North Cyprus Tourist Board - Help please! Problem logging on to wireless network
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Help please! Problem logging on to wireless network

Help please! Problem logging on to wireless network

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» All threads about Internet issues in North Cyprus

» Computers & Internet on Cyprus44 Business Directory

Geomin

Message Posted:
26/10/2011 15:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

I have just changed my internet supplier and have been able to use all of my wireless devices on the new network except one - my Kindle. It worked fine on the old network. When I try to log on to the new network using the correct password I get an error message to say that the device was unable to connect. I have tried switching all other devices off but the Kindle just will not connect. I know it is possible to download books from Amazon via my PC but I would prefer not to do this. Any assistance gratefully received.

Panchocat

Message Posted:
26/10/2011 15:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

I have had a similar problem with Kindle.

Amazon have looked into it and it seems the problem is with our internet service provider having security systems in place that do not recognise Amazon as a secure site. Frustrating and they are looking into it.

You might find that you will get intermittent wireless connect with the kindlestore, that is what happens with us anyway.

Who were you with and who have you changed to?

Geomin

Message Posted:
26/10/2011 15:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Hi Panchocat, thanks for the info. Switched from Digital Supreme to Multimax. no complaints with the service, just this annoying little niggle.

Donaldson

Message Posted:
26/10/2011 16:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Geomin, have you spoken to Kemal at Multimax about it?

Geomin

Message Posted:
26/10/2011 16:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Donaldson, I haven't spoken to Kemal as yet - being a bit of a "techno-dummy" I automatically assumed that it was something I was doing wrong rather than a problem with the internet service! I will contact him if I don't have any luck by tomorrow.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.