our specifications! We bought everything for our 3 bedroom apartnent from Fiskos (including bedspreads with matching light fittings and lampshades)

They also fitted all the curtain poles and were hapopy to drill the holes for a couple of mirrors which i had bought elsewhere!

Delivery was a bit sporadic, but hey, none of it was flat packed!

sunstroker

Message Posted:
25/10/2007 00:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

We picked up some bits from ikea - no problem at border but you could be stopped, so be prepared to pay the tax

We got sofas, beds, chairs etc from the 'curtain shop' in girne.

They were superb, curtains put up liaising with developer while we were in uk, furniture delivered , absolutely excellent - we were delighted

I think there is something about supporting nc economy also - some things like electricals are very expensive up north

Winter

Message Posted:
25/10/2007 20:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

Buying from the North it is !

Thanks everyone for the advice!!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.