North Cyprus Tourist Board - is a non resident allowed to bring his car and keep it in north cyprus
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > is a non resident allowed to bring his car and keep it in north cyprus

is a non resident allowed to bring his car and keep it in north cyprus

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

basheer

Message Posted:
19/10/2011 11:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 3 in Discussion

morning,I have most of the information relating to bringing my car over which is in my name,owner from new and 7 yrs old ,my wife and daughter have kimlit cards however I come as a visitor,will this be problems for me as a visitor to bring over and after a year pay the taxes required for my peuguot 206 as owner of the car and NOT a resident? thanks for any infor bash

basheer

Message Posted:
23/10/2011 11:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 3 in Discussion

FlyingFish

Message Posted:
24/10/2011 08:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 3 in Discussion

I believe this to be the case, i.e. that as long as it is taxed and insured, you can have it in TRNC for up to a year, and then transfer if you pay the relevant duty. For cars over 25 years old, there is little or no duty to pay. However I thought that the criteria was that cars had to be less than 5 years old or over 25 years to transfer over, nevertheless, your 7 year old car would be alright for a year. If anyone has any more info than me on this, please contribute! It's always good to have the most uptodate info on such matters...........

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.