North Cyprus Tourist Board - Are the TRNC banks now jumping on the bandwagon, re. ripoffs
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Are the TRNC banks now jumping on the bandwagon, re. ripoffs

Are the TRNC banks now jumping on the bandwagon, re. ripoffs

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Banks Related Threads posted so far

» See North Cyprus Interest Rates

minertor

Message Posted:
25/10/2011 16:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

I've been here, 50% of the year anyway, since 2004. I was advised, by a friend at the time, to bank with a major TRNC bank, as "they are safe". I have had no problems with builders, lawyers, estate agents or anyone else since I came. For me the place is ideal. I have recently been checking the bank charges debited to my account. Today I asked about some of these charges, £50 this year. It seems I have had a TL account that costs me 15tl per quarter. I have never had a TL account with this bank. I was told I opened it in Feb 2009. I asked to see the paperwork for this, to my mind, fictitious account that as cost me approx £150. We don't do paperwork when you open an account. Yeah, confused me too. They closed this account and credited the 15TL to my sterling account. I am going back tomorrow to dig deeper into this. Bad enough been stabbed in the back by those pretending to be friends without the bank that you trust doing the same. I will name the bank tomorrow. Depends how it goes

T

breezyboy

Message Posted:
26/10/2011 11:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

Which bank Minertor?

t use Garanti and Creditwest with only a very small annual charge from garanti for credit cards which is recouped many times over with air miles.

Brinsley

Message Posted:
26/10/2011 12:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

Tony

You think that is funny, I had to return to NZ to extract monies left in my BNZ account as they wanted to see me in person without paying for my airline flight and then charged me $5 for the privilege for doing so! B's & W's come to mind!

Richard

dizzycows

Message Posted:
26/10/2011 13:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

Not sure what you mean about being 'stabbed in the back' regarding pretending to be friends, did these friends advise you to bank there?

Banks any where decide to change the interest rates, and put on charges that were not there when you opened the account.. Maddening, even our lovely banks do this if they can get away with it ... ...

Dont take friends advise on money issues ever... it always ends up in tears, ....

We make enough blunders with out some one else's help...

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.