North Cyprus Tourist Board - Residency any one done it lately
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Residency any one done it lately

Residency any one done it lately

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Residence Permits

» Read about Work Permits

loulou

Message Posted:
08/11/2011 08:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

i am about to renew my residency,and the rules have changed,ie blood test etc

any one who has done it since the new rules came in force

This will be a great help for everyone when it comes to the visa renewal

Deniz1

Message Posted:
08/11/2011 08:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Type residency in the search box all answers there.

artistabroad

Message Posted:
08/11/2011 09:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

As you're over 60 - according to your profile anyway! - the rules re blood tests etc don't apply, it's just the same as before, but much quieter at the police station now. I went last week at 8am and there were only 8 people at the police station, lots more at the hospital so had a couple of hours wait there. So should be easy and quick for those over 60. The only thing that might be of use to any married ladies going on their own to the police station as I was, as my husband got two years last year, is that for the first time they asked for a copy of my husband's passport - visa page and photo page, which needless to say I didn't have!

jbm2009

Message Posted:
10/11/2011 13:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

We are also off next week to start the yearly fiasco of renewing our residency and would appreciate any feed back from people that have recently renewed theirs!!

stockiefan

Message Posted:
10/11/2011 14:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

We did last week, here goes.

Go to the main Police Station, find the immigration office. If you don't want to queue get there about 7.15/7.30am, you will find a scrap of paper, its a list, pop your name on it. At about 8am a Police officer hands out tickets corresponding with the list, wait your turn. When called in he will start the process, he will hand you a form for your blood test. Leave the station go to the main hospital in Girne, the blood test section is down stairs. Be prepared for a bun fight its busy. Put you name on another list, when called pay 135tl. She hands you a card where to go for your blood test, ours was accross town (not the hospital). Go there give blood. You will need to back after a couple of days to see if the jab has reacted (TB).

After the blood test go back to the Police station (if before 12pm they close after that) queue again, go in they will finish your paperwork (hopefully). Three weeks later go to Lefkosa to collect residency. Easy peasy)

susiesusie

Message Posted:
10/11/2011 14:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Exactly what we went through but with the addition of going back to the hospital to an area/room next to the cafe and put your name down on a list. They called us and we handed in our passport. wait anytime they decide and then collect your results. Then off to nicosia!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.