North Cyprus Tourist Board - removals from TRNC to UK
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > removals from TRNC to UK

removals from TRNC to UK

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See all North Cyprus Shipping threads posted so far

» Read about Shipping Freight to North Cyprus

ballymurphy

Message Posted:
23/10/2011 11:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Hi I would like members feedback on removal firms to and from the TRNC to UK and please only feedback from the last year. Removal companies services sometimes deteriorate, e.g. Olytrans got a bad review here on this board a few months ago and before this they had lots of praise from former customers.

Do Valentine Removals use Olytrans from TRNC to the UK ?

Thanks.

kaiserphil

Message Posted:
23/10/2011 12:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

Olaytrans have been praised in the past.

However, all they accomplished for me was to lose my goods completely!

They haven't the faintest idea what happened to them, or so they insisted. I suspect they were stolen from their Famagusta storage.

nurseawful

Message Posted:
23/10/2011 12:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

I know you only want feedback from the last year but we used Pickfords 7 years ago, yes they were more expensive but they came in packed everything including the clothes. 20ft container from Scotland to Liverpool.

Liverpool to Famagusta in November and December. Rough seas so container was longer getting here but not one breakage not even a chipped glass. Can't praise them highly enough.

Chris

mikea11

Message Posted:
23/10/2011 13:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

We used Olaytrans to send our goods to Cyprus and when we returned last October to UK, only complaint I could possibly make was perhaps that I had to chase them a few times to find out what was happening but on the whole all went well and I would recommend and use them again.

matula

Message Posted:
23/10/2011 14:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

I used Valentines Removals in August this year and without elaborating I found them to be quite amateurish as removal companies go.I have had four international moves in the past 10 years to and from South Africa and UK to Cyprus and this last one gave more problems than the other four put together!

MaggieAndBernie

Message Posted:
23/10/2011 14:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

Valentines shipped my stuff out this year and did a marvelous job. They arrived on the dot to pick my stuff up in Lancaster, actually got delivery in Baspinar, Lapta one week earlier than expected. First class service and no breakages or losses whatsoever!

Wouldn't hesitate to recommend them!

Maggie

mickhm

Message Posted:
23/10/2011 18:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

We usee Valentines to bring over some stuff in October this year. They shared us a container and all our goods arrived intact and on time. They dealt with customs and delivered to our door. No complaints whatsoever.

matula

Message Posted:
23/10/2011 22:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

You were lucky Maggie! My goods lay in Famagusta for 5 weeks before being sent overland. I know for a fact that they arrived in London and were cleared by customs on Friday 7th October to be picked up on Monday 10th. This didn't happen and the excuse offered was that one vehicle had broken down and the other had failed it's MOT. I asked why don't you hire a vehicle--this is the UK which is awash with van and truck hire companies and the reply was that the company they use had no vehicles available! I ask you!

Anyway delivery was arranged for Thursday 13th but that didn't happen either as they got there (the warehouse) too late on Wednesday evening to collect. By this time I was losing the plot somewhat but needs must and my shipment was eventually delivered on Friday afternoon.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.