North Cyprus Tourist Board - vpn using too much download - nethouse do not know why !!!
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > vpn using too much download - nethouse do not know why !!!

vpn using too much download - nethouse do not know why !!!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

the2ofus

Message Posted:
06/11/2011 10:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

We currently have 2mg connection with Nethouse - for several weeks we have had big problems with vpns - theirs and myprivate vpn. Nethouse one is totally useless now - when they checked AGAIN yesterday, by Teamview, the download speed with their vpn connected dropped from 1.97 to .65 (much too slow to watch tv). The upload went from .48 to 0.02 - 0.18. They say they have not got a clue why it is doing that - it is expected to drop the download from 1.97 to approx 1.70 or 1.80.

They have tested it several times and the results are as bad (sometimes worse). They repeatedly ask if we have anything else open that is using the bandwidth but as far as we know we haven't. As soon as they disconnect their vpn the speeds are fine. They have tried re configuring/disconnecting & reconnecting the router - still the same problem

With myvpn it is similar but not using as much - download drops from 1.97 to 1.25 and upload to .27.

Anyone had this problem or knows what it could be ????!!!!

Mr Vince

Message Posted:
06/11/2011 10:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

We have 4 Mg from Multimax, and it regularly tells me that I am getting in excess of 7Mg. However the VPN they give with their package is now stuttering and stopping with frustrating regularity. I cannot get 4OD any more, and ITV is very hit and miss, however BBC is a disaster insufficient bandwidth is the constant message. It is not the internet speed that is causing this. What is going wrong??????

ginty

Message Posted:
06/11/2011 11:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

i use speedy tv and it is brilliant

the2ofus

Message Posted:
06/11/2011 11:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

snap Vince - it has been terrible for over 3 months now. We used to get all channels with just 1mg (Nethouse) and using myprivatevpn. As soon as we were talked into moving up to 4mg Eko package and Nethouse added their own vpn troubles started. Immedaitely lost 4OD and the other channels began playing up - now a nightmare and often cannot watch any live TV. Did as they suggested and went back to "shared" 1mg - no good. Did as they suggested and went to 2 mg - no good. Fed up waiting for engineers to come - never arrive.

Been onto myprivatevpn, who are very helpful, and they say it is the service providers problem. I would like to know where the Nethouse managers are - in which office - as i want to pay them a visit to ask for a refund on a) the wasted package money and b) the phone calls costs (currently over 60TL) to try and get the system that we paid for. No chance i know but i do want to go and see a manager instead of a "techie" on the end of a phone (helpful though they may be).

Washerman

Message Posted:
06/11/2011 12:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

The problem is this:

VPN connections to the UK terminate through an internet connection in the UK - sounds to me like it is over-subscribed !

This is what happens with Freebie/over-subscribed VPN connections.

More UK bandwidth required in the UK.

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
06/11/2011 13:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

@ msg 5, Washerman: (...) This is what happens with Freebie/over-subscribed VPN connections. (...)

▶ Paul, when I recently had similar and even more serious problems Nethouse N. blamed it on a poor connection between Turkish Telekom and the UK. Hmm. Could be, I don't know. But no more (fre or paid for) VPN for me - I stick to my Slingbox in Holland. And I may consider a similar solution in the UK: Slingbox there, UK TV in TRNC. Not cheaper than a free VPN, but more reliable indeed*.

* And I know all the cons you can write now...

Mr Vince

Message Posted:
06/11/2011 13:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

Washerman

If I return to your VPN service will this resolve these problems. I have 4 Mg from mMax. Will I get to watch Chanel 4, ITV and BBC

Vince

islandgirl

Message Posted:
17/11/2011 01:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

I have tried a private as in UK office based VPN where very few people are likely to even think of using it at the times I have been and have the same problem?

I would love the guarantee you seek Mr Vince!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.