North Cyprus Tourist Board - cancer care in north cyprus
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > cancer care in north cyprus

cancer care in north cyprus

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

bugsy

Message Posted:
06/11/2011 11:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

hi could anyone who has had treatment for cancer chemo cat scans etc let me know how the treatment was for them and have they found it expensive we want to return to our home in north cyprus and continue my husbands treatment any feedback would be appreciated thanks

trooper

Message Posted:
06/11/2011 14:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

as the proud possessor of two current separate cancers I have some experience that might be useful. Feel free to calme on 0533 8655882 and will try and help.

Steve.

bugsy

Message Posted:
06/11/2011 17:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

hi steve can you email me as im in uk at mo thanks so much email is babsnal@hotmail.co.uk

nurseawful

Message Posted:
06/11/2011 17:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Bugsy,

The cost depends on the chemotherapy regime you are having, a lot of the drugs here are really expensive on the other hand if you are lucky (not the correct terminology) enough to be having something like methotrexate it is so much cheaper here than in the UK. Also the CT / PET scans the price is determined by the area that is scanned. In my opinion cancer care is on a par with the rest of Europe and sometimes even betters it, but at the end of the day I am only an outsider looking in.!

if you want to contact me off board and let me know exactly what drugs / medication and treatment you will need i will try to find out for you.

Chris

trooper

Message Posted:
06/11/2011 18:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Nurseawful; No personal offence intended but you clearly have no idea about what good quality cancer care is. As for your comment that 'cancer care here in the trnc compares with Europe' etc - words fails me.

It is one thing to have lots of machinery/kit that goes 'ping' and the latest imaging equipment but frankly that is not enough. There is a veryserious lack of medical expertise here in the trnc and to compare it to the best of Euorope is madness and not helpful to the poor buggers who need to know the truth.

I haven't spoken to a doctor here yet who thinks anyone with a choice should stay here for treatment for a serious cancer - not because trnc doctors are not clever or learned but because they lack the thorough training and expertise that is available in the real world.

You say you are an outsider looking in, well I wish I could say the same but sadly my experience is very much an everyday thing for me - two separate cancers make my fairly expert as to where to be treate

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.