North Cyprus Tourist Board - Can anyone help me with a good diet and how to stick to it?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Can anyone help me with a good diet and how to stick to it?

Can anyone help me with a good diet and how to stick to it?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

Nemika

Message Posted:
25/11/2008 21:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 21 in Discussion

Can anyone give me an idea to a good diet that i cant stick too easyily. put on a few pounds since having my little boy and instead of loosing weight i seem to be putting it on. would like to loose at least some weight before xmas. any help would be great help.

i have little will power and find it hard sticking to a diet. i know its only me that can do something about it but i dont really know where to start.

The-Wicks

Message Posted:
25/11/2008 21:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 21 in Discussion

Nemika - not sure how old your little boy is, but if he's on solids, are you doing a "one for me, one for you". This is the downfall of Mums everywhere! Don't worry - the weight will go - long walks with baby is better than any gym, in my opinion, and much more enjoyable. Meanwhile, just try cutting down on portions rather than going on "faddy" diets. With best wishes from a Mum who was enormous after giving birth, but now a 9st 8lbs grumpy old woman of 58!

Kind regards

Jean

Hector

Message Posted:
25/11/2008 22:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 21 in Discussion

For me cutting out the bottle of wine at night helped and as Jean says, cutting down on portions. May sound silly but we bought smaller plates which helped with the smaller portions.

The-Wicks

Message Posted:
25/11/2008 22:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 21 in Discussion

Hector - no, doesn't sound silly at all. I used to weigh 12.5 stones (not flattering on a woman of 5'6", but, like you, bought smaller plates. I felt it worked. Mind you, didn't do much for hubby - just had 2 platefulls.

Regards

Jean

Nemika

Message Posted:
25/11/2008 22:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 21 in Discussion

hi my little boy is now 16 months no i dont tend to eat what he eats as at the min he wont eat any thing he has become a fussy eater. but i seem to be putting on more and more weight. its starting to get me down. i know i need to cut down as i comfort eat alot of the time but i also havent a clue of the right foods to eat im only 21 and havent always had my mum around to point me in the right direction. so ideas would be greatly appreciated

fire starter

Message Posted:
25/11/2008 22:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 21 in Discussion

never visit friends at meal times!

ours feed us when ever they can.

when we first moved in we were on 5 meals a day out of politeness.

it just had to stop.

Groucho

Message Posted:
25/11/2008 22:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 21 in Discussion

Nemika,

The only way to lose weight and keep it off is to eat a smaller balanced diet.

It's no good following a "fad" diet like "Atkins". If you like food and most people do, you must follow a diet that pleases your taste buds or you've lost before you start...

As a guide notionally divide you plate into four quarters... fill half with non-root vegetables, one quarter with carbohydrates and the remaining quarter with protein... this is as balanced as it needs to be without being over-complicated or difficult to keep track of.

Then eat progressively smaller meals until you reach your goal of not overeating and reach your natural body weight...

Before each meal drink a glass of water... in addition to the other drinks you take during the day....

Don't take sugar in tea or coffee... and normally black tea is better than milky... but milk is still good for you... and better than a snack between meals.

Allow yourself one indulgence meal each week.. but don't go mad.

scampy

Message Posted:
25/11/2008 22:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 21 in Discussion

Nimika

When I had my second Jessica who is now 12 I used to walk everywhere with her up and down our village twice a day to take Georgina to playschool

The weight soon fell off

Susie x

MUSIN M

Message Posted:
25/11/2008 22:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 21 in Discussion

nemika

don,t eat after 8 pm at all ,stick to this and you will lose wait ,and eat chillies.

musin

Groucho

Message Posted:
25/11/2008 22:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 21 in Discussion

And put some toilet paper in the fridge if you follow Musin's advice!

batterboy58

Message Posted:
25/11/2008 22:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 21 in Discussion

I had an aunt who lost 2st overnight

batterboy58

Message Posted:
25/11/2008 22:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 21 in Discussion

She had her leg amputated

MUSIN M

Message Posted:
25/11/2008 23:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 21 in Discussion

gavin

thats funny .

musin

sunnycyprus

Message Posted:
25/11/2008 23:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 21 in Discussion

hi Nemika, dont know if you've heard of slimming world diet? not too difficult, i lost 2 stone in one year on it. basically the principle is to seperate carbs and proteins. so for dinner you either eat carbs and veg, or protein and veg, and up your intake of fibre and fruit. i was never hungry on the diet, and as a lover of pasta and potaoes, never missed out on my fave comfort dinners!

good luck with your efforts,

amber

icklepix

Message Posted:
26/11/2008 00:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 21 in Discussion

Exercise and a healthy diet is all you need to lose weight, not a great believer in all these strange diets that are about. I simply cut back on crisps and cheese to lose weight and started running to tone up, although now its cold, grey and dark in england i havent been going and cant wait for the weather to improve so I can get back to it

jacktheladett

Message Posted:
26/11/2008 09:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 21 in Discussion

Icklepix is right, exercise and a healthy diet is the key, please do not 'diet', you will only put the weight back on.

I am a fitness instructor and some of my ladies, and a few friends, are on my healthy eating plan, its tried and tested and works. It is not a diet, there are no gimmicks, no weighing things or points systems, just pure and simple healthy eating. If you have weight to loose you will loose it, but you should combine it with exercise. If you want to see it, let me have your email address and I will send it.

Aslan

Message Posted:
26/11/2008 09:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 21 in Discussion

I read an article in the Cyprus Today the other week about a young down syndrome girl called Sarah who has lost weight from attending a slimming club in Lapta or Alsancak and keeping to a diet that they suggested.

negativenick

Message Posted:
26/11/2008 09:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 21 in Discussion

not rocket science - eat less excercise more !!

Skogsy

Message Posted:
26/11/2008 11:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 21 in Discussion

Nemika

An often overlooked part of a diet is the weighing time.

If you can religiously do the weighing at say 8 in the morning after all ablutions, before the intake of anything and stick to this regime then you will have an accurate point from which to measure gains or losses.

Your body has had all night to absorb the good stuff and process the rest so you get rid of the unwanted stuff and weigh nett so to speak.

After a few days your body clock adjusts to “the time” and you will be able to follow this and I am sure you’ll notice the difference. And of course the other posters dietary advice is worth taking on board as well.

Skogsy

ROBnJO

Message Posted:
26/11/2008 13:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 21 in Discussion

Nemika

Whatever you do don't go on a 'Diet'. They nearly always fail!

The best weight loss aid is a notepad & pen!

Be TOTALLY honest,.. write down everything,.. EVERYTHING,... you eat or drink for at least a week or 2. You will soon see where the calories are coming from.

Most people gain weight because they are consuming more calories than they are expending.

Don't cut out your 'treats', if you love chocolate or crisps, enjoy them but earn them. e.g. if you want a chocolate bar, make yourself take the littlun out for a 20min brisk walk, then treat yourself when you get back! Sit back & enjoy it!

I also agree with not eating after early evening.

In the last 3 years I have lost 3 stone, but still enjoy my Curries, Fry-ups, Cheese & Pickle sandwiches,.... oh, and red wine!

Don't make it boring,.. make it fun!

Rob

bigears

Message Posted:
26/11/2008 14:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 21 in Discussion

Speak to Trish, Kibris Slim, at Jessic on the lapta strip 10.30 Sundays. I lost and have kept it off - with her help 24lbs. Basically its a weight watchers diet "For life" Not a faddy do without, go back to eating as before and put it and more back on. Good Luck you can do it with support and you get that from everyone whho goes. Sue

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.