North Cyprus Tourist Board - Are we being blackmailed? Who can help?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Are we being blackmailed? Who can help?

Are we being blackmailed? Who can help?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

Dazzler

Message Posted:
02/11/2011 21:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 21 in Discussion

Our site has 163 properties &each owner pays approx £1,200 annual maintenance fees.

These fees are not going towards actual maintenance of pools etc but pay for electricity bills ,water ,staff wages etc.

Over last few years,due to lack of maintenance,pools and surrounding areas have deteriorated & now reminds me of a run down council estate.

To cut a long story short, over several letters received from Mr S from April unti now,the cost of repairs for pools etc has gone from

Quote " a number of the pools require work which Mr S has agreed to carry out at no expense to owners "

To

"everyone who has paid £125 or who pays by 11 Nov then Mr S will meet the difference. anyone who fails to pay will be re-invoiced at the actual estimated cost, namely, £225 per property.

If majority pay, then we will pursue those who have not paid for the full amount together with interest and the usual penalties will apply to defaulters "

which means he will stop us buying his water @ 10tl ton

kavenkoy

Message Posted:
02/11/2011 21:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 21 in Discussion

paying that amount of money and the service isnt up to scratch ,You all want to firt them off.

the guy making the rules needs to start doing his job and working towards getting the site sorted ,or his golden goose will have fallen over .

kav

philbailey

Message Posted:
03/11/2011 02:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 21 in Discussion

Which site ?

yenibob

Message Posted:
03/11/2011 06:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 21 in Discussion

Not sure of the ins and outs of this, but according to a mate of mine, something very very similar to that alluded to by Darren is happening on a Medview site at Bogaz.

Dazzler

Message Posted:
03/11/2011 18:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 21 in Discussion

Yes it is Medview site at Bogaz but anything we object to he just won't sell us water so what do we do about this? Any ideas please?

foxylad

Message Posted:
03/11/2011 18:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 21 in Discussion

ali safa another BLACKMAILER IN trnc

simbas

Message Posted:
03/11/2011 19:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 21 in Discussion

Hi Dazzler , you can't be held to ransom by water , get your water from someone else , we have a Villa up your way , we pay 7.5tl . If you want our watermans name and number just say .

Good luck , Simbas

yenibob

Message Posted:
03/11/2011 19:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 21 in Discussion

Pat, you may well be a lovely person, but you really haven't got a clue about the TRNC have you?

How easy do you think it will be for Medview victims to get another water supplier?

Do you know anything about how they receive their water?

What is the position of their Desalination plant?

Are they in a position to receive Iskele water?

dizzycows

Message Posted:
03/11/2011 19:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 21 in Discussion

Not really sure on how the water system works at this complex, but surely a developer cannot hold you to ransom regarding who or where you get your water?

Doesn't the apartments, villas have water tanks to each dwelling? Perhaps Simbas and I are naive on these issues but could not a water tank be fitted for each dwelling, so then be independent from others?

Just a suggestion, as I would not like to be held over a 'barrel' for my water supply...

Bradus

Message Posted:
03/11/2011 19:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 21 in Discussion

What is actually in your contracts? Did you not insert a clause that gave the residents the right to employ a management company of their choosing after a certain time period? Or have you signed contracts that state that the developer has sole right to maintenance of site?

yenibob

Message Posted:
03/11/2011 19:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 21 in Discussion

All living in cloud cuckoo land.

Enough guessing, does anyone actually know how Darren resolves HIS issues at Hilltop?

He CANNOT get his own water as things stand, so lets work from where we are, and not from where we should be.

Bradus

Message Posted:
03/11/2011 19:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 21 in Discussion

My suggestion would be for the whole site to withhold their maintenance fees. Don't squander them and be prepared to back date them when the maintenance is done to your satisfaction.

He has you over a barrel. If you pay and the pool is then not maintained, the paying more every few years, will become a regular occurrence.

Is this the same builder who has never transferred deeds?

Not so much blackmail, as being legally held to ransom.

rowlo

Message Posted:
03/11/2011 19:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 21 in Discussion

good advise from bradus , heed it .

simbas

Message Posted:
03/11/2011 20:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 21 in Discussion

Well that shut me up Bob

Simbas

Bradus

Message Posted:
03/11/2011 20:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 21 in Discussion

Simbas,

It was constructive advice. We really don't have the full information so can only guess as to what the residents can do and I was about to make the same common sense suggestion as yourself. Obviously this site is run very differently to others and the developer has more control with regard to who enters the site and can provide services.

We were not to know that.

Sandcastle

Message Posted:
04/11/2011 11:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 21 in Discussion

Hilltop properties have no individual water tanks. There is one big tank that supplies the water to all the properties.

Individual tanks could be fitted to some villas but the apartments could not get them fitted as the gardens are privately owned as are the roof tops.

The water is provided normally from a water plant at what was 8ytl a ton now 10 ytl.

Iskele council was approached but to lay new pipes would cost in excess of £500,000.

The extra monies is to repair the 11 pools that are now 6 years old and need repair. Unfortunatly most owner thought that their annual maintenance covered maintenance of the pools. Especially as they clean and have looked after the pools in the past. If no payment is made then the pools will be un usable but if they do pay, whos to say they wont be asked again.

Tough one.

Dazzler

Message Posted:
04/11/2011 11:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 21 in Discussion

Thanks for all your suggestions.The water is tankered into HIS tank below the main swimming pool and then piped to individual properties (desalination plant not working).We buy water using a key (chipped)and meter system .I have suggested to everyone I know here not to pay fees but some are afraid as he says he owns the tank.

Regarding using another management company , we have another Medview site called Seaview adjacent to us here at Hilltop and Mr S has combined the two and has now called it Safakoy. Seaview has been built for approx 4 years but Mr S has not provided the facilties promised.(swimming pools etc) so they use ours for a fee)

When we wrote to Medview re not satisfied with them and wanting to replace with another management company,this was the reply ( again I think it's underlying blackmail!)

All companies mentioned below are owned by Mr STo avoid wasted effort let me make it

quite clear that Medview Estates Management Limited have a long term

contract with Elan P

dizzycows

Message Posted:
04/11/2011 12:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 21 in Discussion

Thank you Sandcastle and Dazzler for explaining how the complexes work with the water.. Sounds like its not very straight forward to put in separate tanks etc.

Perhaps other developments have had a similar problem and can now help with their views ....

pollymarples

Message Posted:
04/11/2011 13:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 21 in Discussion

Do you all have your Kocans?

Dazzler

Message Posted:
04/11/2011 19:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 21 in Discussion

Sorry but didn't notice that my previous post had a paragraph missing re us wanting to replace Medview with another management company.This was the reply from Medview:-

There is one further point, which though not addressed by you in your

questions, was a matter discussed and that is the question of

tendering for maintenance. To avoid wasted effort let me make it

quite clear that Medview Estates Management Limited have a long term

contract with Elan Properties Limited. As Seaview owners are only too

well aware the Seaview development is far from complete. This,

however, does not merely include the pools and other facilities. There

are major further property developments included within the approved

plans. There is also further development intended for other parts of

Safakoy. Whilst economic conditions remain difficult it is intended

that further development will be undertaken as circumstances permit.

Elan has made provision for Medview to continue to manage Safakoy a

yenibob

Message Posted:
04/11/2011 19:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 21 in Discussion

Incestuous ......Certainly!

Illegal..............Probably!

Unavoidable.....Definately!

Elan is Medview......Medview is Elan!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.