North Cyprus Tourist Board - Dont bother with Nethouse Networks 4MB package
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Dont bother with Nethouse Networks 4MB package

Dont bother with Nethouse Networks 4MB package

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

stevo1956

Message Posted:
14/10/2011 11:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

I have been really disappointed with Nethouse, I paid to upgrade from 2MB to 4MB, only to find that following several speedtests that the most I was receiving was 2.5MB, so I contacted the engineer, who connected to my computer using Team Viewer, and ran his own test on my computer, staggeringly he got a reading of 7.5MB ( unheard of ) And dismissed my claim, so two more days of testing revealed still readings of 2.5MB, so I rang again, this time I was told that i must accept that I have the ECO 4MB package, I said whoa, what is this ECO package, first time anyone had mentioned it, apparently its a cop out clause that entitles Nethouse to promise you nothing more than 2MB, but you might just get more. Seeing as no-one informed me of this so called ECO package I was not happy, so I thought I would warn other unsuspecting users, dont waste your hard earned cash its a fiddle.

By the way at the top of this page does it say Nethouse Broadband Internet 4 M bit 85 TL ECO Package...........

Brinsley

Message Posted:
14/10/2011 12:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

A question for Erol to answer!

Richard

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
14/10/2011 12:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

@ msg 1, stevo1956: I understood that (my) ECO package means 2Mb at the most (what I paid for) unless Nethouse Networks has a (technical) reason to bring my connection down to less than 2Mb. Excessive downloading could be a reason. And maybe when many customers join the bandwith?

Groucho

Message Posted:
14/10/2011 12:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Stevo, you don't have dedicated connection hence there is no way when the use is heavy that any specific speed will be guaranteed. You share a bandwidth with others and you all get a slice..

That's normal. During the engineers test he probably chucked everybody, you normally share with, off!

stevo1956

Message Posted:
14/10/2011 13:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Hi Guys,

Firstly I don't download anything apart from the odd family photo, that said I do utilise the Nethouse ( now permanently connected UK VPN ) to watch BBC iPlayer at times, so I assume that is considered downloading just watching it, my purpose for upgrading to 4MB was to assist with watching TV, but alas it does,nt help.

Groucho your probably right, he performed his magic trick, but its not helpful when you know what you are getting.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.