North Cyprus Tourist Board - Help, which Charity!?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Help, which Charity!?

Help, which Charity!?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

Cocklebay

Message Posted:
06/11/2011 19:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

At the moment there are so many charitys' in this small corner of the Universe! Which one do I support? Perhaps if we start a Charity for Charity my confusion will ebb slowly away. But seriously though which one is the most deserving!? Please hgelp!!!

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
06/11/2011 23:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Cheshire Homes (local name Girne Rehabilitasyon Merkesi - Kyrenia Rehabilitation Centre ). Afffiliated to (but NOT supported by) Cheshire Homes International. It is mainy a day centre for seriously disabled people and needs your support because they are not so "cute" as animals or children so get less attention.

Also provides phsyiotherapy and other medical services for the general public in return for a reasonable charge and loan (for a donation) of wheelchairs and various mobility aids.

Also worth supporting because it is a join local/expatriate venture so is promoting good relations.

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
07/11/2011 00:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Cheshire Homes (local name Girne Rehabilitasyon Merkesi - Kyrenia Rehabilitation Centre ). Afffiliated to (but NOT supported by) Cheshire Homes International. It is mainy a day centre for seriously disabled people and needs your support because they are not so "cute" as animals or children so get less attention.

Also provides phsyiotherapy and other medical services for the general public in return for a reasonable charge and loan (for a donation) of wheelchairs and various mobility aids.

Also worth supporting because it is a join local/expatriate venture so is promoting good relations.

EamonnMc

Message Posted:
07/11/2011 03:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Cocklebay,

There are many worthy charities around and by their very nature they all have a good cause to serve, however if you have some spare cash I would urge you to consider donating to the Ismael appeal ! This little boy has endured a lot during his short life and urgently requires a bone marrow transplant ! Many kind folk have donated to his fund but 2000TL is still needed. You can read all about this case on this forum, with posts by LooseBoots and Johnny Lee being the most explanatory !

Any donation, no matter how small can make a big difference ! Thanks for taking the trouble to read this thread !

scoobydoo

Message Posted:
07/11/2011 06:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Cocklebay,

If you have to choose a charity to support, go for one that means more to you than any other, or one that you relate to through past experience, whether it be a cancer charity, children's chartiy, animal charity etc.

You may be aware that I support Tulips (Help Those With Cancer Association) the reason is; they helped me.

More importantly, one of the many, many, many things that Tulips do is to pay for the nursing staff on the Oncology unit in Lefkosa State Hospital AND they bring over from Turkey once a week an Oncologist, without this charity there would be no staff in the Oncology unit!

Tulips support Children and Adults, it does not matter to them whether you are a local or an ex-pat of any nationality - they will help you if you need it.

I could go on and on about what Tulips provides but most people are hearing about the Association these days through the press coverage however, if you or anyone requires any further info, please email:

tulipscarole@ya

blade

Message Posted:
07/11/2011 13:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Which ever charity you decide support just please make sure it is registered as a proper charity.

This is the TRNC and there are far to many scammers around.

scoobydoo

Message Posted:
07/11/2011 14:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Blade you are 100% correct, the charity must be registered!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.