North Cyprus Tourist Board - Breaking news - resignation of Liam Fox
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Breaking news - resignation of Liam Fox

Breaking news - resignation of Liam Fox

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Follow North Cyprus News with Cyprus44 News

phylray

Message Posted:
14/10/2011 18:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

Breaking news - the defence secretary has just announced his resignation from the

government. Same day as Oliver Letwin is ticked off for disposing of gov. documents

in public park bins. You really would think they'd know better after all that has happened

recently.

wynyardman

Message Posted:
14/10/2011 19:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

If we keep destroying the good guys (whatever their foiboiles ) what are you going to be left with.

John Prescott? Do me a favour.

wyn

The media rules OK?)

kittyfun

Message Posted:
14/10/2011 19:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

When we switch on out puters we read all of this on out home pages, why do people feel the need to post it on here as well lonliness and boredom perhaps

Carndi

Message Posted:
14/10/2011 19:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

wynyardman. What good guys ?

This man, our Defence Secretary, is running around wiith his friend who is making moneyout of the relationship ie he has the ear of the DS. he lied to Parliament and to his peers and to the people of the UK

Whilst he is doing that, our young men and woman are out fighting. Ill equiped,underpaid and this b.....d and his boyfriend are sittind down to meals costing hundreds of pounds. The cost of that meal alone could have bought one of our squaddies some better equipment.

Fox and a few more ' good guys ' in parliament should be ousted and given a uniforn and a year on the front line in Afghanastan.

Think you could find someone better to defend.

cavalryman

Message Posted:
14/10/2011 20:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

Making money out of the relationship?lied to parliament? boyfriend? you assume a lot my friend they seem to be getting their act together regarding equipment after the last lot and their fiasco mandelson and boyfriend etc etc etc.At least some in this lot have served its the civil servants in the mod that are the problem and some of the very senior officers who don,t give a toss as long as their snouts are in the trough with whichever lot is in power that do the armed forces a disservice.

wynyardman

Message Posted:
14/10/2011 20:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

So there we are. A better world.!

Rupert Murdoch for king. Remember, yoiu get what you pay foe!

wyn

phylray

Message Posted:
14/10/2011 20:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

He was not representing our interests but those of powerful rich companies who financed

the lavish life style of these two. Companies who had vested interests, in Israel etc.

What would you have the media do? Keep it all secret?

wynyardman

Message Posted:
14/10/2011 21:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

phylray,

Obviously you subscribe to the Rupert Murdoch school of democracy.

Ask yourself, are we a better nation now after 13 years of labour.?

Indebted, almost bankrupt. not to mention the off balance sheet debt of PRI that will leave this once great

country of ours, in hock up to our eyebrows, for the next 30 years.

I guess some of you do feel more comfortable in The TRNC, with there legal system, and International

outlook.

You have NO proof of your accusations other than media tittle tattle. Shameful!

wynyardman

hodgeliz

Message Posted:
14/10/2011 21:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

Well said Wyn

A full bodied red

But not under the bed

phylray

Message Posted:
15/10/2011 00:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

If you think I subscribe to Rupert Murdoch school (of non democracy) you know me not!

I have long thought he and his company had far too much power and influence.

Liam Fox should have known better, and he has admitted he made serious errors of judgement.

I am not making any accusations - the facts speak for themselves. I just can't understand why

politicians in such positions never seem to learn.

Groucho

Message Posted:
15/10/2011 07:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

wynyardman

The parlous state of the UK economy with particular reference to the international debt crisis can be laid squarely at the feet of the banking sector following on from the de-regulation of the financial sector in the 80's. When, as you should know, the UK copied the US model and decided that banks knew best how to regulate themselves and we all know how that's turned out - don't we? Once the genie was out of the bottle it is almost impossible to squeeze it back in (hasn't happened yet by the way). Still, the Conservative Party have been very clever at laying the blame at Messrs Blair & Brown's door - when in fact the major blame should be directed their way (de-regulation was a Thatcherite plank). Then to accuse 'Murdoch Democracy' of misrepresenting Ministers with their noses in the trough displays an astounding level of naiveté.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.